Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm glad the club stuck to their guns

3 year deal on 80k a week is a 12 million outlay on someone who is uninsurable!

Oh for arguments sake Remy... 10m transfer fee plus 30K a week over 5 years... you do the maths.

As for uninsurable... how the f*** do you know that?

Forgot to say we may actually get someone committed to the cause

As for the uninsurable part, why would we get him on an incentivised contract based on appearances if there wasn't something amiss

Committed to the cause? The man has giving nothing but his all every time he has played for us. He's as committed to us as anyone. If only the club were as committed to him we wouldn't even be having this debate because I strongly believe he'd rather stay here than leave. He's not daft though, he knows he's worth far more than what he's currently on. The club are daft though because they obviously don't and this is why we are on the verge of losing our top goalscorer and key player. God knows what it will cost to replace him, no doubt a lot more than it would cost to keep him

Oh, and there is no way there isn't some kind of insurance policy for Ba in place, regardless of his so-called dodgy knee. He did, after all, pass a medical....

Ok let's look at it like this...

This is a man who kicked up a fuss last season because Cisse was getting all of the plaudits. If he'd have stayed on the left (which would have been best for the TEAM) he would never have got a move to Chelsea based on his goal return at the end of last season from that position. As an individual player he is undoubtably talented but as a team player and human being he is all that's wrong with modern football. f*** him, f*** his agents and I hope he fails miserably

What fuss? He has never publicly complained. Our stupid rent a gob manager is the one that told the whole world Ba was unhappy not playing centrally and even if he was unhappy, who can blame him, he scores goals there.

I'll tell you what is wrong with modern football... people like Mike Ashley and numpties like you who f***ing hang out of his arse.

All I know is my club is losing its top goalscorer, its number one striker, the best centre-forward I've seen here since Shearer, at January, while we are only 2 f***ing points off bottom.

And all because we don't think he's worth circa 80K a week. If he isn't, who the f*** is? Is Del Boy gonna score the goals to keep us up? How about Pardew? Or the man himself Mike Ashley?

Demba Ba is worth what it is believed he wants, circa 80K a week. Anyway, his gain and whoever gets him, wor loss.

This best centre forward since Shearer thing is horseshit. Who else is there to compare him to, Carroll, Best, Ameobi, A crocked Owen?

He's the best centre forward in his own head.

Cisse is a much better goalscorer, and has a better reord than Ba.

Can't be arsed to continue the debate with you and your Sheperdite, archaic views.

Thanks for the service now do one (Ba not you :))

Ba has never scored 20 a season in his career :lol:

He'd scored 16 by February last year then got pushed out onto the wing (where we've learned from Cisse you can't possibly score from :iamatwat: ). He'd have had 4 more in 4 months in his favourite position.

He's got 13 by January this season and would definitely have had/will have 7 more in the next 5 and a half months.

And the selling club stuff is true as they've barely paid a transfer fee without it being paid for by someone else.

But that isn't what "selling club" means.

Selling players to pay for our incoming transfers? I fully expect the "We're vulnerable to bids for Tiote" stuff to start the second Ba is out the door btw.

Selling club means your primary aim is to sell players, regardless of whether you intend to bring players in or not.

Surely, it means selling players to balance the books. Whether or not this is what we are doing will become clearer when the next accounts are published.

To balance the books or make a profit irrespective of incoming transfers yes.  Otherwise the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal would be considered selling clubs.  Balancing your incoming transfers with outgoings does not make you a selling club IMO.

Players who will be liberated by the end of the system built around Ba : Krul - Colo - Cabaye - Ben Arfa and of course Cissé.

Wat?

instead of playing to ba's strengths we can play to the teams strengths which will benefit colo, cabaye, ben arfa, cisse. not sure about the krul bit mind.

Can't wait till this is debunked.

Not that I agree with the whole Cisse was suffered, playing for selfish Ba stuff but I really hope whatever we do works out for the team.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is sliding into the mouth of madness.

The facts are Ba has been hawked around pretty much from the day he arrived.

He practically lost his head and Africa threatened war on Newcastle via twitter when he sensed Cisse was had taken the spotlight.

Ba played left forward at Hoffenheim and at West Ham...But not scoring means not in shop window hence the following farrago.

If comitted to the cause means not playing in a position that benefits a team I'd like to see him when he really plays up (as he did at Hoffenheim).

