Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Soft shit, if true, then.

Utter wanker imo. That stuff bugs me no end. He's not the first and he won't be the last to do it, all wankers the lot of em that do.

Guest Roger Kint

I agree with most of that but as his only aim was to unsettle the player imo its tough to take. We needed him out there last night, thanks to Ashley/JFK's summer spending we had nigh on nowt else.

It is tough to take it is the last thing the squad needed to deal with. I am sure Cabaye missing did effect the other players as well. I don't think we would have been as bad with him last night? Who knows?

Just read a telegraph article now it did make me lol a bit when Ashley supposedly said "which part of him do you want" and then when the Arsenal rep made it clear it was a serious bid was told to come back with a bid of at least £20 mill and negotiations can start. Looks like if Arsenal want him Ashely will win again.

Like you say its impossible to know how the game would go. Its clear it affected us, whether it would have been a better is anyones guess. If he did in fact refuse to play(which i can only assume otherwise surely we would have made him play) then that would be pretty toxic pregame for everyone.

I did chuckle myself with his comment, its the right one too. All other hatred of him aside we know he will get the best deal in for us, sadly not so much when paying out money.

Guest Roger Kint

Utter wanker imo. That stuff bugs me no end. He's not the first and he won't be the last to do it, all wankers the lot of em that do.

Couldnt agree more, remember Babayaro playing after losing his brother(?) and this twat cant muster 90 minutes over this. Massive 'fuck you' to his teammates and fans

Ryder reckoned on Talksport that Cabaye asked not to play.

That's it then, sell him. £15m will do. Go for a pure DM. Play Siss - DM (Anita and Tiote as cover)

Siss  -  DM

Benny - Marv - Remy

Cisse/Gouff

Soft s***, if true, then.

Utter w***** imo. That stuff bugs me no end. He's not the first and he won't be the last to do it, all w*****s the lot of em that do.

Couldnt agree more, remember Babayaro playing after losing his brother(?) and this t*** cant muster 90 minutes over this. Massive 'f*** you' to his teammates and fans

Good point re: Baba.

Guest Phil K

Saying on both Talk Sport and Sky Sports that the bid be have been as LOW as 5mill, and that it went in not yesterday but FRIDAY, and it would seem from that, that it may be Newcastle who handled it badly, not just Wenger. Cabaye however comes out of it badly all round. He wanted his mate signed, and HE's done buggerall so far while Cabaye wants to be off to pastures new.

Sell him, but NOT to Arsenal

Saying on both Talk Sport and Sky Sports that the bid be have been as LOW as 5mill, and that it went in not yesterday but FRIDAY, and it would seem from that, that it may be Newcastle who handled it badly, not just Wenger. Cabaye however comes out of it badly all round. He wanted his mate signed, and HE's done buggerall so far while Cabaye wants to be off to pastures new.

Sell him, but NOT to Arsenal

£5m!

Guest bimpy474

Couldnt agree more, remember Babayaro playing after losing his brother(?) and this twat cant muster 90 minutes over this. Massive 'fuck you' to his teammates and fans

Sums him up when you compare him to Babayaro. And Lovelyhands to a lesser extent.

Guest Roger Kint

Sums him up when you compare him to Babayaro. And Lovelyhands to a lesser extent.

Cant believe i forgot that one. Very emotional night :thup:

That's it then, sell him. £15m will do. Go for a pure DM. Play Siss - DM (Anita and Tiote as cover)

Siss  -  DM

Benny - Marv - Remy

Cisse/Gouff

Sell our second most creative player (Marv won't ever be a starter for Pardew) and replace him with a DM? No thanks. If we sell Cabaye, it needs to be for enough money so that we get Thauvin, Gomis and a new CM in IMO.

FWIW, I don't buy Ryder's bollocks about him refusing to play for one second. It's been blatant for weeks that the club has hoped for a big offer to come in for him, and as soon as we got anything, we didn't want to risk him getting injured.

