Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest MrSundlofer

Well, we need a backup at left back. He's 22 years old, 3 caps for Wales, started 18 league games for Swansea, can play left back and left midfield. A good backup if our regular left back is injured or suspended. Can't complain.

Guest schmuck

Could this also hint that common sense has prevailed and Ferguson is no longer viewed as a left back?

My 7 a-side team has 4 Dans, it's a nightmare TBH. I wouldn't want that to happen to us.

I can imagine calling for the ball is a bit of a nightmare.

http://th114.photobucket.com/albums/n273/benny1230/th_partridge.gif

My 7 a-side team has 4 Dans, it's a nightmare TBH. I wouldn't want that to happen to us.

I can imagine calling for the ball is a bit of a nightmare.

http://th114.photobucket.com/albums/n273/benny1230/th_partridge.gif

:lol: my 5-a-side team includes 3 Marios. The opposition we play every week has 4 Chris'. As you can imagine, nicknames had to be made up such as Noogs, Boot, Sock, and Chris

From the Northern Echo:

United manager Alan Pardew has been alerted to a loophole in the promising 22- year-old’s contract which will allow him to leave the Liberty Stadium for only £1m.

The defender, capped three times by Wales, has been targeted by Pardew as a direct replacement for Jose Enrique, who is expected to leave. Several clubs are interested in the Spanish defender, with Liverpool and AC Milan leading the chase.

:undecided:

That's the guy that got sent off in the 1st minute of the playoff innit? :lol:

Don't let that cloud the view of the lad.

He's got loads of potential and more than held his own towards the back end of the Championship season.

I'd worry that throwing him straight into a Premier League season might be a step too far (could be worng mind!) but he is potentially a very sound full back in a couple of years

No chance he's direct replacement, pretty stupid of the echo to suggest it, we will clearly be I for another LB if Enrique goes.

wish I could say I was 100% sure that would be the case.

From the Northern Echo:

United manager Alan Pardew has been alerted to a loophole in the promising 22- year-old’s contract which will allow him to leave the Liberty Stadium for only £1m.

The defender, capped three times by Wales, has been targeted by Pardew as a direct replacement for Jose Enrique, who is expected to leave. Several clubs are interested in the Spanish defender, with Liverpool and AC Milan leading the chase.

:undecided:

I would take that with a bucket of salt.

Normally i would cringe at the thought of taking a championship left back to replace one of the best in the premiership but our scouting of recent has improved, as has our ability to pick up a bargain.

Hopefully we've had a real look at this lad. Don't know if i've ever seen him play.

Guest SCJack

I'd be gutted if this was true. He's only just played his first full season in the championship (as he was previously at Wrexham in the conference). Not sure how you found out about an apparent clause. Hope he doesn't go because then we'll be looking for a left back ourselves!!