Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Brilliant player and a massive part of why we're doing so well. One of the best signings I can ever remember, tbh.

I still find it baffling how good he is.  :lol:

In terms of value for money I can't think of a better signing, need to throw money at him to keep the Demba Boys together for next season.

We could send 10 Alan Smiths and him out and I'd be sure he'd probably score.

Such a natural goalscorer and a great player to boot also. Our best signing since the Robert/Bellamy double back under Bobby, I've no doubt about it.

We could send 10 Alan Smiths and him out and I'd be sure he'd probably score.

Such a natural goalscorer and a great player to boot also. Our best signing since the Robert/Bellamy double back under Bobby, I've no doubt about it.

And that's no mean feat considering he'd be the only one on the pitch after 10 sending offs.

Another goal and although he looked off the pace for large periods he still had a good game. We'll struggle to keep a hold of him and I do wonder wether Cisse was bought so that we won't be left hanging when Demba Ba eventually gets sold. That's for the next transfer window though. I'm just glad we have him back.

I would say buying Cisse means we're much much less likely to sell Ba.

I hope you are right and see why you'd think that. One thing I can say, we should be thankfull he's a Muslim because from my experience your true Muslims are very humble people who value community ahead of riches. Ba seems a humble guy. Me, if I were a 15 goal striker I'd be thinking I'm pretty f***ing good, Ba will thank Allah for his goals not his own skills etc. Every goal he scores he's thanking God. He may have found his true place here. That said, we need to pay him what he's worth, and that coudl mean a huge pay rise.

He did go on strike to force a move from Hoffenheim, but I don't know the ins and outs of the story TBF.

Looked off the pace, but love Demba I and he won me £90.  What a man  O0