Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest thenorthumbrian

I thought his first was better than his second.

Beating the offside trap with ease, killing the ball coming over his shoulder dead and then casually finishing with the same foot, just oozed class.  Both quality goals mind.

Ruthless finisher.  Certainly going to miss him when he goes away to the ACN.

We knew he would be going to play for his country at the ACN when we signed him, the worry is we don't have anyone of that quality - or anywhere near - when he goes.

I was very surprised that United have only scored 3 goals apart from BA.

With the weakness we have in defence this is a worry.

Beating the offside trap with ease, killing the ball coming over his shoulder dead and then casually finishing with the same foot, just oozed class.  Both quality goals mind.

We knew he would be going to play for his country at the ACN when we signed him, the worry is we don't have anyone of that quality - or anywhere near - when he goes.

I'm sorry, what?  We've scored 21 goals this season, Ba has 11 of those  ??? unless I misunderstand what you're saying, your maths are wrong  :lol:

Guest thenorthumbrian

I'm sorry, what?  We've scored 21 goals this season, Ba has 11 of those  ??? unless I misunderstand what you're saying, your maths are wrong  :lol:

Correct the maths are wrong, meant to say in the last 6 games.

But the point is still valid, we are too dependent on Ba's goals/

He's an excellent, excellent football player. Could easily get in the first team of a few of the sides above us.

Being a big strong, African lad makes people underestimate his ability imo.

Honestly, when we're down 3-0 or 4-2 like that I would like to see him subbed. Don't want to risk him at all.

Even without Tayls, if you can keep the rest of the spine of our side relatively injury free (Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Ba) I reckon 7th will be ours.

Will try and get some cliff notes up. One thing though: he seems like a bright lad. He speaks confidently not all in clichés. Been impressed by his English too every time he's been interviewed after games.

Loving England, the Prem.

Great atmosphere in dressing room. French is spoken a lot, they get some stick for it from the English but it’s all in good spirits.

Liberating for players like him, Cabaye or Marveaux. They weren’t too well known so they could just go out there and do their thing.

Yes a lot of French players, but first and foremost the club has chosen good characters.

Such an attack minded league he feels comfortable in it so much so you forget to defend sometimes. Feels it’s easier for a striker than it was in Germany.

Talks about there being more freedom for players in England. Players aren’t asked to be there too early in advance. Him and Cabaye like this change as they can spend their mornings with their families.

Europa League: very possible. Champions League: Too complicated. Staying up was the objective last season. This year club wants to finish top half.

Player he admired:

- Thierry Henry.

Opponent impressed by:

- Didier Drogba.

Best player played with:

- Carlos Eduardo.

Currently best:

- Cabaye very clever and HBA will often do stuff against you that will make you feel lost.

HBA played well against ‘Manchester’, came off at HT v Chelsea then never played at Norwich. Is there a problem?

– No problem. It was complicated for him to come on, we were down to 10 men. Pardew prefered to use wing players who would be going back and forth, up and down the pitch.

Is he still there that Jonas? :lol:

– Yes.

Guest Heneage

Stoke boss Tony Pulis believes Demba Ba is a ticking timebomb after West Ham agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal for the Senegal striker.

Ba’s £7.1million move to Stoke collapsed when he failed a medical because of a knee injury, and Pulis said he could not have continued in good faith.

‘If he’d been close to being OK we would’ve signed him,’ said Pulis, who has seen Ba, 25, score three goals in four games.

‘But the medical reports we had showed there was a massive risk. Luckily for him and West Ham, nothing’s happened.

'However, we could’ve lost him after a training session and the money Hoffenheim wanted was unreasonable.’

Worrying.

http://img.skysports.com/11/10/660x350/Stoke-v-Newcastle-Demba-Ba-celeb_2672758.jpg

he made Shola look good man and that's takes some doing!

he is garbage, can't run, no first touch, weak as piss.

Youtube his WHAM Goals, how many of them were lucky deflections or off his shins etc.

Demba Ba makes me look like Lionel Messi.

he is absolutely fucking Gash.

I'm risking another ban herre but fuck off man, blaming ramadan is nonsense. He is atrocious, absolutely atrocious.

He's fucking garbage man.... no first touch, no ability when the ball is under control as he looks like he is going to fall over his own feet everytime he takes a bastard step..... long live Shola is this pile of shit is our saviour! fuck me  :facepalm:

Guest Heneage

Said before the start of the season he looked a great deal. If he could get goals in that West Ham side he was always likely to do well here.

he made Shola look good man and that's takes some doing!

he is garbage, can't run, no first touch, weak as piss.

Youtube his WHAM Goals, how many of them were lucky deflections or off his shins etc.

I'm risking another ban herre but fuck off man, blaming ramadan is nonsense. He is atrocious, absolutely atrocious.

He's fucking garbage man.... no first touch, no ability when the ball is under control as he looks like he is going to fall over his own feet everytime he takes a bastard step..... long live Shola is this pile of shit is our saviour! fuck me  :facepalm:

What a pair of fucking mongs :lol:

All ridiculous reactionary posts deserve to be dug up. They are pathetic to the extreme and most of them came after about 100 minutes of football.

I know I laugh at RAWK sometimes but they lock their player threads when that kind of shite happens and make sure all player discussion is constructive. Should definitely be something similar on here, atleast for players who haven't yet played even a handful of bloody games for the club.

I think it's a bit pathetic dragging old posts up tbh.

People make rash opinions. Opinions change. So what.

Those posts are an absolute joke. Calling a player worse than shite after 100 minutes of football is utterly pathetic and deserves highlighting.

There's probably plenty more too. Amazing.

Haha Demba Demba..son of Ally Pardew..this happens when you pick the penny off the floor and use it to buy your dinner..doesn't taste nice does it Alan haha? Alan is lucky man..Hatem returns soon..the prince of St James Park will arrive on the money..but it won't be a penny...more billion lol.

As said in the other thread, It's posts like that which annoy me and I get into 'debates' but the get out clause of 'well he was at the time' after a game and a half worth of football is trotted out.

It's annoying for two reasons, first the fact that some seem desperate for things to go wrong so they can complain about it (a lot more frequent under this ownership), the second is we as a group of fans look like a bunch of mongs. This must be the busiest Newcastle forum of the lot so It's embarrassing thinking other fans will look for for Newcastle reactions and views then see nonsense like that and assume It's the general view.