Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He wasn't on the Man City video of the players going into the changing rooms. Must've camped out on the bus

I think this is the case, he certainly didn't enter the stadium from what the reporters suggested.

Sorry if already posted;

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has insisted he will put the club before Yohan Cabaye.

France international midfielder Cabaye, 27, was the subject of a rejected bid of about £10m from Arsenal and has yet to play for the Magpies this season. Pardew declined to confirm whether or not Cabaye refused to play in the first two games of the season against Manchester City and West Ham but said he will play no part in Wednesday's Capital One Cup second round tie at Morecambe.

Pardew said: "The answer isn't as simple as a 'yes' or a 'no'. The answer is he is either going to be sold and we are going to have to replace him in the window that we have left, or he's going to stay.

"But I, as the manager, have to protect him and protect the football club, more importantly. The first thing on my agenda is the football club, trust me, and that will always come first while I am the manager here."

I know Pardew gets some heat but I trust him to sort this situation out.

Colo wanted away. Colo is still here and playing.

Sorry if already posted;

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has insisted he will put the club before Yohan Cabaye.

France international midfielder Cabaye, 27, was the subject of a rejected bid of about £10m from Arsenal and has yet to play for the Magpies this season. Pardew declined to confirm whether or not Cabaye refused to play in the first two games of the season against Manchester City and West Ham but said he will play no part in Wednesday's Capital One Cup second round tie at Morecambe.

Pardew said: "The answer isn't as simple as a 'yes' or a 'no'. The answer is he is either going to be sold and we are going to have to replace him in the window that we have left, or he's going to stay.

"But I, as the manager, have to protect him and protect the football club, more importantly. The first thing on my agenda is the football club, trust me, and that will always come first while I am the manager here."

No more terps for this man, i mean it.

Sorry if already posted;

No more terps for this man, i mean it.

No really, he is. I saw him and everything.

The club wants to cash-in. He's not even been hotly pursued but at the first sign of real interest he's with the reserves. I can somewhat understand City but to miss Wham after we've rejecting a bid shows we are not serious about keeping him.

Or he's refusing to play and we don't want to actually say he's refusing to play because it makes our position look weaker?  Who knows what's happening, just throwing a possible alternative out there.  I don't doubt we'll be happy to sell him for top money either, don't believe we'll sell him otherwise though and I think our past dealings back that up.

I don't believe he's refusing to play.

I've good word he did, not entirely sure what happened, but he was happy to carry on playing but him and Pards exchanged words in the City dressing room which turned into a heated row, which ended up with Cabaye insisting to be taken off the team sheet. Since then they have both talked about the situation and both have agreed for the time being it's best not to play till issue is resolved but Cabaye won't push for a move to Arsenal as ideally wants to go back to France. That’s not say he won’t sign if they stumped up the cash but can’t see him submitting any transfer requests as he would still happily play here if the deal never happened.

Source?

Thought not.

Mentioned it before, my brother's girlfriend is an Argie and close family friend to them. She was telling me on Sunday about the Cabaye thing, then said on the way up to Glasgow to see Eminem, Colo was ‘bitching’ about Pardew not getting a grip on things going on at the club. It's her 21st dinner party this coming weekend, so hopefully i'll have the balls to ask some questions myself, if i bottle it, you'll have to make do with a couple of pictures unfortunately.

I very much doubt Arsenal will double their bid, usually any negotiated bid goes up by about 50% at most, they were probably hoping we would meet in the middle at £15m.

PSG seems most likely imo and they may well come back in late in window. Watch us sell him on deadline day and say no time to replace him. It's ludicrous to me that we won't sign a replacement till he is gone, it's MUCH preferable to sign one now who can bed in even with Cabaye still here, he wants away and if he stays this window he will be gone next. His replacement will be in tune with squad by then, or may have been found out as not good enough, this is the way sensible clubs are run.

Guest Slippery Sam

Sorry if already posted;

So Pardew is saying Cabaye is already sold - subject to a replacement being brought in in time?

Every car i've ever bought, the haggling over the price has taken no longer than 5 minutes. How come a footballer can take weeks to sell?

Worst analogy ever. :lol:

Not really. You know before you enquire what you think the thing is worth, and what you're prepared to pay, which is exactly the same as the situation Arsenal are in.

The car doesn't have to make a decision on if it would prefer you to drive it or someone else.

And also, the option of the car dealer keeping the car until its contract runs out and anyone can pick it up is not a common one.

Honestly, henke, it's a terrible, terrible analogy :lol:.

Sorry if already posted;

So Pardew is saying Cabaye is already sold - subject to a replacement being brought in in time?

I don't think that's the deciding factor. I think the deciding factor is a buying club meeting our asking price. For me the situation is exactly the same as Colo wanting a transfer last season:

- The player wants to move.

- Buying club can't/won't pay what he's worth.

That situation didn't change. The offer didn't come in, so now Colo is back in the side and playing. It will be the same with Cabaye. Either the right offer comes in, or the window shuts and he gets back to business. We've already shown how we intend to deal with this kind of situation.