His comments to the French media (which I broadly support in content) isn't the way a player should go about his business.

He might be a goalscorer but it's got to the point that he is being put above what is essentially in the interest of the club in the long term.

I wish him good luck and am happy the Ba circus, agents and all is moving on.

I'd say that's exactly what he's been doing.

As good as I think Ba is, I still think we are his level in terms of starting matches.

He's better than the starting forwards at Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs imo.

Depends on who you're on about. I'd rather have Torres and Walcott any day of the week.

Players who will be liberated by the end of the system built around Ba : Krul - Colo - Cabaye - Ben Arfa and of course Cissé.

Wat?

instead of playing to ba's strengths we can play to the teams strengths which will benefit colo, cabaye, ben arfa, cisse. not sure about the krul bit mind.

why ?

Because I'm sick of reading about how Ba is the/a cause of our horrible season.

For it to be debunked, we'd have to have a worse 2nd half of the season than we've just had. Which will mean we're relegated.

So you'd rather you were right than us stay up?

:lol: Boom

As good as I think Ba is, I still think we are his level in terms of starting matches.

Depends on who you're on about. I'd rather have Torres and Walcott any day of the week.

Fair enough, I really wouldn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh for arguments sake Remy... 10m transfer fee plus 30K a week over 5 years... you do the maths.

As for the uninsurable part, why would we get him on an incentivised contract based on appearances if there wasn't something amiss

Committed to the cause? The man has giving nothing but his all every time he has played for us. He's as committed to us as anyone. If only the club were as committed to him we wouldn't even be having this debate because I strongly believe he'd rather stay here than leave. He's not daft though, he knows he's worth far more than what he's currently on. The club are daft though because they obviously don't and this is why we are on the verge of losing our top goalscorer and key player. God knows what it will cost to replace him, no doubt a lot more than it would cost to keep him

Oh, and there is no way there isn't some kind of insurance policy for Ba in place, regardless of his so-called dodgy knee. He did, after all, pass a medical....

This is a man who kicked up a fuss last season because Cisse was getting all of the plaudits. If he'd have stayed on the left (which would have been best for the TEAM) he would never have got a move to Chelsea based on his goal return at the end of last season from that position. As an individual player he is undoubtably talented but as a team player and human being he is all that's wrong with modern football. f*** him, f*** his agents and I hope he fails miserably

What fuss? He has never publicly complained. Our stupid rent a gob manager is the one that told the whole world Ba was unhappy not playing centrally and even if he was unhappy, who can blame him, he scores goals there.

I'll tell you what is wrong with modern football... people like Mike Ashley and numpties like you who f***ing hang out of his arse.

All I know is my club is losing its top goalscorer, its number one striker, the best centre-forward I've seen here since Shearer, at January, while we are only 2 f***ing points off bottom.

And all because we don't think he's worth circa 80K a week. If he isn't, who the f*** is? Is Del Boy gonna score the goals to keep us up? How about Pardew? Or the man himself Mike Ashley?

Demba Ba is worth what it is believed he wants, circa 80K a week. Anyway, his gain and whoever gets him, wor loss.

This best centre forward since Shearer thing is horseshit. Who else is there to compare him to, Carroll, Best, Ameobi, A crocked Owen?

He's the best centre forward in his own head.

Cisse is a much better goalscorer, and has a better reord than Ba.

Can't be arsed to continue the debate with you and your Sheperdite, archaic views.

Thanks for the service now do one (Ba not you :))

He is still the best centre-forward we've had since Shearer either way. The paucity of good strikers since should highlight just how critical Ba is or should be.Such top players are not easy to come by.

Whether he is the best centre-forward in his head or not he is the best centre-forward at our club and one of the best in the league.

Cisse may be a better goalscorer but there is only one man doing the business for us in front of goal and that's Ba. And don't say that's because Cisse has played wide all season, he has mainly been deployed up front. Its not Ba's fault Cisse can't play alongside him or another centre-forward. Ba has shown he can, hence his goals.

You can't be arsed because you don't have any answers and as for your FS comments, pathetic. Because I believe Ba is worh 80K a week, means I'm an advocate of reckless spending and silly wages?

Wat?

Not sure what Ba's strengths are in this context that are keeping all those players back? Sticking the ball in the net? If anything he has proven to be much more versatile than other strikers we have recently seen, not less.

to me it means playing him centrally to the detriment of the team as a whole.

