Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Would like to see Cabaye in a Keegan/SBR team, to really judge it but that being said Lee and Speed we're absolutely immense.

Agreed.

WE WANT KEEGAN BACK!

Guest bimpy474

Keegan never went near a player like Cabaye with good reason.

Yet Keegan said this about Jonas :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonas-gutierrez-real-deal-says-1472481

Didn't buy him though. Keegan said similar about Shola before actually working with him. :undecided:

Who recommended Jonas ?  because he was signed when Keegan was manager, same as Guthrie and Bassong.

Keegan is hardly going to slag him off tbf.

Yup, basically It's all dependent on the sale of Cabaye for me. We've had ample opportunity to buy players and have not made a single bid yet.

Don't believe we bid for Kone, were after Aubamayang or are talking to Gomis' club?

Yup, basically It's all dependent on the sale of Cabaye for me. We've had ample opportunity to buy players and have not made a single bid yet.

Don't believe we bid for Kone, were after Aubamayang or are talking to Gomis' club?

Anyone can talk Ian. Remember the court case with Keegan and the whole fake bid's business etc.

Really do get the horrible thought Kinnear was brought in to take the abuse for no signings and is just bullshitting Pardew with no intention of actually sanctioning any signings.

All my own pessimistic theory mind.

Pardew said it himself a while back that hadn't made any bids. Strange for a club "looking" for a new striker imo

Apparently Pardew only spouts nonsense in the press so don't believe what you choose to believe.

Guest reefatoon

I do think Cabaye's future in football lies in a deeper midfield passing role and that#s where his best football will come. Speed/Lee more B2B.

Hhmm, I think he looks very average when he plays that position for us. Sits far too deep and does not dictate play at all.  He looked much better for us when he was pushed further up and was roaming behind Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa a couple of season's ago. I hate seeing him so deep for us as he brings absolutely nothing from that position.

I do find it amazing after a couple of fantastic performances in the Attacking Midfield role the season before last, we haven't seen it tried once since.

He must prefer playing deeper himself. Either that or Pardew is a complete idiot for not trying him pushed forward again.  :tobey:

I think he looks absolutely terrible when playing deep for us. Why does Pardew keep mentioning keeping him ffs just shut up, you don't have to keep saying it.

draw your conclusion from the article

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8837962/transfer-news-alan-pardew-hoping-to-keep-yohan-cabaye-at-newcastle

no need to speak about him at all and no bids from anyone or approaches from any club just splutterings from reporters with nowt else to write about i.e  Manure link

I think he looks absolutely terrible when playing deep for us. Why does Pardew keep mentioning keeping him ffs just shut up, you don't have to keep saying it.

draw your conclusion from the article

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8837962/transfer-news-alan-pardew-hoping-to-keep-yohan-cabaye-at-newcastle

no need to speak about him at all and no bids from anyone or approaches from any club just splutterings from reporters with nowt else to write about i.e  Manure link

He clearly wants an offer for him doesn't he :) - mental.

I do think Cabaye's future in football lies in a deeper midfield passing role and that#s where his best football will come. Speed/Lee more B2B.

Hhmm, I think he looks very average when he plays that position for us. Sits far too deep and does not dictate play at all.  He looked much better for us when he was pushed further up and was roaming behind Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa a couple of season's ago. I hate seeing him so deep for us as he brings absolutely nothing from that position.

Agreed he was great there but I don't think such a slow, with a lack of skill or quick feet can sustain in that position unless we play counter-attacking football.

I don't think he should be the furthest CM back but fairly deep yes. I like the balance of DM-Passer-B2B/AM midfield. The less running Cabaye is forced to do the better, so I think a fairly deep role should suit him with the ability to get forward a few times. Too deep and he does too much running.

Agreed he was great there but I don't think such a slow, with a lack of skill or quick feet can sustain in that position unless we play counter-attacking football.

I don't think he should be the furthest CM back but fairly deep yes. I like the balance of DM-Passer-B2B/AM midfield. The less running Cabaye is forced to do the better, so I think a fairly deep role should suit him with the ability to get forward a few times. Too deep and he does too much running.

I think playing him Attacking Mid as more a linkup man would suit him, not so much the bursting on and taking on players but his passing is good enough to create in them areas. Maybe with Tiote and Sissokho in the centre mid roles. Also Cabaye would be in position to have long shots etc. When he is deep he is just ineffective as there are no passes to play and ends up side to side rather than diagonal through for runners.

His long passing is great but not short, intricate stuff. Marv is much better at that. When facing a deep defence he doesn't the quick feet to engineer a yard of space to pass it through on goal. Counter attacking like against WBA or Swanswea and he's great because there's space for the holywood balls but at home against lesser sides.. nah.

There's only one player who should play a role similar to AM in our squad and it's Sylvain.

His long passing is great but not short, intricate stuff. Marv is much better at that. When facing a deep defence he doesn't the quick feet to engineer a yard of space to pass it through on goal. Counter attacking like against WBA or Swanswea and he's great because there's space for the holywood balls but at home against lesser sides.. nah.

There's only one player who should play a role similar to AM in our squad and it's Sylvain.

Or Vuckic?