Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't understand this clause, it's not a buy out clause so what is it? A tap up clause?

Sounds to me like his agent fucked up the wording on a buy out clause and Swansea are now trying their luck.

"Once he's spoken with the club hierarchy he'll have a clearer idea of the direction he wants to go.

"He will then have to talk to the buying club, but there are a lot of permutations.

"Alan Pardew (Newcastle boss) might say he's going to be third-choice left-back, in which case I'd tell him not to go because he could be first choice for Swansea in the same league.

"Newcastle might want to send him out on loan or his wife might not want to move — there are lots of things to consider.

"Swansea helped him develop and no-one is more aware of that than Neil."

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Taylor-s-Newcastle-deal-claims-star-s-agent/story-12766405-detail/story.html

"Once he's spoken with the club hierarchy he'll have a clearer idea of the direction he wants to go.

"He will then have to talk to the buying club, but there are a lot of permutations.

"Alan Pardew (Newcastle boss) might say he's going to be third-choice left-back, in which case I'd tell him not to go because he could be first choice for Swansea in the same league.

"Newcastle might want to send him out on loan or his wife might not want to move — there are lots of things to consider.

"Swansea helped him develop and no-one is more aware of that than Neil."

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Taylor-s-Newcastle-deal-claims-star-s-agent/story-12766405-detail/story.html

Clutching.

The Chronicle understands that Swansea left-back Neil Taylor was on Tyneside yesterday and only formalities need to be completed before he signs a five-year contract.

Signed as back-up for either Jose Enrique or another senior left-back United are lining up, the 22-year-old Wales international has been signed by Newcastle after a release clause in his contract was triggered.

Good signing, hopefully be the new Simpson, a decent player who's willing to be a back up.

Simpson has stagnated simply down to lack of competition, hopefully this summer will see us bring in someone to shake him out of it and move up another level. As it stands I can see people's concerns with Simpson, however I have faith in him improving beyond the player he is now as long as competition is brought in. Would prefer Clyne, though i'd be happy-ish with Spector at RB.

Good signing, hopefully be the new Simpson, a decent player who's willing to be a back up.

Why Simpson? Hopefully he'll turn out to be a fantastic player.

Aye. The last thing i'd want is a Simpson replica on the other side of the central pairing.

Why Simpson? Hopefully he'll turn out to be a fantastic player.

Nar.

"Fantastic player" though? Really?

Perfectly happy with him as backup and he's proven capable enough as first choice, but potential to be fantastic is basically non-existent.

"Fantastic player" though? Really?

Perfectly happy with him as backup and he's proven capable enough as first choice, but potential to be fantastic is basically non-existent.

Wasn't necesarily being realistic. But why hope for someone to be like Simpson? When hoping - It's usually for something good/great.

I will, as you, be perfectly happy with him as a backup who's proven capable enough as first choice.