Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Because he couldn't do the most important thing of his job... play in a match for us?

:lol:

You don't know what the situation was? He could have been pulled out by higher up to not risk injury, Pardew might have made the call despite Cabaye saying he would play, to say he's a cunt and doesn't deserve paid when we don't know the ins and outs of what actually did happen is strange. Just because Arsenal placed a bid and Cabaye was left out of the side shouldn't mean we should dock him a weeks pay, nothing has came out to say he refused to play.

Because he couldn't do the most important thing of his job... play in a match for us?

You don't know what the situation was? He could have been pulled out by higher up to not risk injury, Pardew might have made the call despite Cabaye saying he would play, to say he's a cunt and doesn't deserve paid when we don't know the ins and outs of what actually did happen is strange. Just because Arsenal placed a bid and Cabaye was left out of the side shouldn't mean we should dock him a weeks pay, nothing has came out to say he refused to play.

That is completely reasonable, but we were talking about players who say they can't play as their head is turned. In that situation I'd think your a cunt when you a professional millionaire and can't muster 90 mins of football for your club and the fans who help pay your huge wages.

Maybe that doesn't apply to Cabaye, but if it does then I think he's a bit of a cunt for letting everyone down given the money he earns and the dream he lives.

You don't know what the situation was? He could have been pulled out by higher up to not risk injury, Pardew might have made the call despite Cabaye saying he would play, to say he's a c*** and doesn't deserve paid when we don't know the ins and outs of what actually did happen is strange. Just because Arsenal placed a bid and Cabaye was left out of the side shouldn't mean we should dock him a weeks pay, nothing has came out to say he refused to play.

That is completely reasonable, but we were talking about players who say they can't play as their head is turned. In that situation I'd think your a c*** when you a professional millionaire and can't muster 90 mins of football for your club and the fans who help pay your huge wages.

Maybe that doesn't apply to Cabaye, but if it does then I think he's a bit of a c*** for letting everyone down given the money he earns and the dream he lives.

Well yeah i agree, but it's still a big 'IF', therefore we can't really hold anything against him at this moment in time as we don't know what actually happened. So for now, he's not a cunt and he should be getting paid  :lol:

You don't know what the situation was? He could have been pulled out by higher up to not risk injury, Pardew might have made the call despite Cabaye saying he would play, to say he's a c*** and doesn't deserve paid when we don't know the ins and outs of what actually did happen is strange. Just because Arsenal placed a bid and Cabaye was left out of the side shouldn't mean we should dock him a weeks pay, nothing has came out to say he refused to play.

That is completely reasonable, but we were talking about players who say they can't play as their head is turned. In that situation I'd think your a c*** when you a professional millionaire and can't muster 90 mins of football for your club and the fans who help pay your huge wages.

Maybe that doesn't apply to Cabaye, but if it does then I think he's a bit of a c*** for letting everyone down given the money he earns and the dream he lives.

Well yeah i agree, but it's still a big 'IF', therefore we can't really hold anything against him at this moment in time as we don't know what actually happened. So for now, he's not a cunt and he should be getting paid  :lol:

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/fun_clown_im_a_pedantic_mug-rd746771e1286449bb451b22752659b49_x7jg5_8byvr_324.jpg

Is this your cup any chance?

Yes it's all theory and debate, but point stands for any player who does refuse to play in these sort of circumstances. Of course we don't know for sure, but I find it less likely the club dropped him than Cabaye dropped out himself.

Brett is right here its clear Pardew pulled him from the team.

His head was turned is the biggest load of crap ever. Rooney who is one of the biggest sulkers in the league managed to play.

Shocked at how people have turned on Cabaye to be honest

Brett maybe right, we don't know. I haven't "turned on Cabaye" as we don't know for sure. If he hasn't been sold and there aren't any bids on the table that we are about to accept then he should be started against West Ham. I'm hoping that's the case as we need him right now.

He is not playing tomorrow so say SSN, if he was 100% in it until he left I am sure he would he picked to start.

