Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

David Gold has spoken recently of the need to increase revenue to allow for more money to be spent on wages. This is due to Financial Fair Play. You can only spend a certain percentage of your clubs turnover on wages. Perhaps this has something to do with our one in, one out policy at the moment. Although, you'd imagine our revenue would be good enough to allow for further movement.

If Cabaye stays, I hope he gets his head down and plays well. This whole thing isn't finished though, not unless the club go against the grain and show some ambition.

He's talking shite, you can spend any percentage of your income on wages as far as Europe are concerned.  We could make an approximate £32 million loss over the next 3 years and still be OK.  The Premiership are looking at capping wages over £52million

Seeing as we have absolutely no ambition to play in Europe then I can't see abiding with FFP regulations. We've not got any ambition other than to spend the minimum possible in order to stay up. Abiding with FFP is simply a by-product of this chronic, small time, regime.

The cunts.

David Gold has spoken recently of the need to increase revenue to allow for more money to be spent on wages. This is due to Financial Fair Play. You can only spend a certain percentage of your clubs turnover on wages. Perhaps this has something to do with our one in, one out policy at the moment. Although, you'd imagine our revenue would be good enough to allow for further movement.

If Cabaye stays, I hope he gets his head down and plays well. This whole thing isn't finished though, not unless the club go against the grain and show some ambition.

right someone explain those rules to Spurs and Sunderland as they would have massively increased their wage bill

Tottenham had a lower wage to revenue ratio than us as of 2012, 63% of Spurs revenue spent on wages vs 69% for us.  Since then ours will certainly have increased, I don't know enough about all of Tottenham's incomings and outcomings to say if there's has for sure but it probably has as well.  Still the fact is we do spend quite a high amount of our turnover on wages, our wage bill was 8th highest in the league by 2012 (only 13th though if you go on percentage of turnover spent on wages).  Really our problem is revenue, they just aren't expanding it.  Of course by 2014 our turnover will increase very significantly from the increased TV money, but Ashley ect should also be increasing our revenue in other ways, which they haven't done at all.

I think Gold is talking about the Premier League's own financial fair play rules by the way, not the UEFA ones.

right someone explain those rules to Spurs and Sunderland as they would have massively increased their wage bill

Tottenham had a lower wage to revenue ratio than us as of 2012, 63% of Spurs revenue spent on wages vs 69% for us.  Since then ours will certainly have increased, I don't know enough about all of Tottenham's incomings and outcomings to say if there's has for sure but it probably has as well.  Still the fact is we do spend quite a high amount of our turnover on wages, our wage bill was 8th highest in the league by 2012 (only 13th though if you go on percentage of turnover spent on wages).  Really our problem is revenue, they just aren't expanding it.  Of course by 2014 our turnover will increase very significantly from the increased TV money, but Ashley ect should also be increasing our revenue in other ways, which they haven't done at all.

I think Gold is talking about the Premier League's own financial fair play rules by the way, not the UEFA ones.

Yeah he was. Might be worth looking to find it, it was for a West Ham fansite. Interesting interview.

Guest reefatoon

do people blame him for wanting a move?! zero investment in the team, i certainly dont.

No, but the way he has gone about it is pathetic.

do people blame him for wanting a move?! zero investment in the team, i certainly dont.

I don't blame him not would I blame any/all of our players for wanting out of this circus act, it's the manner in which he's gone about it. It must be frustrating and I'd want to stick it to the man as well in his predicament but he needs to understand its not the buffoons at the top he's hurting with his antics, they quite clearly don't give a shit, it's the supporters and his team mates.

I don't blame him not would I blame any/all of our players for wanting out of this circus act, it's the manner in which he's gone about it. It must be frustrating and I'd want to stick it to the man as well in his predicament but he needs to understand its not the buffoons at the top he's hurting with his antics, they quite clearly don't give a s***, it's the supporters and his team mates.

Exactly... If he wants to move just put a transfer request in...