Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

£15m opening bid? Fine, Ashley will never accept an opening bid. Get it over the £20m line.

Aye, i bet we get this fucking transfer over that wanking line.

So we're to believe the Arsenal bid was yesterday but cabaye found out today via his agent or somebody at arsenal? I can just picture it, cabaye gets a phone call at dinnertime and walks down the team bus to confront pards. Ten minutes later the bus is at a service station on the m60 to let cabaye off.

I doubt Cabaye is unprofessional enough that he wouldn't have been willing to play and put in a shift tonight. Seems pretty obvious to me that the club have been desperate to flog either this lad or Cisse throughout the summer (the transfer market "congestion" excuse that Pardew made for a lack of new signings referred to the inability to sell either of them, I would've thought), and now that the bidding war looks set to begin for Cabaye it would make sense that they wouldn't want to risk him picking up an injury, since he's pretty prone to them. Cynical towards the management of the club, perhaps, but not far from the truth I'd imagine.

Spot on. :thup:

When it comes to MA it's all about the Benjamins.

Guest bimpy474

In dropping him and publicly stating he's had his head turned hasn't pardiola fucked any chance of a bidding war? We need to get shot of him now, simple as that no? There will be no coming back from this for cabaye if we keep rejecting bids.

Excuses thread see. ;)

As if the initial outlay matters. Cabaye could leave to Derby County on a free or to PSG for a Gazillion billion (+ £1 release clause). The net re-investment to the team would remain....one ha'penny jizz.

Straight into Ashley's pocket with an 'it was too late, well we tried' from pardew. Predictable.