Playing a brilliant striker centrally, who has done better than 1 in 2 in the Premiership over a period spanning two years? One who can do the job as part of a front two, but can equally lead the line on his own? A striker who is good in the air, decent at holding the ball up and getting other people involved in play, a great finisher and a real winner on the pitch? Aye, I can see how playing such a player in his preferred position has gone to the detriment of the team as a whole.

The fact is if Cisse wasn't completely incapable of playing as part of a front two or being able to adapt to another position temporarily to help out the team if required people wouldn't come out with such frankly mindblowing stuff about Ba. That's a reflection on Cisse's ability and adaptability first and foremost, not Ba's.

Wat?

why ?

For it to be debunked, we'd have to have a worse 2nd half of the season than we've just had. Which will mean we're relegated.

I'd rather our dear manager found/used a formation that benefited our best players instead of hoping our top scorer leaves. Might just be me though.

Wat?

why ?

I'd rather our dear manager found/used a formation that benefited our best players instead of hoping our top scorer leaves. Might just be me though.

Yeah, but you just said you are looking forward to it being debunked. Which suggests you are looking forward to it not working, us getting relegated and you being proven right.

Depends on who you're on about. I'd rather have (the old) Torres and (the new) Walcott any day of the week.

There you go.

Wat?

Not that I agree with the whole Cisse was suffered, playing for selfish Ba stuff but I really hope whatever we do works out for the team.

Same here, but I've so little faith in the manager that taking our only goalscorer out the team will only cause us to struggle even more. He was keeping us afloat and there's massive pressure on Cisse to do similar now.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Cisse and he's a quality player but he is so limited its unreal. He's basically a hard working Owen type who plays on the last shoulder, and needs regular service. Ask anything else of him and he struggles. Ba is the complete centre-forward in terms of being able to do numerous jobs and roles.

Depends on who you're on about. I'd rather have (the old) Torres and (the new) Walcott any day of the week.

There you go.

Yeah (well still don't agree with Walcott) but the Torres at his best for Liverpool obviously but that was a long time ago now. He still has a decent touch but that's it. He has scored half as many goals in more games and in a much more creative side than Ba.

I'll tell you what is wrong with modern football... people like Mike Ashley and numpties like you who fucking hang out of his arse.

All I know is my club is losing its top goalscorer, its number one striker, the best centre-forward I've seen here since Shearer, at January, while we are only 2 fucking points off bottom.

And all because we don't think he's worth circa 80K a week. If he isn't, who the fuck is? Is Del Boy gonna score the goals to keep us up? How about Pardew? Or the man himself Mike Ashley?

Eh? ???

It's crazy that people seem to be OK with us potentially losing our top scorer.

This. I really can't see how we can afford to lose Ba, knowing that a replacement is very unlikely.

http://i1.wp.com/awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/srsly-you-guys1.gif?resize=400%2C300

Playing a brilliant striker centrally, who has done better than 1 in 2 in the Premiership over a period spanning two years? One who can do the job as part of a front two, but can equally lead the line on his own? A striker who is good in the air, decent at holding the ball up and getting other people involved in play, a great finisher and a real winner on the pitch? Aye, I can see how playing such a player in his preferred position has gone to the detriment of the team as a whole.

The fact is if Cisse wasn't completely incapable of playing as part of a front two or being able to adapt to another position temporarily to help out the team if required people wouldn't come out with such frankly mindblowing stuff about Ba. That's a reflection on Cisse's ability and adaptability first and foremost, not Ba's.

Neither of them are capable well Ba is capable but he refuses to do so.....

Only one of them should be in the line up in this day and age and considering Ba has a release clause and is asking for well beyond double what Cisse earns and Ba cost nothing and Cisse cost 10m it was quite obvious who Ashley would prefer to be moved on.

You can't play with 2 pure "9s" these days be successful so get the most possible potential of the team and i emphasis the word " team".

eventually one of them would have to be moved on for someone who could fit into the team fabric because it's quite painfully obvious that Ba and Cisse cannot co-exist.

It's crazy that people seem to be OK with us potentially losing our top scorer.

Everyone's just reconciling it within themselves.  At this point it seems pointless to fight the inevitable so everyone starts looking for the silver lining.