Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I thought it was generally accepted that this guy physically couldn't last the rigours of a full season and had to be used sparingly.

Sure his average was about 30 games a season and this was brought right down by a long term injury, that's not too bad.

Guest icemanblue

I thought it was generally accepted that this guy physically couldn't last the rigours of a full season and had to be used sparingly.

Aye. But then we spent £35m on some new legs for him.

2 bad games and 1 decent cameo. Wow.

2 bad cameos tbh. 105 minutes in total.

Needs to be given a chance, tbf the majority were a lot more positive after his last outing. Just hope people go with the mindset of 'well we can't sign anyone else so go on Ba son' rather than 'you're our only hope, fucking play a blinder every day you cunt!'.

He has proven through his entire career that he is a born goalscorer and scored a lot of goals in a much worse side than us last season. Get behind him (including Pardew) and I am very, very confident he will be a success for us.

:nods: He can't be out there with Shola, though. That's never going to work.

Ba

Arfa

There are goals in the team, but it's going to be interesting if we can find them.

Guest Rainforest

Needs to be given a chance, tbf the majority were a lot more positive after his last outing. Just hope people go with the mindset of 'well we can't sign anyone else so go on Ba son' rather than 'you're our only hope, f***ing play a blinder every day you c***!'.

He has proven through his entire career that he is a born goalscorer and scored a lot of goals in a much worse side than us last season. Get behind him (including Pardew) and I am very, very confident he will be a success for us.

Its like watching two mules on either side of a plow pulling in opposite directions

Needs to be given a chance, tbf the majority were a lot more positive after his last outing. Just hope people go with the mindset of 'well we can't sign anyone else so go on Ba son' rather than 'you're our only hope, f***ing play a blinder every day you c***!'.

Its like watching two mules on either side of a plow pulling in opposite directions

:lol: It's some shit.

If we don't have forwards, we need to put another midfielder out there with Ba/Best.

Guest WashyGeordie

Massive pressure on Ba now. A bit unfair really as Pardew himself doesn't seem to rate him.

How? It's been 3 games ffs. :lol:

Tbf I have also been a bit concerned how quick Pardew has been to sub/drop the lad. He is by a million miles the most natural goalscorer in the squad, just hope there are other reasons why he has been the first one off/left out.

Tbf I have also been a bit concerned how quick Pardew has been to sub/drop the lad. He is by a million miles the most natural goalscorer in the squad, just hope there are other reasons why he has been the first one off/left out.

L A C K  O F  S E R V I C E.

I wouldn't read too much into it. There was an interview with Pardew at the weekend were he mentioned "other reasons" (sic) as to why Ba hadn't started so well here, as well as the Ramadamadingdong thing. He specifically said he didn't want to go into detail about it, though.

I wouldn't read too much into it. There was an interview with Pardew at the weekend were he mentioned "other reasons" (sic) as to why Ba hadn't started so well here, as well as the Ramadamadingdong thing. He specifically said he didn't want to go into detail about it, though.

:lol:

I really don't think anyone is clutching at straws by highlighting this as a reason. He wasn't eating properly, and nor was Cheick. Funnily enough, they're two great players who haven't been playing well during this particular time. I've got faith in both of them, once they've got a couple Yorkshire puds down their gizzards. The whole thing was a fucking joke, Allah or no Allah.

Missed that, reassuring :thup:

L A C K  O F  F I T N E S S.

fyp

Missed that, reassuring :thup:

RACISM.