Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Wasn't it said the other day that Cabaye didn't want to return to France, especially when they'll sign Pogba and reduce Cabaye to a squad role? Not that I believe it either. Footballers showing foresight and sensible thinking is an absurd idea.

Thought it didn't matter what we sold our players for?

It doesn't. I just see this as a sign he'll almost certainly be off by the end of this month.

Not unless they offer daft money. We rejected a bid from Arsenal in the summer and he stayed. Unless PSG offer what we value him, he'll go nowhere.

They can afford daft money though. This shows that they want him, and I have no doubt he'll be desperate to go there.

FWIW I think anything approaching £20m will get him.

Think it depends on how much we reckon we can get Cabella for.

Can't see how they're linked. It's been shown many times in the past that having money in our pocket means absolutely nothing.

Carroll...when else? Even then, what came 8 months later (Ba, Cabaye, etc) was good.

Been loads of players we've bid for and missed out on because we wouldn't meet the asking price. Can't see why Cabella would be any different, even if we got £30m for Cabaye.

As far as we as supporters are concerned. Let them continue to bid ridiculously too low, that not even Fat Mike will take the deal, that way we keep our best player, lets face we know that money, whatever we get won't be reinvested, so let his contract run all the way down, far better for us, by which stage he'll be 30 and we may be ready to be replaced anyway.

Presumably Cabaye has a good relationship with Blanc after being handed his debut for France etc. World class teammates, silly wages, Champions League football.

As if he wouldn't want to go.

Guest bimpy474

Thought it didn't matter what we sold our players for?

It doesn't. I just see this as a sign he'll almost certainly be off by the end of this month.

Not unless they offer daft money. We rejected a bid from Arsenal in the summer and he stayed. Unless PSG offer what we value him, he'll go nowhere.

They can afford daft money though. This shows that they want him, and I have no doubt he'll be desperate to go there.

FWIW I think anything approaching £20m will get him.

Think it depends on how much we reckon we can get Cabella for.

Can't see how they're linked. It's been shown many times in the past that having money in our pocket means absolutely nothing.

Carroll...when else? Even then, what came 8 months later (Ba, Cabaye, etc) was good.

Been loads of players we've bid for and missed out on because we wouldn't meet the asking price. Can't see why Cabella would be any different, even if we got £30m for Cabaye.

My point earlier, unless clubs sell to us for our valuation of their players, we will buy not one player.

The price we get for Cabaye is irelevent because of our policy.

We will never sell him and replace him any time soon like  :lol: We will bimble along to 8th position, and spend no more than 5/6m overall in the summer, rinse and repeat. It is all well and good investing in the future, but not giving two shits about the present is just awful.

Guest bimpy474

I see it now, no Cabaye Tuesday and a 2-0 loss. Late clincher for Norwich after a lacklustre performance from us.

Pardew excuse: The squad was deflated from the sale of Cabaye.....:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I love how '8th position' is set in stone lately :lol:

Mainly because the 6 above us and Man Utd with their spending are/will be better than us, we'll spend fuck all so we can stand still and or end up like Portsmouth :lol:

And there isn't a chance in hell we'll finish higher than 8th if Cabaye goes. 9th imo if we buy no one.

Guest bimpy474

His wife will be begging him to go to Paris as well btw.

He's actually better than van der Wiel & Jallet's getting no younger, so maybe.

:lol:

Mainly because the 6 above us and Man Utd with their spending are/will be better than us, we'll spend f*** all so we can stand still and or end up like Portsmouth :lol:

And there isn't a chance in hell we'll finish higher than 8th if Cabaye goes. 9th imo if we buy no one.

Even without Cabaye, we could see more of HBA so I still think we could aim higher than we are. Cabaye here would make it easier mind.

Mainly because the 6 above us and Man Utd with their spending are/will be better than us, we'll spend f*** all so we can stand still and or end up like Portsmouth :lol:

Even without Cabaye, we could see more of HBA so I still think we could aim higher than we are. Cabaye here would make it easier mind.

:yao:

How many years did Mata have left on his contract?...

Think it was 2.5 years. He's also two years younger than Cabaye and done/proved more. Not comparable really.

That was my point... That and the fact his weekly wage is 3 times approx than Cabaye's is why clubs won't be paying silly fees talked about on here and the press of the £35m mark as his current contract isn't that high to buy out...

No matter what he goes for its Ashley's money so it makes no difference to our team. Cabaye will by now have his turned just like in the summer, so I can't see him playing for us anytime soon.

Leave it to Ashley to take an optimistic season and turn it into another complacent finish.......................I hate this bloke with as passion.