Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Ba backs Cisse to excel

Newcastle striker Demba Ba says that newly-signed Magpies marksman Papiss Demba Cisse is going to be a hit for the club.

Cisse joined the Tynesiders from German side SC Freiburg, where he netted 39 goals in 65 matches.

Ba and Cisse could be in action for the Toon in the Premier League match against Blackburn on Wednesday evening.

This after Senegal crashed out of the African Cup of Nations by losing all three of their first-round matches; to Zambia, Equatorial Guinea and Libya.

Ba is now ready to shift his focus back to club duty, were he is confident his Senegal strike partner will make a positive contribution.

"He is a proper goal scorer. It's a good signing for Newcastle - he's going to help us achieve something we want to achieve," Ba said.

"The rest of my season is about Newcastle - so we [he and Cisse] are going to do everything for them and forget about what has happened here."

Cisse will wear the number nine shirt for Alan Pardew's team.

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14341_7465663,00.html

SkySportsNews @SkySportsNevvs  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

We understand that Demba Ba will join Liverpool with Andy Carroll going the opposite way in a season long loan deal. #lfc #NUFC

Getting beyond a joke :lol:

We understand that Demba Ba will join Liverpool with Andy Carroll going the opposite way in a season long loan deal. #lfc #NUFC

Getting beyond a joke :lol:

Its a fake my bad... in my blind panic

Banhammer :lol: