Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

The reason they havnt rejected it is down to the player. If he says he wants to go they will have no choice other than to accept it

Guest BooBoo

Not really a signing to wet the appetite. I just hope we've done more research into this lad than we did with Perch.

Guest SCJack

To me, that reads that Taylor has not accepted or rejected the bid, and it's up to them now to try and convince him to stay.

He's on holiday at the moment so the club aren't maaking a decision until he comes back.

I don't get why Swansea agreed to a £1m buy-out clause in his contract. These things are very much in the interests of the player, where they're anticipating interest from a bigger club and they want to be assured that the club can't hold them to their contract by demanding a large fee. Taylor came from the non-league and you'd have thought that it was Swansea who held the stronger hand in negotiations.

I've not heard of a buy-out fee that is that small. From the club's point of view, it doesn't make sense to me.

Guest toonlass

I thought our lot were on holiday. Somebody seems to still be working if this bid went in?

Doesn't matter if the playing staff are on holiday. The background staff will still be there working on deals and stuff. Am sure if a deal comes through for a player their agent would be able to contact them.

I thought our lot were on holiday. Somebody seems to still be working if this bid went in?

Doesn't matter if the playing staff are on holiday. The background staff will still be there working on deals and stuff. Am sure if a deal comes through for a player their agent would be able to contact them.

I think he was talking about Pards and Llambias?

Guest SCJack

I don't get why Swansea agreed to a £1m buy-out clause in his contract. These things are very much in the interests of the player, where they're anticipating interest from a bigger club and they want to be assured that the club can't hold them to their contract by demanding a large fee. Taylor came from the non-league and you'd have thought that it was Swansea who held the stronger hand in negotiations.

I've not heard of a buy-out fee that is that small. From the club's point of view, it doesn't make sense to me.

Not sure whether there is a release clause but seems weird if there is. We signed him from the conference so it wasn't as if many clubs would have wanted to sign him!! Personally I think he'll leave us and sign for you. £1 million is pretty good business I think though. Signed him from non-league and not sure whether he'll make the step up so can't go too far wrong. 10% of the fee has to go to Wrexham though.

Might of been mentioned but does anyone reckon he looks like Jose here....

http://images.football365.com/11/02/240/taylor_2564600.jpg

1st page. Clearly Jose is leaving and we are signing a lookalike to make it appear like nothing actually happened.

Racist!

:lol:

As long as he's not Jose's replacement, the other Taylor (Ryan) leaves, then it'll be a decent bit of business.

Racist!

:lol:

As long as he's not Jose's replacement, the other Taylor (Ryan) leaves, then it'll be a decent bit of business.

Has to happen Taylor's are like the Sith...it's the rule of two. Is this lad any good like? Wasn't there a swan on here earlier at some point to shed some light?

He looks so much like Jose it's ridiculous :lol:

Maybe it's to benefit people with short-sighted vision so that there's the illusion that Jose hasn't actually left :pow:

He looks so much like Jose it's ridiculous :lol:

Maybe it's to benefit people with short-sighted vision so that there's the illusion that Jose hasn't actually left :pow:

When the Murcielago replica starts it will sound more like a fart than a beast though :(