I definitely read that Cabaye travelled and then went back home pre-City game. Not that I've the slightest idea whether I read it from a reliable journo, a nasty tabloid, or even worse, an Alan Pardew quote.

I definitely read that Cabaye travelled and then went back home pre-City game. Not that I've the slightest idea whether I read it from a reliable journo, a nasty tabloid, or even worse, an Alan Pardew quote.

I heard the same - think it was probably Radio Newcastle but not sure.

The club wants to cash-in. He's not even been hotly pursued but at the first sign of real interest he's with the reserves. I can somewhat understand City but to miss Wham after we've rejecting a bid shows we are not serious about keeping him.

Or he's refusing to play and we don't want to actually say he's refusing to play because it makes our position look weaker?  Who knows what's happening, just throwing a possible alternative out there.  I don't doubt we'll be happy to sell him for top money either, don't believe we'll sell him otherwise though and I think our past dealings back that up.

I don't believe he's refusing to play.

I've good word he did, not entirely sure what happened, but he was happy to carry on playing but him and Pards exchanged words in the City dressing room which turned into a heated row, which ended up with Cabaye insisting to be taken off the team sheet. Since then they have both talked about the situation and both have agreed for the time being it's best not to play till issue is resolved but Cabaye won't push for a move to Arsenal as ideally wants to go back to France. That’s not say he won’t sign if they stumped up the cash but can’t see him submitting any transfer requests as he would still happily play here if the deal never happened.

Source?

Thought not.

Mentioned it before, my brother's girlfriend is an Argie and close family friend to them. She was telling me on Sunday about the Cabaye thing, then said on the way up to Glasgow to see Eminem, Colo was ‘bitching’ about Pardew not getting a grip on things going on at the club. It's her 21st dinner party this coming weekend, so hopefully i'll have the balls to ask some questions myself, if i bottle it, you'll have to make do with a couple of pictures unfortunately.

Fair enough.

Every car i've ever bought, the haggling over the price has taken no longer than 5 minutes. How come a footballer can take weeks to sell?

Not really. You know before you enquire what you think the thing is worth, and what you're prepared to pay, which is exactly the same as the situation Arsenal are in.

The car doesn't have to make a decision on if it would prefer you to drive it or someone else.

And also, the option of the car dealer keeping the car until its contract runs out and anyone can pick it up is not a common one.

Ah knackers, so maybe i was simplifying it a bit.

I don't get how he can't play.

Last night demonstrated it perfectly for me. A guy who has been linked or embroiled in transfer speculation, for a lot longer than Cabaye, and at a more media prominent level just went out and did his job.

Maybe to put himself even more in the shop window, maybe to show how "valuable" he is to his current side...for whatever reason. The lad just went out and played, he went to work.

Cant see why this petulant cunt cant do the same. Or why we wont let him if that's the case either.

Comes across as very disappointing to put it mildly.

Sorry if already posted;

To be honest i think that had very little to do with Pardew,

Colo had 4 realistic options.

Hand in a transfer request: No point in him doing this as San Lorenzo couldn't afford him even if they wanted to.

Do nothing: see above

Retire from football totally, which means we hold his registration so he can't play for them.

Buy out the remainder of his contract: Again this would have cost him millions of pounds to do so.

Sorry if already posted;

Hand in a transfer request: No point in him doing this as San Lorenzo couldn't afford him even if they wanted to.

Retire from football totally, which means we hold his registration so he can't play for them.

Buy out the remainder of his contract: Again this would have cost him millions of pounds to do so.

Right, and Cabaye has the same options.

Where Pardew deserves praise is bringing Colo back into the fold. It could have dragged on and on like Tevez at City, but it didn't.

Sorry if already posted;

Where Pardew deserves praise is bringing Colo back into the fold. It could have dragged on and on like Tevez at City, but it didn't.

Pardew had no choice, besides Colo didn't go on strike or anything stupid like that.

Players are assets on a balance sheet no more.

Sorry if already posted;

Pardew had no choice, besides Colo didn't go on strike or anything stupid like that.

Players are assets on a balance sheet no more.

Which is my point.

I've just been mulling this over while making me tea, and i'm right you're all wrong. :lol:

The contract running out, i'll concede that because it's a factor. But not with Cabaye as he's three years left to run.

we're talking about agreeing a price, the players wishes don't come into it (yet) because the buying club hasn't even been in contact with him. Two blokes haggling over an item for sale, in theory should take no more than a few minutes.

Actually, i've never gone into a garage looking to unsettle a car. Knowing that if i give it a week it would sulk and drive the price down a bit.

Ok, so it wasn't a great analogy. But it's probably the closest you'll get to a real world scenario.

Cajun chicken for tea by the way, was flippin marvelous. :)

Actually, i've never gone into a garage looking to unsettle a car. Knowing that if i give it a week it would sulk and drive the price down a bit.

Ok, so it wasn't a great analogy. But it's probably the closest you'll get to a real world scenario.

Cajun chicken for tea by the way, was flippin marvelous. :)

Cheers mate but I really don't care what you had  :undecided: