Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We should keep him in january but worried he'll leave. Ashley will sell for £20m there abouts no matter what.

Whether he goes or not we need to sign a replacement in january, so they can come into the squad seamlessly next september presumably Cabaye leaves then. Tall order, we need a midfielder with vision and grit. I am also well aware we won't sign the replacement this Jan but the kind of future planning that brought us Mapou is needed.

Chances of him being gone in January? Showing more than ever he's our most important player and his performances for France in their play off games against Ukraine won't have gone unnoticed. Possible suitors willing to make a move in the hope his performances maintain or even improve leading up to the World Cup? Mind you I'm still struggling to see where he would fit in at any of the so called bigger clubs.

could see him fitting perfectly into liverpools current set up if they decide to push the boat out in a title push. beyond that PSG, I know the names they have in the middle but haven't watched any freench football this season so don't know what they've been like.

also his position behind the front man gives another dimension to his game.

Man Utd would kill for a player like him in midfield.

He'd be immense for them and the press would claim they'd unearthed a gem or something  :lol:

Really hope he goes abroad, don't want to see him playing for another premiership team. We won't get champions league, I reckon he'll stay for season and leave for a good bid. I'd feel aggrieved if he buggered off midseason. I've forgiven him for the strike but I am not really sentimental about him anymore, he wants champions league and more money and he wanted to use us a platform to get them. He's proven he can do it in a tougher league and he is producing brilliantly and battling for us so I have no problem with his attitude.

I just want some succession planning from the club soon.

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen his record since joining us is 14 goals in 74 games. Nearly 1 in 5. That's a pretty good return for a midfielder.

More surprised he has more goals than assists. Then i remembered the whole corner shambles

How much do you think he would go for? I think 20-25mil, the question is could we improve team as a whole by selling if man u came knocking. That would be the only good thing if we got 25 and spent it we could bring in 3 players to strengthen up front, wing and midfield

I prefer to talk about it if and when it comes. Especially when we might not invest the money into players.

Would rather keep him here and extend his contract. He's been invaluable in his performances and also as a tapping-up machine.

I prefer to talk about it if and when it comes. Especially when we might not invest the money into players.

Would rather keep him here and extend his contract. He's been invaluable in his performances and also as a tapping-up machine.

Absolutely, just thinking of some positives if he goes. Hopefully we invest in 2 players in Jan and keep him.

We would be stupid to sell him before the world cup. If he carries on playing the way he is now for the rest of this season and then goes on to perform well for France on the grandest stage then we could get far more for him. Plus if he had a bad world cup then we could just keep him.

Arsenal were only willing to offer like £10-12m for him in the summer which would be absolutely crazy considering his value to us. Not to mention the absolute crap that seems to get valued at like £20-30m these days.