Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Has he been training or has he been at home picking up a wage while we actively try to sell him?

when does the official site put up (inspirational) pictures of training before match days?  Should be easy to spot.  His head's been turned so he should look like that lass fae The Exorcist.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Gallery/0,,10278~3430222,00.html

No Cabaye fwiw.

Who's the first pic, number 37.

Satka with a haircut ?

Yar.

I wonder if Cabaye's head is still turned?

Pardew seems to love that line, If Cabaye isn't in the squad for saturday I'll be convinced he's being kept out by the club to keep him to sell him.

After all the Club are doing everything apart from announcing to the world we want to sell.

Guest bimpy474

Has he been training or has he been at home picking up a wage while we actively try to sell him?

when does the official site put up (inspirational) pictures of training before match days?  Should be easy to spot.  His head's been turned so he should look like that lass fae The Exorcist.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Gallery/0,,10278~3430222,00.html

No Cabaye fwiw.

Who's the first pic, number 37.

Satka with a haircut ?

Yar.

Cheers ;)

Lanky lad Satka like..

There is absolutely nothing we can offer to make him stay at this point. World Cup year, we've strengthened very little while letting a few go out the door, Pardew is manager with the added bonus of Kinnear running transfers. The club is being run like a joke, just when it looks like we might have a bit positivity qualifying for Europe, it quickly descends into farce and our own manager says he's glad we've not got Europe to contend with again.

No ambition. We will be left with players who have none either, and there's only one way the club will head when that happens.

There is absolutely nothing we can offer to make him stay at this point. World Cup year, we've strengthened very little while letting a few go out the door, Pardew is manager with the added bonus of Kinnear running transfers. The club is being run like a joke, just when it looks like we might have a bit positivity qualifying for Europe, it quickly descends into farce and our own manager says he's glad we've not got Europe to contend with again.

No ambition. We will be left with players who have none either, and there's only one way the club will head when that happens.

The club don't want him to stay.

They want to cash in sadly, the numerous mentions of "can't compete with" "powerless" etc are total crap.

If the club wanted him to stay the stance would be not for sale at any price.

He should have been told he'll be allowed to leave if another club comes up with the right offer, until then he has to play as normal. That's how it would be at most other clubs, it's bizarre that we lose players because other clubs make an offer on them. What if this happened to 5 or 6 first team players? Would they all just put their feet up and say, "sorry boss but I think I'll miss this one"?

Something clearly happened behind the scenes but I find the whole "his heads been turned" so he doesn't have his head in the game a load of bollocks. Maybe he refused to play? Either way it was used as an excuse for the performance which wasn't good. Pardew spent the whole summer saying how well Cabaye was dealing with speculation and praising him then suddenly he couldn't play him because he'd had sme kind of mental breakdown after the Arsenal bid :lol:

I think it was purely down to us not wanting to risk injury with a high value player in a game where even a draw looked completely off the table. Cabaye will go along with this story as he will get his move eventually.

I think it was purely down to us not wanting to risk injury with a high value player in a game where even a draw looked completely off the table. Cabaye will go along with this story as he will get his move eventually.

Wouldn't put it past JFK to instruct Pardew very late that he couldn't select Cabaye for this very reason.

Guest bimpy474

We don't have to offer anything to make him stay, he's already agreed to his current contract.

As you say though, we might want to sell if the price is right.

I think he was sold a different vision that what he's seeing though. I bet he was promised signings and progression on the pitch, not the tight fisted nonsense we've had. Doesn't excuse not playing mind.

Guest bimpy474

For a start, when he first signed he told of how he was promised we would play a passing, progressive game.

Yep exactly, not launch ball and a system that has zilch movement in it.

We don't have to offer anything to make him stay, he's already agreed to his current contract.

I think he was sold a different vision that what he's seeing though. I bet he was promised signings and progression on the pitch, not the tight fisted nonsense we've had. Doesn't excuse not playing mind.

This is exactly why Jose Enrique left.

When we signed him we told him we'd be challenging to play Champions League football.

Instead we got relegated  :mike:

Wouldn't put it past JFK to instruct Pardew very late that he couldn't select Cabaye for this very reason.

does strike me as orders from above, which I can put as part of my conspiracy theory in that JFK will keep him out until post window and he's hoping Pardew will be sacked by then so he can ride in and restore "kebab" to the starting line up and we mere peasants and stare in awe and wonder at this glorious achievement which will be "like a new signing"

Guest bimpy474

This is exactly why Jose Enrique left.

When we signed him we told him we'd be challenging to play Champions League football.

Instead we got relegated  :mike:

Ashley's vision :(

I don't think the world cup has much if anything to do with Cabaye wanting to leave. He was shit for much of last season and they still picked him, and anyway if he went to Arsenal he risks not playing. Or at least reduced minutes.

The damage was done last summer, in my opinion. Cabaye thought we were gonna push on, like we all did, but we've shown no ambition at all and have in fact regressed. So he's jumping ship and who could blame him?

I don't think the world cup has much if anything to do with Cabaye wanting to leave. He was s*** for much of last season and they still picked him, and anyway if he went to Arsenal he risks not playing. Or at least reduced minutes.

The damage was done last summer, in my opinion. Cabaye thought we were gonna push on, like we all did, but we've shown no ambition at all and have in fact regressed. So he's jumping ship and who could blame him?

This is my view too. He will show what he can do, esp if he goes to Arsenal and we see him regularly....

I don't think the world cup has much if anything to do with Cabaye wanting to leave. He was s*** for much of last season and they still picked him, and anyway if he went to Arsenal he risks not playing. Or at least reduced minutes.

Most newcastle fans will blame him sadly and totally overlook the factors in him wanting to leave.

He has 3 years on his contract

We bought him quite cheaply so we are not really risking a big investment in not playing him if it goes that far.

Its a world cup year so he has to play. And also play well.

Unless we get 20-25 mil for him, why on earth should we sell?