Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't say I know much about Neil Taylor, but if he's brought in purely for backup, then by all means :thup:

(I'll probably change my view if it turns out he's just like Perch......)

Guest Recoba

I find it difficult to believe that we will sign young Neil plus another more established left back.

If Jose goes I reckon its N Taylor v Ferguson for the left back spot.

@nicknufc

Nicholas McGee

@MsiDouglas what about this Taylor lad? Is that close to being done?

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

@nicknufc Wasn't on NUFC duty today but seems absolutely certain

This lad and Cabaye wouldn't be a bad start to the transfer window.

@nicknufc

Nicholas McGee

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

Two players by the middle of June would be tremendous. Has that happened before?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't want him as a direct replacement but as a young lad with potential, good deal.

He any good then? Can't say I remember him from the playoff final if indeed he played and I see he's played for Wales but that means nowt as they're so s*** they made England look good.

He was suspended for the playoff final. Still has a 1 match ban to serve actually. Yeah he's ok. Had a slow start then got used to the Championship but then he got injured so he was out for a few weeks. Played well then the rest of the season until he got sent off at Forest.

Who would you liken him to? Is he better at going forward or defending?

Not sure who I'd liken him too but he is quick. Later on in the season he got further forward more and linked with Sinclair well. If he came to you would he be likely to play?

Depends if Enrique's on his bike or not.

He'd be stupid to go to you if he wasn't going to play. He's got more of a chance of playing here. Money will no doubt be a factor though.

Bassong came here as a nobody and a season or two down the line was playing CL football for Spurs after we sold him for £8m. If Enrique leaves he'll get his opportunity.

Everyone's favourite bullshit merchant.

@cwarr07

Colin

Neil Taylor has agreed a 5 year contract with #nufc Fee of 1m a bargain, yet again shrewd work in the transfer market by the club

3 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Really annoying how people post it as "we know this is bullshit, but here it is anyway just in case this is the ONE TIME it's not total bullshit".

Spoiler alert: it's always bullshit with him.  Just don't post it.

@nicknufc

Nicholas McGee

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

Two players by the middle of June would be tremendous. Has that happened before?

2007, i'd guess.

Happy with this type of signing to fill out the squad. Get in Clyne to compete with Simpson and our defence is pretty much complete (Enrique is staying and Kadar will step up!).

Then we can invest more in our attack.

Well easy this football malarkey.

from http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2372388,00.html?

Swansea City can confirm that Newcastle United have made an undisclosed offer for left-back Neil Taylor.

"We have received a proposal from Newcastle regarding Neil,'' confirmed Swans chairman Huw Jenkins. "But the proposal has not been accepted or rejected at this stage.

"We have received a number of enquiries from different clubs for Neil's services and, like all bids we receive for any of our players, we will be talking it over with him when he returns from a break next week.

"Neil is a player we brought to the club this season from the Conference with Wrexham with a view to him progressing and developing with us over a number of years.

"The last thing on our mind was to sell anyone over the summer.''