Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I do think Cisse here will help the cause, not only because they are mates but also he is likely to push us on for a European spot (and further progression next season).

Getting ahead of myself but if Cisse performs as expected, along with the rest of the squad and Ba we really have the potential now to match the clubs that players would have previously seen as better placed?

Spurs best striker by a distance is on loan and they will never afford his wages, if Cisse does perform as well as he did in Germany we will have two strikers that are as good if not better than most in the league :dontknow:

I do think that Cisse may not make an instant impact, though don't rate him that highly Dzeko took a while to acclimatize from the Bundesliga and I think with Cabaye we've been very lucky with players quickly getting up to speed. I hope he doesn't start slow and everyone immediately write him off.

Hopefully by the end of the season we'll have progressed so well that the thought of going to the likes of Liverpool would just seem stupid to him, not that it might do already. Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd will be a different story, but if we're 5th or 6th then theres no reason why we can't aim for 4th next season with a few good buys (and keeping our players).

Hopefully they can have a talk and , renegotiate, as I like to.think that Ba wouldnt want us to get screwed over. Sign an extention, if he insists, give him a clause limited to CL clubs or something, for a reasonable amount

I get the feeling Ba knows exactly what he's doing and will make up his own mind as to whether he stays or goes in summer, and so wonder if he will want to renegotiate the contract, as it essentially gives him the power over where he goes, but also think he's genuine enough to want to repay the faith we showed him. He'll always have an eye on PSG though as his boyhood club, wouldn't be shocked to lose him there :(

Guest VaVaVoom

The fact his mate has signed for us will be of massive importance in my opinion.

No doubt just like the Tiote situation, a new deal will be in the pipeline.

Give him a new contract that says he can leave for £15m then. But only to PSG. :lol:

Me, i see a PSG move for him near the end of his career as surely he knows he would just massacre the french league and not be up against the best knowing that the standard of the PL is greater than french league.

But this has to go a long way - def could see a new deal put in front of him soon that I think (hope) he signs.

Guest johnson293

If the release clause is that he can only move in the summer for a specific amount (rather than relegation or owt else), then hopefully the signing of Cisse (and any others) can only help, and the pair of them will have a decent end to the season, and Ba will be excited to at least continue that into next season and see what happens.

Even if a CL team came in, he could decide to give us another season to see if we can become challengers?

But, hopefully we can get him to agree an improved deal without that/any clause.

Guest Geordiesned

Y.W.L.T @IsSebbiThere

@dembabafoot Can you give me some tips on being a striker or left wing midfield?

Demba Ba @dembabafoot

@IsSebbiThere Score some goals man

:lol:

I do think Cisse here will help the cause, not only because they are mates ...

Does anyone actually know if they're mates or even get on? Or are we just assuming it cos they're from the same country?

Doesn't look like they've even played together much for the NT.

Guest Chubby Jason

I do think Cisse here will help the cause, not only because they are mates ...

Does anyone actually know if they're mates or even get on? Or are we just assuming it cos they're from the same country?

Doesn't look like they've even played together much for the NT.

Cisse said he was mates with Ba when he was linked with Sunderland I think.

Y.W.L.T @IsSebbiThere

@dembabafoot Can you give me some tips on being a striker or left wing midfield?

Demba Ba @dembabafoot

That's fucking all he thinks about ffs :lol: Scoring goals and drinking syrup, absolute legend.

Y.W.L.T @IsSebbiThere

Demba Ba @dembabafoot

That's fucking all he thinks about ffs :lol: Scoring goals and drinking syrup, absolute legend.

Part-timer tbh, Cissé thinks about goals when sleeping.

Y.W.L.T @IsSebbiThere

Demba Ba @dembabafoot

That's f***ing all he thinks about ffs :lol: Scoring goals and drinking syrup, absolute legend.

Part-timer tbh, Cissé thinks about goals when sleeping.

:sweetjesus:

If the release clause is that he can only move in the summer for a specific amount (rather than relegation or owt else), then hopefully the signing of Cisse (and any others) can only help, and the pair of them will have a decent end to the season, and Ba will be excited to at least continue that into next season and see what happens.

Even if a CL team came in, he could decide to give us another season to see if we can become challengers?

But, hopefully we can get him to agree an improved deal without that/any clause.

We've got 5 months or so to sort out a new contract for Ba. But I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the season before any decision is made really (a "wait and see where the team/club are" based decision as you've implied).