Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Roger Kint

We don't have to offer anything to make him stay, he's already agreed to his current contract.

As you say though, we might want to sell if the price is right.

I think he was sold a different vision that what he's seeing though. I bet he was promised signings and progression on the pitch, not the tight fisted nonsense we've had. Doesn't excuse not playing mind.

This is exactly why Jose Enrique left.

When we signed him we told him we'd be challenging to play Champions League football.

Instead we got relegated  :mike:

He was a big part of why we got relegated though, not as shit as Colo first season but still....

Guest icemanblue

He has 3 years on his contract

We bought him quite cheaply so we are not really risking a big investment in not playing him if it goes that far.

Its a world cup year so he has to play. And also play well.

Unless we get 20-25 mil for him, why on earth should we sell?

Yep. :thup:

My only concern is that his sale is directly linked to our chances of bringing in more players (LOL, etc).

We bought him quite cheaply so we are not really risking a big investment in not playing him if it goes that far.

My only concern is that his sale is directly linked to our chances of bringing in more players (LOL, etc).

Given that he is widely believed to be a key character around the dressing room with the French contingent I'm not sure having him moping around in the stiffs is necessarily the best idea either, normally I'd be all for letting him train with the youths etc.

Guest icemanblue

Given that he is widely believed to be a key character around the dressing room with the French contingent I'm not sure having him moping around in the stiffs is necessarily the best idea either, normally I'd be all for letting him train with the youths etc.

Ah, missed that line. Obviously, if he is to stay, he needs to stay part of the first team squad, and play. He needs to play, for the World Cup, and we'll need him too as well.

He hasn't been very good lately, but who has? Just have to think about the Chelsea game at home to remember how good he can be when the team works/plays like a team.

Absolutely top class display in that game! Im sure that if he was to move on we'd realise how effective he can be, and good.

L'Equipe think PSG might be "cooling their interest".

It could be that they have found out that Cabaye is more interested in going to Arsenal. In any case it seems unlikely that anyone is going to stump up the sort of fee we are looking for.

Guest icemanblue

Wey, we don't know that for certain, like. I doubt he will actually play though. He didn't seem to be involved in training at all.

So one bid and he is still not going to play for us, so unprofessional,  Baines and Fellaini both subject of Man U bids that were rejected and neither have made an issue of it.

Everton don't want to sell though.

So one bid and he is still not going to play for us, so unprofessional,  Baines and Fellaini both subject of Man U bids that were rejected and neither have made an issue of it.

Pardew claims he dropped him. What other information on this has there been to suggest he's being unprofessional or refusing to play?

Guest reefatoon

Exactly right.  Though he does seem a petulant little thing.

He is not playing tomorrow so say SSN, if he was 100% in it until he left I am sure he would he picked to start.

I would hope so, but I really wouldn't bet against it being some shitty games from the people who run our club. Pardew already said he'd dropped him, rather than Cabs refusing to play. Who knows.

Darn amateurs should have used the injury excuse like Spurs do with Bale instead. :lol: That would not have put both club and player in a less favourable light, and ensure prolonged attention isn't on the player in case a sale falls through.

He is not playing tomorrow so say SSN, if he was 100% in it until he left I am sure he would he picked to start.

I would hope so, but I really wouldn't bet against it being some shitty games from the people who run our club. Pardew already said he'd dropped him, rather than Cabs refusing to play. Who knows.

Where did he say that, out of interest?

Drooped him because he had his head turned, I am sure if he was in the right frame of mind he would have played, he has now had days to get used to the situation but he is still not going to play.

I know its easy to blame the club and yes its not a far fetched idea it could be games but I would not be shocked to find out it is Cabaye being in a huff.

I never get this "not in the right frame of mind" bullshit that happens sometimes when a club bids for a player. I mean Cabaye is already a millionaire French international playing in the one of the biggest leagues in the world. So a bid from Arsenal means he can't play 90 mins of football to the best of his ability still?

It's gutless bullshit. If the guy was working in Tesco's for minimum wage and got offered a multi-million pound contract to play for Arsenal I could understand mugging Tesco's off and not turning up for work.

Oh well...

A player should be able to switch off external factors and play well for his team regardless of transfer stuff, if he can't handle that pressure he's not going to be able to handle pressure in games at all.

It all seems smoke and mirrors for not wanting him to jeopardize his transfer by getting injured

A player should be able to switch off external factors and play well for his team regardless of transfer stuff, if he can't handle that pressure he's not going to be able to handle pressure in games at all.

It all seems smoke and mirrors for not wanting him to jeopardize his transfer by getting injured

The most logical part of this, either way the cunt shouldn't get paid for last week as a result.

The most logical part of this, either way the c*** shouldn't get paid for last week as a result.

Why shouldn't he?