Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

As this looks to have been done early there's no excuse for them to not bring in some form of a replacement, whether that be a striker or a wide forward. Obviously I hope it is a wide forward.

If we can't get Remy we should be able to get Zaha in.

Not a bad shout but Zaha might be more expensive.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have a feeling we'll come out better from this, IF we get Remy to replace him.

Has to happen

It would be suicide not to

Oh wait

As this looks to have been done early there's no excuse for them to not bring in some form of a replacement, whether that be a striker or a wide forward. Obviously I hope it is a wide forward.

If we can't get Remy we should be able to get Zaha in.

That's a decent shout, wonder how much he would cost

Far too much.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm fine with it, either him or Cissè had to go. As long as a replacement is singned by the end of the window, of course.

Who's going to replace him v Everton? Anita?

Won't happen that fast

Bet it will.

Aye, will probably be Williamson in for Ba:

Krul

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Santon

Bigi  Tiote  Perch

Marv  Cisse  Obertan

Remy in would be good but it would also leave us with only one recognised striker down the middle, and one in terrible form at that. We need to replace Ba's presence in the side AND get another forward. We needed a Remy type forward even with Ba and Cisse at the club so one in and one out wouldn't be good enough for us imo. In fact it would be gambling with our premiership status once again.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm a bit worried Remy isn't the fix all people claim he is, out of form, injury prone and not proven in the league. It's a gamble, I'm not against us buying him but it's not a definite winner

Ala Ba 2nd half of last season!

Financially it will probably be a good move for him but not sure how much game time he will actually get.  Surely, he is only going to be a squad player as when fit, Torres will almost certainly start.  In the Summer, they will be working on getting Falcao in.

Won't happen that fast

Bet it will.

Krul

Bigi  Tiote  Perch

Marv  Cisse  Obertan

Looks decent tbf.

Remy in would be good but it would also leave us with only one recognised striker down the middle, and one in terrible form at that. We need to replace Ba's presence in the side AND get another forward. We needed a Remy type forward even with Ba and Cisse at the club so one in and one out wouldn't be good enough for us imo. In fact it would be gambling with our premiership status once again.

Can't Remy play down the middle as well?

Can't Remy play down the middle as well?

He is a striker, so you'd think so.

Won't happen that fast

Bet it will.

Krul

Bigi  Tiote  Perch

Marv  Cisse  Obertan

Looks decent tbf.

It does. 6 PL goals in that side though :lol:

surprised its chelsea...but not surprised he is leaving.

funny feeling that im not so sad to see him leave. He is such a good player....great goalscorer.

happy to have cisse on top again. if this means we will buy a LW/Striker like remy and stick to our current formation im happy.

I shouldn´t jinx it but if ba leaves then we will buy a good striker....No doubt :undecided: