Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If there's a release clause and the player is interested in leaving, then his agent will have circulatated the news anyway. Redknapp is out of order in making a drama out of the situation, but I don't think anything has changed from the practical point of view.

With Ba at the African Nations Cup, I can't see him leaving in January. A departure in the summer looks quite possible though.

They should keep holding ACON's till Ba's contract runs out. ;)

I just don't get how we would have agreed something so low considering Pardew was raving about him when he signed him and made everyone know it was through his contacts and how much he rates him etc. Plus if his knee was really that bad then we would just give him away rather than need to have a release clause on there. Something doesn't add up or he's simply got the best agents in the game.

I knew it watching that man united game and him playing so well, just had a feeling everyone was going to come after him and now it seems literally everyone in the top leagues could now afford him if they wanted to.

I just don't get how we would have agreed something so low considering Pardew was raving about him when he signed him and made everyone know it was through his contacts and how much he rates him etc. Plus if his knee was really that bad then we would just give him away rather than need to have a release clause on there. Something doesn't add up or he's simply got the best agents in the game.

I knew it watching that man united game and him playing so well, just had a feeling everyone was going to come after him and now it seems literally everyone in the top leagues could now afford him if they wanted to.

They knew damn well they were unlikely to sign another striker, so we desperate enough to get Ba in the door and agreed to everything is my guess

They knew damn well they were unlikely to sign another striker, so we desperate enough to get Ba in the door and agreed to everything is my guess

We signed Ba (very) early July didn't we? Hardly panic time.

Guest neesy111

No doubt it'll have been his agent that bandied the release clause amount out. 

5 clubs in 6 years = Lot's of signing on fees.

How could no one have paid this yet? Unreal.

The only thinkg in our advantage is that whoever wants him will have to pay him a considerably higher wage. Still a big risk.

Clubs might just wait fo rhim to get back from Africa and then all hell will break loose.

It's a great clause to ensure that if you perform well, you get to sit down and negotiate a new contract.

He has earnt it. I hope we ATLEAST! sit down and try and sort a new deal with him (dodgy knee or not) as he really does seem to enjoy it here. I know that doesnt count for much though

So much speculation. I'm as healthily skeptical as the next guy, but they're not bad business people. They're hard-nosed bastards, in fact :lol: They don't seem the compromising type (cf Carroll's fee, Nolan's contract, Barton's contract etc)

Really struggle to believe they'll have bought Demba with a view for such a marginal return on their investment. If signing-on-fees and agents' fees really do tot up to £5m, as suggested, then we'd get very little out of this. I think they've probably negotiated any release clause off the table (except perhaps a relegation-based one to get him off the wagebook if we sink) in return for a better goal-bonus clause or sommat. Makes more sense to me, and makes me feel better. :)

Guest neesy111

What's the betting that Redknapp has some 'business' with Ba's agent.

Is their an agent Redknapp hasn't done business with?

The transfer gods are punishing us for the Carroll heist. Benefited too much from that.

Just play pretend in your head and tell yourself Ba was sold for £35 million and Carroll for £5 million. Simples.

There must be someone Redknapp is after who he wants to keep everyone away from, I can't think of any other reason why he is spouting out all this shit about Demba.

If he were genuinely looking at Demba he'd not be notifying everyone about a clause he himself could manipulate therefore it surely has to be a smokescreen for him looking elsewhere and keeping everyone talking about us.

There must be someone Redknapp is after who he wants to keep everyone away from, I can't think of any other reason why he is spouting out all this s*** about Demba.

If he were genuinely looking at Demba he'd not be notifying everyone about a clause he himself could manipulate therefore it surely has to be a smokescreen for him looking elsewhere and keeping everyone talking about us.

colo probably

i think i just enjoyed a segment of transfer gimp on ssn for the first time ever, even if it was all probably bullshit. But they said a source close to ba says that he is on an appearance based contract but he loves it here and is 100% commited to us.

This is like a microcosm of what is wrong with football.

You (although it isn't relevant it is you) go out and find a player who has had an iffy history previously, is threatened by injury, and take a chance on him.

He does exceptionally well for you, but within three months his agent - and clearly this has come from his agent - is publishing the fact he has a cheap release clause in his contract.

It doesn't take much to work out what is going to happen here, be it now or in the summer.

The saddest thing about football in this country is that you can't build anything, and the reason for this is because of the vast network of non-contributing cunts swarming around the game, making money.

Guest kingdawson

Wouldn't be surprised if he's being fed info by some West Ham connections.

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.