Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I admire the positivity of people reckoning the team will be better off without Ba but f*** me the other players need to buck their ideas up fast if we're to replace his goals. We're shipping goals like f*** and now our top scorer is off. That's not normally a good combination.

:thup:

Though others have seemed to be stepping up in recent weeks compared to a few months ago.

I have confidence in Cisse, his career form is good enough.

I admire the positivity of people reckoning the team will be better off without Ba but f*** me the other players need to buck their ideas up fast if we're to replace his goals. We're shipping goals like f*** and now our top scorer is off. That's not normally a good combination.

Andy Carroll much :)

I'd we get someone like remi in i'd feel pretty confident cisse will produce the goods.

The backlash will be hilarious when this doesn't happen and Ba is smashing them in for a team in the title race.

:thup:

Though others have seemed to be stepping up in recent weeks compared to a few months ago.

I don't find it a coincidence that the improvement in style have a led to an improvement in performances in said players.

I'm pretty confident that Cisse can replace his goals i just hope we can get someone like Remy to add some pace and width.

Replacing Sturridge with Ba and being up 5 million in the process. Well done Chelsea.. :clap:

:lol: Erm yeah.  They've probably wasted more money on paying off managers than our whole squad cost but let's just look at those 2 deals in isolation.

its a rare bright move by chelsea lets give them a little credit

Not surprised. Just hope we replace him.

do you want a direct replacement ?

i'd be quite happy to increase the numbers but not necessarily a direct replacement. we aren't suited to a front 2 and we'll hopefully see cisse back to what he was when ba was playing wider.

Replacing Sturridge with Ba and being up 5 million in the process. Well done Chelsea.. :clap:

Yeah and 40 million down on Torrrreeees!! Oh he's missed it! :lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/20/article-2147073-132F21BE000005DC-233_468x360.jpg

And like money mattered to the now profit turning Chelsea.

:lol: I wonder if he's going to score a goal when we play them in Feb.

If he wants to go that's about it. He has scored a lot of goals for us. Sure we can criticise the board for a £7m clause but at the end of the day as a free transfer he was in a position of strength with negotiations.

If Debuchy does come in we would be looking at the strongest XI we have had for a considerable amount of time. May not have happened as quickly as everyone would have liked but we will have some very good players on our books. A centre-back and a forward and I will be happy enough.

Team has been playing better football for the past few games. Real tragedy for me is the fact we have only started to play anywhere near our ability half way through the season. 

Players who want to leave are no good in the long run. End of story.

Guest sicko2ndbest

One thing is for sure, we'll never progress as long as our best players are allowed to leave. I just hope Ba going means we don't have to sell anyone else.

Everyone else is on our terms