15 mill would be nice, if we invest 3 mill of it would be decent I suppose

Everything that's come in from player sales has been spent on new players while the club has been in the Premier League under Ashley.  Not always in a timely manor like, and we should certainly be spending more but the fact is we do reinvest money from player sales, not just some of it but all of it.

It took 30 months for all the Carroll money to spent.  There's no excuses for not spending it within 8 months.

I'd rather we took our time and spend wisely than waste it all on shite. That seems to be lost on the impatient crowd.

Guest bimpy474

Everything that's come in from player sales has been spent on new players while the club has been in the Premier League under Ashley.  Not always in a timely manor like, and we should certainly be spending more but the fact is we do reinvest money from player sales, not just some of it but all of it.

It took 30 months for all the Carroll money to spent.  There's no excuses for not spending it within 8 months.

I'd rather we took our time and spend wisely than waste it all on shite. That seems to be lost on the impatient crowd.

Love TT's little carrott danglers. :lol:

I get the feeling they want to sell him because he's rebelled in one way or another against Pardew and the owner. If there was a dressing room revolt last season I wouldn't be surprised if he led it.

You are probably close to the truth with this - club is rotten to the core.

I get the feeling they want to sell him because he's rebelled in one way or another against Pardew and the owner. If there was a dressing room revolt last season I wouldn't be surprised if he led it.

I absolutely love these little assumptions based on nothing.

Guest bimpy474

This theory doesn't work if no one bid for him like.

Guest neesy111

I'd rather we didn't get relegated thanks.

Siss  -  DM

Benny - Marv - Remy

Cisse/Gouff

Sell our second most creative player (Marv won't ever be a starter for Pardew) and replace him with a DM? No thanks. If we sell Cabaye, it needs to be for enough money so that we get Thauvin, Gomis and a new CM in IMO.

The football guru has spoken. If you'd known how the sport works you'd probably noticed that the creative outlet would be Marv, who not only has played his best games for us centrally as the creative outlet and has made us tick there, but also had the most assist for the club last season. We'd need to obviously change the dynamics of our game, but with the lineup I'd suggested I'd see Sissoko playing like last night and the new DM anchoring the midfield. I really rate Marveaux, but obviously his fitness is the big worry here. But I'd rather go for a new DM than look for a new creative midfielder which we'll never find.

As for getting Thauvin, we should be getting him in regardless of whether Cabs goes or not.

FWIW, I don't buy Ryder's bollocks about him refusing to play for one second. It's been blatant for weeks that the club has hoped for a big offer to come in for him, and as soon as we got anything, we didn't want to risk him getting injured.

Shades of Shay Given. Although, of course, on that occasion, if I remember correctly, it was Given that you were criticising.

The only positive of this sale would be that it might mean Gomis is signed given they'll have more money than they thought they would have.

I'm not even a fan of Cabaye but I have little to no hope he'd be replaced effectively before the window slams shut (watch your fingers kids!) given that we struggle to get the players we do want and need over the line in an acceptable timeframe unless the relegation cloud in looming. If he's not it's going to be a long season as it's going to be likely that our starting 2 midfielders (Tiote & Sissoko) can't pass the ball nor have vision with any degree of quality.

Saying that if #headsgone he is as good as gone already. I'd hate to see what sort of performances he'd turn in in his current state given some of the disinterested dross he served up last season.

I'd rather we didn't get relegated thanks.

Cabaye isn't a player who make any kind of difference in a relegation fight, in fact he might, he might cause us more problems with his petulance and dirtiness. He'd go straight for a red card so he didnt have to be involved just like his best mate. Its these cowardly individuals which are costing us, great when things are good, but when up against the wall they piss their pants and want to go home.

Well go down because of Pardew, nowt to do with selling Cabaye and not spending it all in two weeks and the winter window. I'd rather we milk arsenal/PSG or whoever for all we can, try and replace him but if it doesn't happen try again in January. What I don't want is us buying another player mentally as weak as him or his pal, who only think of themselves because that kind of replacement will see us go down.