Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Roger Kint

Only negative is his name looks bloody daft on the back of a shirt

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=5k1sg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Been my reaction every time Shola has been named in the starting XI tbh

Guest Roger Kint

Be reasonably happy with this as long as it's not used as a reason to not spend properly on another striker.

Scores goals, can do it in the Premier League.

This, still need another good striker but for the right wages definately

Aye. Decent number 2 striker though.

Aye

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Not a target from what I'm told. His knee is worse than Ledley King's apparently!

Old post though. Things might have changed because of Gameiro not coming. Dunno like myself. Had it not been for his knee I'd be delighted to sign him.

Guest Roger Kint

Senegal in the ACN?

Yep must be, another reason we need a main striker as well.

Not sure about this knee business, didnt seem to affect him for WHU, just how bad could it be?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Senegal in the ACN?

Not sure about this knee business, didnt seem to affect him for WHU, just how bad could it be?

Like I've said, as long as it's a sensible contract arrangement, should be okay. I'd be confident in Ba coming in as our number two striker in the event of injury/ switch to a 4-4-2.

Explosive player. Versatile, as he can lead the line or play out wide. Great move on a free, which makes up for the risk of his bad knees.

From the outset was outstanding for West Ham. Power, pace and ability on the ball. If not for his knees would probably be worth about £10 million at least.

Explosive player. Versatile, as he can lead the line or play out wide. Great move on a free, which makes up for the risk of his bad knees.

From the outset was outstanding for West Ham. Power, pace and ability on the ball. If not for his knees would probably be worth about £10 million at least.

It's not like he's gonna play for free you know. Depending on the contract - I would probably have him.

Senegal in the ACN?

Like I've said, as long as it's a sensible contract arrangement, should be okay. I'd be confident in Ba coming in as our number two striker in the event of injury/ switch to a 4-4-2.

My reservations do come from his apparent knee problems. So, think I'll go with what you're saying.

Guest pont-toon

i have no doubt that the interest from us is genuine  - it perhaps has even been formalised by the club, both through the agent and to west ham. In normal hack style though this scoop is probably jumping the gun a tad. Theres bound to be other clubs interested, none less so than the makems and imo he could end up at 1 of 6 or 7 premier league clubs. Obviously Simon Bird is hedging his bets with us at the moment.

i would take the gamble on him  - would work well providing we also sign another striker as a nailed on no 9 (Moussa Sow or Guillaume Houarau for example)

I'd be happy to pay a few mil for him but for free SUPERB as long as he is not the only striker we sign.

You know MA, saves cash he will be happy.

EDIT: Should have read the entire thread

Only negative is his name looks bloody daft on the back of a shirt

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=5k1sg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Yeah, you're right. Fuck him.