Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Gutted he's leaving like.

Need to make sure we bring in Remy and Pardew has no excuses not to play 4-3-3.

Marveaux's performances in the last few weeks may convince Ashley that we don't need Remy.

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

Lets see, bettering his career, pay rise, London,  a manager that isn't Pardew,  genuine chance of champs league football next season,  huge sign on fee,  bigger club,  better players, a manager that actually won things,  not far from title challenge . List goes on

Can we blame him? No.

Don't forget lesser chance of first team football.

It isn't a done deal yet. Fairly sure Ba will want first team football as a stipulation in his contract and also to be played centrally. Where that leaves Roman's plaything Torres , Lord knows.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anything like that in his contract at Chelsea, they'd tell him to fuck off sharpish.

That is precisely why I don't think this is a given.

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

Lets see, bettering his career, pay rise, London,  a manager that isn't Pardew,  genuine chance of champs league football next season,  huge sign on fee,  bigger club,  better players, a manager that actually won things,  not far from title challenge . List goes on

Can we blame him? No.

It isn't a done deal yet. Fairly sure Ba will want first team football as a stipulation in his contract and also to be played centrally. Where that leaves Roman's plaything Torres , Lord knows.

Yeh I still got a feeling he will stay until the summer, when we can't agree a suitable contract and he will be sold then.

Because I'm not sure what the Chelsea's medical team is going make of his knee condition, and how Ba's agent is going to complicate things.

Could only really see Man City coming in for him if Chelsea don't sign him. Don't see where he would fit in at Man U or Arsenal(Just signed Giroud and Podolski and probably need to strenghten defence) tbh

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho

Debuchy deal will mean the end of Simpson's time at #NUFC with Fulham leading the chase. On Saturday's evidence, maybe that's just as well. It'll be one in, one out up front if Ba leaves, and I also expect #NUFC to sign a centre-half next month. Then that might be that.

Debuchy deal will mean the end of Simpson's time at #NUFC with Fulham leading the chase. On Saturday's evidence, maybe that's just as well. It'll be one in, one out up front if Ba leaves, and I also expect #NUFC to sign a centre-half next month. Then that might be that.

Will be delighted with that but obviously we need more.

I wonder if Chelsea will test his resolve by offering him the legendary "pay as you play" deal he is rumoured to be on here.

Would be gutting to see him go, but not catastrophic if we do business the right way and replace him properly, and in January. For whatever has been said in the papers and on twitter and all that, I can't find fault with his application and effort on the pitch. He's been a top class CF for us and will always be welcome back. As long as he doesn't end up at Liverpool.

Gutted he's leaving like.

Need to make sure we bring in Remy and Pardew has no excuses not to play 4-3-3.

Marveaux's performances in the last few weeks may convince Ashley that we don't need Remy.

I bloody hope not considering unlike Marveaux.... Remy can actually play as a CF

Would be chuffed if that happens

Can we blame him? No.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anything like that in his contract at Chelsea, they'd tell him to fuck off sharpish.

That is precisely why I don't think this is a given.

I don't think he would care as he'll be sitting on a nice fat contract.

Was going to say I could see Simpson going to Fulham. I reckon he would look quite solid their too, defenders often seem to settle there in the same way Liverpool ruin forwards.

Although unspectacular, I've been impressed with how Aaron Hughes has prolonged his top flight career at Fulham. Would love to have him back as a squad player.

Delighted with that tbh, i can't really complain if all that happens.

Was going to say I could see Simpson going to Fulham. I reckon he would look quite solid their too, defenders often seem to settle there in the same way Liverpool ruin forwards.

Swap him for Briggs.

He's terrible.

Little bit better than Tav but a LB. Could make it. (like Tav)

Delighted with that tbh, i can't really complain if all that happens.

Yep :thup:

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with shit but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

Oh, let's just bow down every time that a bigger clubs tries to pinch our players then. :lol:

Why does he have to to leave? You can't bring-up that excuse that you've just mentioned because Ba was linked with moves away for nearly a year now. Are you telling me that 6 months into his NUFC career he suddenly decided that he actually wants to move to bigger things? (Even though we were doing well in the league at the time)

Nope, it's nothing to do with that. There's a clause there and him, and his agents, know that this is a great opportunity to make big money for themselves.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you can't see that money the biggest issue here.

Obviously he will get more money but he is going to a club who will challenge for stuff, you're questioning my judgement because you can't understand why a player would leave to join a club who are likely to win things? ???

No. I'm questioning your judgement because you seem to be naive to the extreme in not believing that money is a major motivating factor for Ba to leave. And when I say "leave", the size of the club he's leaving for is not the issue here. We all know that talks of Ba leaving started surfacing nearly a year ago now and therefore I don't accept that Ba, 6 months into his first NUFC season, suddenly decided that he wanted to better himself. Especially after we know that he was desperate to come here in the first place.

Anyway, I'm wondering why Shay Given is still receiving abuse and insults on here? (Don't agree with it, btw) He left us in similar circumstances to this one and signed for an equally ambitious club.

Aaron Hughes is the definition of average. He might not even be that good.

No arguments there. He's a top professional though who is well loved at this club, and would do a job for the squad.

I remember overhearing some Everton fans saying exactly that about Simpson though...

Will be delighted with that but obviously we need more.

Delighted? We'd be a Cisse knock away from relegation contenders.

Edit: didn't read correctly.