Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Actually, i've never gone into a garage looking to unsettle a car. Knowing that if i give it a week it would sulk and drive the price down a bit.

Ok, so it wasn't a great analogy. But it's probably the closest you'll get to a real world scenario.

Cajun chicken for tea by the way, was flippin marvelous. :)

Cheers mate but I really don't care what you had  :undecided:

I see what you did there.  :snod:

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-fights-his-corner-with-the-press-not-to-be-missed

Any Yohan Cabaye update, has he been fined or has he trained?

No update I’ve got to give you, no.

So no further offers?

No.

People will look at Wayne Rooney working his socks off for Manchester United and then do a comparison with Yohan and it looks a little stark?

That’s your opinion, we have our own opinions but we’ll keep them to ourselves for the moment.

What is your ideal end to this saga?

He stays or he goes.

Does it vindicate the club’s policy of long-term contracts for key players because you are in a strong position?

We are…and the bottom line is if a world class player moves on, then it has to be world class money.

Whose decision was it to keep him out of the West Ham game?

You can ask but you ain’t getting an answer.

How much more difficult does it make your job when one of your best players…?

(Anticipates and answers before finishing question) The position we are in has been forced upon us in a way, but the timing of it hasn’t helped with the Manchester City game. It is an ongoing situation and like a lot of players this transfer window there are a lot of problems while it is open. Where we are right now, I don’t want to really say any more. He won’t play tomorrow night (Morecambe) for sure, then we will see what happens on Saturday.

I can understand why you don’t want to talk about it but it is the one thing all of the fans are talking about?

Absolutely and I have got no problem in addressing them but the answer isn’t as simple as a yes or no. The answer is he is either going to be sold and we are going to have to replace him in this window, or he is going to stay. Both situations, I as manager have to protect him and protect this football club, more importantly.

The fans are saying that this is not a way for a professional to behave?

Listen, the opinions that our fans have, I respect and that is their opinions – but I don’t want to comment any further. I think I have answered enough questions on him now and I think we should move on.

Guest bimpy474

For all the stick Pardew gets, he's playing this fairly well as it appears at the moment. Not condemning Cabaye if he doesn't leave, so Cabaye can be brought back into the squad.

Going by the limited info we've heard anyway.

Guest bimpy474

For all the stick Pardew gets, he's playing this fairly well as it appears at the moment. Not condemning Cabaye if he doesn't leave, so Cabaye can be brought back into the squad.

Going by the limited info we've heard anyway.

Pardew's a very good PR man. Journalists like him.

I haven't seen much PR in this to be fair, just imo. He handling it best he can, well unless we find something out in the meantime that sheds a different light on things.

Guest bimpy474

He's acting coy now, but he's been inviting this situation for months.

That's a fair comment like, he had been whoring Cabaye around every chance he got.

So now he's acting smug and not giving any comment, when before it was all about how fortunate we were he had a bad season last time out, otherwise clubs would have been wanting to sign him. What's the excuse for Cabaye last year now?

Cabaye won't be fined. He's probably been asked if he's happy to go along with the leaked story regarding him going on strike. He'll toe the party-line as long as he gets his move.

Pardew/Kinnear/Ashley, the whole set-up stinks and I don't trust anything any of them say. The closer to the end of the window this little saga goes on until, the better for them.

I don't even like Cabaye much given his non-performances last season but wouldn't be surprised if he was being painted the villain before he leaves as per every player that has left under the regime because they are king.

Not too mention a probably dilliberate Kebab reference.

As with every transfer involving us its a race to see who is the biggest bellend

I don't even like Cabaye much given his non-performances last season but wouldn't be surprised if he was being painted the villain before he leaves as per every player that has left under the regime because they are king.

As with every transfer involving us its a race to see who is the biggest bellend

Agree with this. With Pardew touting him all summer and us naming our price it would seem we're protecting an asset as we're desperate to cash in on.

Completely given up on footballers caring about this club, if Cabaye has refused to play but then stays and does well for us, f*** it :yao:

I gave up on footballers caring a while ago tbh. If he stays and does well for us all well and good, but that doesn't alter the fact that he was rank for us last season when we needed him to step up. A class player (which he is supposed to be) will alway show that class whatever the circumstances.

Guest Roger Kint

Meanwhile, Fellaini and Baines continue to play for Everton despite 2 bids from Manchester United being rejected.

Meanwhile you continue to ignore that Cabaye has wanted out all summer unlike those two. Unless you think Pardew and just about every French journo around are all lying its a totally different situation altogether.