Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Can't be doing with every 5 months we got to talk about his clause, not good for the team or club, if he's not willing to sign a new contract without release clause then it's for the best for all parties that he fucks off.

I don't know why people hold this against Demba. We could have given him an improved contract if we wanted to but clearly other clubs can pay a lot more than us. At least we'll get something back from it and we've had one and a half magic seasons from him. Good luck to him I say.

Probably because we were absolutely gutted when Carroll and Enrique left to Liverpool. A mild form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder perhaps.

Can't be doing with every 5 months we got to talk about his clause, not good for the team or club, if he's not willing to sign a new contract without release clause then it's for the best for all parties that he fucks off.

I don't know why people hold this against Demba. We could have given him an improved contract if we wanted to but clearly other clubs can pay a lot more than us. At least we'll get something back from it and we've had one and a half magic seasons from him. Good luck to him I say.

It's been very, very annoying reading about this shite for over 12 months though, hope we avoid these clauses going forward.

Agree with the idea that it's no good for squad morale either.

If this happens it will be the first time this season I will consider relegation a not too outlandish proposition. Don't trust Ashley to free up funds needed to adequately replace him at all, and we would be a mere Cisse injury away from being virtually impotent up front, that's if Papiss refinds his goalscoring form in the first place.

If he's gone before the Everton game he leaves us having scored 29 goals in 54 games (50 starts) in all competitions.

That's not bad at all for a free transfer that many didn't think could lead the line for us in the first place. It's a shame how things have gone since last January for him here, but he's still done the business for us.

Very rarely out injured despite his "suspect knee" as well and appears to have been a well-liked and respected individual in the squad.

Cheers Demba :clap:

well said Rich

Can't be doing with every 5 months we got to talk about his clause, not good for the team or club, if he's not willing to sign a new contract without release clause then it's for the best for all parties that he f***s off.

I'm not holding it against him, it's not like he can stop us or the media from talking about his clause, like I said its best for all parties, that includes us that he leaves under the current circumstances.

I can't wait to see Cisse back in the centre to be honest, he deserves to play there.

It's been very, very annoying reading about this shite for over 12 months though, hope we avoid these clauses going forward.

Yeah but again, that was hardly Ba's fault. We put the clause in to safeguard our interests. If we hadn't put that clause in I doubt we'd have done the deal so just got to take what we can from this one I think.

Yeah but again, that was hardly Ba's fault. We put the clause in to safeguard our interests. If we hadn't put that clause in I doubt we'd have done the deal so just got to take what we can from this one I think.

The clause doesn't protect us whatsoever FFS. :lol:

Cisse is the better player and one of Ba or Cisse had to go.

Why are people so appalled? I would be far more annoyed had Ba signed a new contract and Cisse shipped out.

I'm not really sure if Cisse is a better player though. The fact is Ba outscored anyone in our team by a country mile. Yes it's not a fair statistic on Cisse because he was playing outwide but numbers are numbers.

Considering last season and all I'd say in terms of finishing ability Cisse and Ba are quite similar. Cisse has better link up with the team but Ba is much more intimidating due to his physical prowess. It's hard to say who the better player is really.

I know we all want to believe Cisse is the better player since he's the one that's staying and because Ba is the seemingly more sefish one, but I'd say they are around the same though they offer something different.

Well it would if his knee had exploded. That was the point wasn't it?

What concerns me slightly about Cisse is that last season he scored a lot of stunners and missed a lot of far more straightforward chances. Right now at least, we're losing the better finisher IMO.

How does a minimum fee release clause protect us against a career-ending injury?

Not saying it would but it'd be hard to keep Cisse happy playing on the right wing. Never mind that he is ineffective there and can't play as part of a front two. Eventually one had to go imo

Has it occured to you that Cisse played on the right wing because our first choice right wing player has been out injured?

Guest neesy111

What concerns me slightly about Cisse is that last season he scored a lot of stunners and missed a lot of far more straightforward chances. Right now at least, we're losing the better finisher IMO.

:thup:

I think he's good in the air so if we play the 433 and get some good balls into him he'll start scoring again.

If his knee had exploded no other club out there would fork out 7 million + agents fees for Ba so it doesn't really protect us. The clause is really in there so that Ba can leave when a bigger club came calling.

The better all-round player is going, don't think there's any doubt about that at all.

However, I've personally got no doubt that if it's down to Cisse to take the central role on his shoulders and be the "main man" again he'll come up trumps for us. He's a special player in his own right.

Cisse is the better player and one of Ba or Cisse had to go.

Why are people so appalled? I would be far more annoyed had Ba signed a new contract and Cisse shipped out.

I'm not really sure if Cisse is a better player though. The fact is Ba outscored anyone in our team by a country mile. Yes it's not a fair statistic on Cisse because he was playing outwide but numbers are numbers.

Considering last season and all I'd say in terms of finishing ability Cisse and Ba are quite similar. Cisse has better link up with the team but Ba is much more intimidating due to his physical prowess. It's hard to say who the better player is really.

I know we all want to believe Cisse is the better player since he's the one that's staying and because Ba is the seemingly more sefish one, but I'd say they are around the same though they offer something different.

Well from watching the two play i'd feel Cisse is the better player - all things considered.