Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Pardew just said on radio the bid was made yesterday... Change of story?...

I'm sure he said that before the game.

Aye, bid came in Sunday night but it wasn't us that told Cabaye about it.

Pardew just said on radio the bid was made yesterday (Sunday)... Change of story?...

Didn't he say 'the night before' on TV?

Apologies if he did... Got the impression the bid was made lunchtime... (Monday for the pedantic :lol:)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alan-pardew-arsenal-bid-for-yohan-cabaye-lacked-respect-and-honour-8775352.html

“When you do a pre-season like we have and been very thorough and prepared for three days with a team that includes Cabaye, it is tough for his head to be turned on the eve of a game. I didn’t see any reason why that needed to happen. Why they couldn’t do us the respect and the honour of waiting until Tuesday evening is beyond me

“I think it is just a very difficult situation when a player gets news like that and it wasn’t us who gave him the news. That it is very hard to get your head round to play a game of this magnitude. I don’t really want to comment anymore than that. It is pretty obvious I am upset about that and I would rather focus on what for us has been a tough day. We have 37 games to go and we need to make sure we don’t let this game emotionally scar us.”

Asked about the size of the Arsenal bid, Pardew said, “I am not sure of the exact terms of it but it is below our valuation of the player, for sure.”

He added: “This [Cabaye] is a terrific player ... there is a question about the window being closed before we kick off the Premier League season. I know the Premier League asked the European leagues to do it and they said the European leagues wouldn’t fall in line. After the summer we have had, the situations we have had, with [Wayne] Rooney as well, it is definitely something they need to put under the microscope again.”

See, a new excuse, he's blamed the transfer window.  :lol:

In an ideal world we'd make an excellent penny off him and basically pick and chose a better replacement who gives us what he does in terms of passing with someone with a better engine and some height. I'm assuming he's off before the weekend.

Arsenal are a bunch of c***s.  But we're a club owned by an even bigger one and we're left to suffer from all types of angles.

15 mill would be nice, if we invest 3 mill of it would be decent I suppose

Everything that's come in from player sales has been spent on new players while the club has been in the Premier League under Ashley.  Not always in a timely manor like, and we should certainly be spending more but the fact is we do reinvest money from player sales, not just some of it but all of it.

Guest neesy111

Everything that's come in from player sales has been spent on new players while the club has been in the Premier League under Ashley.  Not always in a timely manor like, and we should certainly be spending more but the fact is we do reinvest money from player sales, not just some of it but all of it.

It took 30 months for all the Carroll money to spent.  There's no excuses for not spending it within 8 months.

Guest neesy111

Did the Carroll money get spent?

Well it took 30 months for us to accumulate the 35M in transfer spend.  That's just more than 1M a month.

Pitiful.

It took 30 months for all the Carroll money to spent.  There's no excuses for not spending it within 8 months.

Didn't say there was, I said myself its not spent in a timely manor.  I also don't think we should be sticking to only spending what we bring in when there are obviously good players available who would improve us.

He can go for all I care, would rather have Nolan at the moment. What am I saying? WHAT AM I FUCKING SAYING?

This club is so fucked up.

I'd love Nolan back. Bloke who gave a fuck about the club, would be a lot better than what we seen tonight and certainly would have showed more fight and commitment than Cabaye last season.

I told my mate this today: we need only the players who can find the resolve the Championship side did, the Nolans, the Bartons, etc., people who actually want to play for us and care about us. And care about their own performance. We currently have nobody aside from Krul, Hatem and Colo.

how about we have an optimistic manager who knows where to put them, and how to bring the best out of them?  And above him, we have fuckers that actually care about the success of the club.  And success doesn't mean floating by in the premier league.  The players are merely a reflection of the plague that has struck this club.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pardew could drain the fight out of anyone. 

With the wages we pay out these days this wount cover a £10 mill player :)

Ah well, just time to wish Cabaye good luck. Maybe we should move with him?

It might improve your life expectancy....and his !

The hero worship that was once affordedthis guy.

How do players just behave the way they do?

Never ceases to amaze me.

Bitch move by one hell of a diva.

Do we just expect players to not f*** us off when we have zero ambition? I cannot blame him, I don't necessarily respect him for it but I cannot blame him.

On the flip side we've just been anal filsted by a bunch of over-payed divas.

This - if the club had any ambition and wasn't a laughing stock, run by a mendacious fool, players wouldn't want to leave. There wasn't a rush for the door when SJH and KK were in charge.....

When a decently run club makes a tidy profit on a talented player who's not really suited to their team, they remain in control of the situation and gain from it.

With us, it just puts us further into disarray.

how about we have an optimistic manager who knows where to put them, and how to bring the best out of them?  And above him, we have f***ers that actually care about the success of the club.  And success doesn't mean floating by in the premier league.  The players are merely a reflection of the plague that has struck this club.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pardew could drain the fight out of anyone. 

The season we were fifth he was a confident if not arrogant man and it actually seemed to work for us. As soon as we lost at Wigan away and Everton that season we've not been the same and he's literally been weak and scared to make any attacking type of decision. Coward.

wonder what Joey Barton thinks of this c*** now? Seem to remember he left the club after Cabaye was signed as a supposed replacement.

Would rather have Barton and Nolan back than this c*** now...for football reasons only. Cabaye has been s*** for the past year..