Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I wonder what's happened to his shooting, I remember how he'd hit ridiculous volleys on target all the time in his first few games here, now I don't think he's gotten a single shot on target from open play this season.

His just so out of shap it´s not even funny.

Then I want to say something that will make 90 % of all people here go crazy, and that is that I think Cabaye is  over hyped. If he is the player he is supposed to be he just don´t disappear from games like he does.

When he is in form he is a great players. But I think he luck the ability to control the midfield and a game. Maybe that has something to do with him playing far to deep. But as a star player in our team. It´s just not ok the start he has had to this season.

If we had some sort of a squad he should definitely be dropped. But we don´t.

He's getting better now every game. I don't quite buy the 'he disappears from games' crit I've seen a few times, he tackled more than anyone else in the league last season, he works hard, I just think in 2 man midfield difficult to have all that long on the ball

what I mean is that Cabaye is a very important play for a team with his offensive play. But unlike Tioté he really can´t control a midfield and set the tempo. That is a big weakness for me. When he is the "main man" he more than often let us down and disappear.

With Tiote he is, when on form (and is playing further up), a brilliant player. Without him we, and him, struggles big time.

Thought he was awful against Norwich, shots were horrible and passing was erratic, need more from him if are to progress, the main problem this season is players have came back looking half arsed and lazy, not sure why, the questionable tactics haven't helped though.

But Cisse, Cabaye, S.Taylor and Gutierrez in particular have looked very poor IMO.

Thought he was awful against Norwich, shots were horrible and passing was erratic, need more from him if are to progress, the main problem this season is players have came back looking half arsed and lazy, not sure why, the questionable tactics haven't helped though.

But Cisse, Cabaye, S.Taylor and Gutierrez in particular have looked very poor IMO.

That last sentence is what makes me so positive about this season. They're only going to get better, Coloccini & Krul will soon be back, the likes of Anita & Marveaux will adapt the more they play, the kids are getting game time...so much to look forward to.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cabaye will struggle in a flat 4 in the middle or when the ball bypasses him in the air which is what's been happening this season and indeed happened many a time last season too.

We need 3 in there in the middle with Cabaye the spearhead of that 3 if you like.