Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Roger Kint

Why do SSN bother? He has a game in 48 hours, highly unlikely he will get out of the squad before 31st now. With his medical record how do they expect anything to happen at all let alone with a team looking towards Tevez atm?

Thats before the stories of his release clause not being valid this window  :idiot2:

Hate when they go to that cunt on the Skypad or whatever its called. Pause ............Hello......... .Like we've been waiting on tenterhooks all afternoon for him. Absolute cunt!

Why do SSN bother? He has a game in 48 hours, highly unlikely he will get out of the squad before 31st now. With his medical record how do they expect anything to happen at all let alone with a team looking towards Tevez atm?

Thats before the stories of his release clause not being valid this window  :idiot2:

Players finish transfer during the Cup of Nations very frequently. It is not rare and the tournament is often a shop window.

Is that an EA Sports' representation of Demba Ba? Looks synthetic. :lol:

:lol: His hands are deformed.

Guest Roger Kint

Players finish transfer during the Cup of Nations very frequently. It is not rare and the tournament is often a shop window.

Not too many which require very extensive medicals that Ba's insurance would need i imagine. Unless Bupa have a centre in Gabon does he even have time to leave the squad and get back for his next game? Sure the manager would love that too....

Newcastle striker Ba living the dream

Published on Friday 20 January 2012 15:02

NEWCASTLE United striker Demba Ba is living his dream as he rubs shoulders with the Premier League’s top goalscorers.

The 26-year-old headed off on African Cup of Nations duty with Senegal having plundered 15 goals in his first five months with the Magpies, and his 13 in the league leave him behind only Arsenal’s Robin van Persie at the top of the charts.

For Ba, whose road to the top has been long and arduous, that is a source of immense satisfaction.

He said: “I’m aware of the journey I have made.

“I have now got the chance to express myself, to do what I have always wanted to do in my life, and I make the most of it every day.

“I’m not really surprised. I know I am capable of playing well, as I have managed to do in the first half of the season.

“It’s more than a surprise – it’s a feeling of pride to be so high in the scoring charts alongside quality forwards like Wayne Rooney, Sergio Aguero and Robin van Persie.”

That situation may have changed when Ba and new Newcastle team-mate Papiss Demba Cisse return from Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, although the Newcastle frontman intends to resume domestic duties having made a major impact on the African stage.

He, Cisse, Mamadou Niang and Moussa Sow will vie for places in Senegal’s frontline, although he insists the men who get the nod will receive the full-backing of those who miss out.

Ba said: “Everyone wants a starting role, but honestly, if that chance falls to another player, we will be happy for him and give him our full support.

“We have been preparing for this competition for two years. We are a group of friends and most of us have known each other for a very long time.

“The good mood in our team will help us go far.

“Personally, I just want to carry on in this vein and win titles. That, after all, is the ultimate goal when you play football.”

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/newcastle_striker_ba_living_the_dream_1_4165956

The best since Shearer, undoubtedly. Hope Senegal are dogshite in the African Cup of Nations.

Have a look at their group. :lol:

:shifty:

Funny old game! Wasn't really expecting him back until Wolves to tell the truth, but almost a full month sooner? With a pal in tow?

:yao:

The best since Shearer, undoubtedly. Hope Senegal are dogshite in the African Cup of Nations.

Funny old game! Wasn't really expecting him back until Wolves to tell the truth, but almost a full month sooner? With a pal in tow?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/253/everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

Too many times this season now, surely? What could possibly be lurking around the corner?

:scared:

Well we've had some low points as well, HBA injury at the start of the season, Santon from the moment he stepped off the plane, Taylor & Colo breaking at the same time, lengthy Tiote injury and SDA name change, so not everything has been great this season.

6 days to go as well (which is presumably what you were getting at)  :sad:

Nah, wasn't getting at that to be honest. Was really just being tongue-in-cheek more than anything. There's no reason why we should undo our good fortune/work now (you hear that Derek? Mike?) and the only real problem I could forsee in a "worst case scenario" would be more severe injuries to some of our key men, of which Demba is probably the most key at the current time.

A derby loss would be rancid, but aside from that I don't see any reason for anything other than cautious optimism given the turn of events in Africa. I was dreading "plodding through" with what we had until Wolves, because for all our possession in the first-half against Fulham I thought we looked utterly toothless and inept up-front. These two coming back into that system, for Best and Shola, or into a 4-4-2 with the same personnel is jizz-worthy.

Fair play. :lol:

Nah, wasn't getting at that to be honest. Was really just being tongue-in-cheek more than anything. There's no reason why we should undo our good fortune/work now (you hear that Derek? Mike?) and the only real problem I could forsee in a "worst case scenario" would be more severe injuries to some of our key men, of which Demba is probably the most key at the current time.

A derby loss would be rancid, but aside from that I don't see any reason for anything other than cautious optimism given the turn of events in Africa. I was dreading "plodding through" with what we had until Wolves, because for all our possession in the first-half against Fulham I thought we looked utterly toothless and inept up-front. These two coming back into that system, for Best and Shola, or into a 4-4-2 with the same personnel is jizz-worthy.

If we pull in another player of quality and don't sell anyone, it will have been a massive leap forward for us as a club this window. If a daft offer comes in, £15m for Colo, £25m for Cabaye or £35m for Tiote, then we will sell and rightly so, but i think it's the boards plan not to sell anyone and build on what we've got, that's what the signs point to so far.

I think start of the season we were lucky with injuries, but for the last couple of months we've had our fair share so hopefully no more major ones and if that is the case we could easily have one of our best points haul for, fuk knows, 6 years plus?

Keep the squad together, don't get beat off the mackems, sign someone else - and this has been a brilliant season whatever else happens.

Fair play. :lol:

It's the Grand National of football, may be a couple of favourites but essentially it's anyones to win.

If we pull in another player of quality and don't sell anyone, it will have been a massive leap forward for us as a club this window. If a daft offer comes in, £15m for Colo, £25m for Cabaye or £35m for Tiote, then we will sell and rightly so, but i think it's the boards plan not to sell anyone and build on what we've got, that's what the signs point to so far.

I think start of the season we were lucky with injuries, but for the last couple of months we've had our fair share so hopefully no more major ones and if that is the case we could easily have one of our best points haul for, fuk knows, 6 years plus?

Keep the squad together, don't get beat off the mackems, sign someone else - and this has been a brilliant season whatever else happens.

Aye, potentially exciting times if we hold onto all out best players. I think we will TBH.

Stick Cisse, Ba and Tiote into the team that played Fulham and we're looking at a side of serious, serious quality.