I would hope so, but I really wouldn't bet against it being some shitty games from the people who run our club. Pardew already said he'd dropped him, rather than Cabs refusing to play. Who knows.

Where did he say that, out of interest?

Pre match interview City.

Brett maybe right, we don't know. I haven't "turned on Cabaye" as we don't know for sure. If he hasn't been sold and there aren't any bids on the table that we are about to accept then he should be started against West Ham. I'm hoping that's the case as we need him right now.

He should at least be training, whether or not his head is right for games. He doesn't even appear to be doing that as far as we can tell.

If Cabaye was that against it, you'd assume he would have come out by now and set the record straight. The club have probably been hoping for a larger bid this week that hasn't quite materialised. I don't expect him to start against West Ham. Perhaps his head will be all over the place, or he has picked up a small knock and the club were not willing to risk further injury.

He is not playing tomorrow so say SSN, if he was 100% in it until he left I am sure he would he picked to start.

I would hope so, but I really wouldn't bet against it being some shitty games from the people who run our club. Pardew already said he'd dropped him, rather than Cabs refusing to play. Who knows.

Where did he say that, out of interest?

Pre match interview City.

If Pardew has said that then fair enough, still don't like it though. Either Cabaye is compromised and can't play properly in Pardew's eyes or they are keeping him safe from injury so he sells ok.

:anguish:

Just hope he does end up playing against West Ham.

If we don't need to sell to buy, then why the fuck are we selling?

We might not need to, but it will severely limit our budget if we do not. It does seem like it's one in, one out. Players came in in January, a few have left in the summer and not been replaced.

If Pardew has to drop a player because he believes he can't play after a bid comes in for him, I do wonder how they make that judgement. What behavior do you have to display to think "aww he isn't right in the head tonight is he? poor lad, best he be dropped as he will be day dreaming of his potential transfer instead of concentrating in the game".

If Cabaye was that against it, you'd assume he would have come out by now and set the record straight. The club have probably been hoping for a larger bid this week that hasn't quite materialised. I don't expect him to start against West Ham. Perhaps his head will be all over the place, or he has picked up a small knock and the club were not willing to risk further injury.

I think this idea that a team doesn't play their best player because he might get injured is a bit overplayed. If PSG or Arsenal really want him, they'll buy him, whether he plays and gets a knock, or gets a red and is out for 3 games.

Hell, we took on Remy with a buggered legs, and he's only here for a short while.

If Pardew has to drop a player because he believes he can't play after a bid comes in for him, I do wonder how they make that judgement. What behavior do you have to display to think "aww he isn't right in the head tonight is he? poor lad, best he be dropped as he will be day dreaming of his potential transfer instead of concentrating in the game".

It's clear to me that that is an excuse. The player didn't make the squad as it wasn't deemed a game worthy enough to risk injury.

I think this idea that a team doesn't play their best player because he might get injured is a bit overplayed. If PSG or Arsenal really want him, they'll buy him, whether he plays and gets a knock, or gets a red and is out for 3 games.

Hell, we took on Remy with a buggered legs, and he's only here for a short while.

It is rare that a player will pick up a serious injury that will keep them out for several months in the game just before his move, but the chance is there. So why risk it?

It's not a big if like, it's a very small one.

It is rare that a player will pick up a serious injury that will keep them out for several months in the game just before his move, but the chance is there. So why risk it?

I think it's simply more of an issue for the player wanting the move than the selling club, or the buying club.

In this case I'd suggest that Cabaye has more reasons to step out of training and games, than the club itself choosing to sideline their vice captain.

you make it sound like he has a say in the matter

you make it sound like he has a say in the matter

Please forgive me...

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 1m

Laurent Blanc has announced if he can get rid of enough players quickly he will try and sign 'one or two players of quality'. #PSG #Cabaye?

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 1m

Laurent Blanc has announced if he can get rid of enough players quickly he will try and sign 'one or two players of quality'. #PSG #Cabaye?

Verratti & Sakho. Done deal.

Guest bimpy474

PSG or Arsenal are going to buy him next week, no time for us to react, it's like a carefully laid out plan in action.