Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Roger Kint

When he was talking about syrup. I think he was talking about Ribena.

Hardly think so. Ribena, is blackcurrant.

Is it not the Grenadine type drinks those Frenchies love? Ovbiously Strawberry flavoured though

I would have expected the club to have denied this talk of a release contract by now if it's not true. While I can understand they don't want to comment on player's contracts publicly they could at least have slapped down Redknapp for talking about our player's deals.

I would have expected the club to have denied this talk of a release contract by now if it's not true. While I can understand they don't want to comment on player's contracts publicly they could at least have slapped down Redknapp for talking about our player's deals.

if clubs think there's a release clause maybe they're more likely to pick the phone up and start the negotiating process?

Bob Moncur slams Redknapp over Demba Ba

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleJan 7 2012Add a comment Recommend

BOB MONCUR has slammed Harry Redknapp for uttering what he feels were "unethical" remarks about Demba Ba's contract status.

The Newcastle United legend also believes Redknapp and co must be “frightened” of the threat of the Magpies in the Premier League after the Spurs boss made several unsettling comments about the 15-goal Senegal star, who has been sensational this season.

United refused to wade into the argument today.

However, Ba is understood to be delighted with the way his career has kicked off at St James’ Park.

Only last month, he revealed to the Chronicle how much he enjoys living on Tyneside.

Tottenham manager Redknapp claimed Ba had a release clause in his contract and that “everybody” was looking at the Toon star following his run of 15 goals in 15 top-flight games.

Yet, while it is believed a clause does exist, there has been no clarification on what fee is involved.

Ba’s current deal runs out in 2014 and the latest developments could lead to the Magpies drawing up a new deal for the African.

Only last year, Cheick Tiote was rewarded with a new contract just a few months after arriving from FC Twente, so a precedent has been set by United.

Newcastle officials, though, are staying cool about the situation.

Toon icon Moncur told the Chronicle in a no-holds-barred interview: “I think the comments are unethical, and if true I am really disappointed in Harry Redknapp.

“I know if the roles were reversed he would be furious. I just do not know why he would make such irresponsible remarks about a player at another club.”

Redknapp’s disclosure left Newcastle fans fuming, with the Londoner blasted on our Chroniclelive comment sections and via social networking sites.

Moncur added: “You just have to ask him what his motives are on this one.

“If he wanted to sign Demba Ba then fine, make the approach in an appropriate manner.

“If he did then surely he would keep any information about any potential clause, again if true, to himself.

“Why would he alert other clubs to such information – unless he is frightened by what Newcastle can do with Ba in the team?

“I am just staggered by it all to be honest.

“It just causes disruption for the player and I am very, very disappointed with what Harry had to say.”

Redknapp’s words come just 12 months after the former West Ham boss spoke of his desire to bring Andy Carroll to White Hart Lane.

The Geordie striker eventually went to Liverpool, but Redknapp mocked Newcastle for insisting he was not for sale – before then selling him to the Merseysiders for £35m.

As for Ba, the Spurs chief said: “They say there is a release clause in his contract, that is what we all hear.

“He has certainly done well and it will be interesting to see what happens there, but at the moment he is doing great things for Newcastle.”

United have had no bids for Ba since the window opened, but Redknapp went on to say: “Demba Ba has done great, hasn’t he, everybody is looking at him suddenly.

“Anybody could have had him a year ago. Full credit to Alan Pardew, he took him.”

The striker is on international duty with Senegal ahead of the African Cup of Nations.

Ba has now become one of the major talking points in football ahead of the tournament, with his progress now well and truly under the microscope.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/07/bob-moncur-slams-redknapp-over-demba-ba-72703-30075523/2/#ixzz1im8uOBzz

Bob Moncur slams Redknapp over Demba Ba

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleJan 7 2012Add a comment Recommend

BOB MONCUR has slammed Harry Redknapp for uttering what he feels were "unethical" remarks about Demba Ba's contract status.

The Newcastle United legend also believes Redknapp and co must be “frightened” of the threat of the Magpies in the Premier League after the Spurs boss made several unsettling comments about the 15-goal Senegal star, who has been sensational this season.

United refused to wade into the argument today.

However, Ba is understood to be delighted with the way his career has kicked off at St James’ Park.

Only last month, he revealed to the Chronicle how much he enjoys living on Tyneside.

Tottenham manager Redknapp claimed Ba had a release clause in his contract and that “everybody” was looking at the Toon star following his run of 15 goals in 15 top-flight games.

Yet, while it is believed a clause does exist, there has been no clarification on what fee is involved.

Ba’s current deal runs out in 2014 and the latest developments could lead to the Magpies drawing up a new deal for the African.

Only last year, Cheick Tiote was rewarded with a new contract just a few months after arriving from FC Twente, so a precedent has been set by United.

Newcastle officials, though, are staying cool about the situation.

Toon icon Moncur told the Chronicle in a no-holds-barred interview: “I think the comments are unethical, and if true I am really disappointed in Harry Redknapp.

“I know if the roles were reversed he would be furious. I just do not know why he would make such irresponsible remarks about a player at another club.”

Redknapp’s disclosure left Newcastle fans fuming, with the Londoner blasted on our Chroniclelive comment sections and via social networking sites.

Moncur added: “You just have to ask him what his motives are on this one.

“If he wanted to sign Demba Ba then fine, make the approach in an appropriate manner.

“If he did then surely he would keep any information about any potential clause, again if true, to himself.

“Why would he alert other clubs to such information – unless he is frightened by what Newcastle can do with Ba in the team?

“I am just staggered by it all to be honest.

“It just causes disruption for the player and I am very, very disappointed with what Harry had to say.”

Redknapp’s words come just 12 months after the former West Ham boss spoke of his desire to bring Andy Carroll to White Hart Lane.

The Geordie striker eventually went to Liverpool, but Redknapp mocked Newcastle for insisting he was not for sale – before then selling him to the Merseysiders for £35m.

As for Ba, the Spurs chief said: “They say there is a release clause in his contract, that is what we all hear.

“He has certainly done well and it will be interesting to see what happens there, but at the moment he is doing great things for Newcastle.”

United have had no bids for Ba since the window opened, but Redknapp went on to say: “Demba Ba has done great, hasn’t he, everybody is looking at him suddenly.

“Anybody could have had him a year ago. Full credit to Alan Pardew, he took him.”

The striker is on international duty with Senegal ahead of the African Cup of Nations.

Ba has now become one of the major talking points in football ahead of the tournament, with his progress now well and truly under the microscope.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/07/bob-moncur-slams-redknapp-over-demba-ba-72703-30075523/2/#ixzz1im8uOBzz

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llmv4pKHGq1qafrh6.gif

Guest Chubby Jason

'Arry won't get done for that tax evasion charge.

http://mycoral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Harry-Redknapp-wink.jpg

"...it wasn't me what done it."

Guest Chubby Jason

The funny thing is...it looks like he's winking (so appropriate for the comment) but it's just his face. How it lies. How it sits. How it droops.

Surprised his son is a fairly good looking chap with Harry's genes.

That's always been a conundrum for me. Jamie must wake up every morning and run to the bathroom mirror in horror to see if his time has come for his face to start falling off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: :lol:

I always imagine that Harry Redknapp must have been standing next to that guy in Robocop who was covered in industrial waste and then ran over.

(Don't watch if you're a young 'un. Though its Robocop and its class. Still don't watch it. Or at least divvin't tell your parents you watched. Tell your mates.)

May have been lied to to make me feel bad but I was told it all stemmed from the 1990 car crash?

In June 1990, while in Italy to watch the World Cup, Redknapp was involved in a car crash along with Michael Sinclair, the chairman of York City, Fred Whitehouse, the chairman of Aston Villa and Bournemouth's managing director Brian Tiler, who died along with four other people. Travelling through Latina, south of Rome, in a minibus which was in a collision with a car driven by several Italian soldiers, their vehicle was flipped onto its roof and skidded fifty yards along the road. Redknapp was doused in petrol and pulled clear of the accident by Sinclair. Redknapp suffered a fractured skull, a broken nose, cracked ribs and a gash in his left leg. Ambulance services arriving at the scene believed him dead and placed a blanket over his head. Unconscious for two days Redknapp was flown home two weeks later in a special air ambulance paid for by AFC Bournemouth

wouldn't mind seeing some of the famous 'Ashley maverick streak' here with a formal complaint to the FA about this cunt pushed to the absolute limit, but that would preclude him cashing in Ba via Spurs i suppose so he'd have to weigh that up

redknapp should manage liverpool tbh, both as detestable as each other