Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

This is like a microcosm of what is wrong with football.

You (although it isn't relevant it is you) go out and find a player who has had an iffy history previously, is threatened by injury, and take a chance on him.

He does exceptionally well for you, but within three months his agent - and clearly this has come from his agent - is publishing the fact he has a cheap release clause in his contract.

It doesn't take much to work out what is going to happen here, be it now or in the summer.

The saddest thing about football in this country is that you can't build anything, and the reason for this is because of the vast network of non-contributing c***s swarming around the game, making money.

:(

I've just realized that Redknapp has never won a major domestic cup.  So much hype for someone who will always end-up several yards short of the finish line.

His best achievement was nearly getting relegated with half the current England team.

That never happened.

You (although it isn't relevant it is you) go out and find a player who has had an iffy history previously, is threatened by injury, and take a chance on him.

He does exceptionally well for you, but within three months his agent - and clearly this has come from his agent - is publishing the fact he has a cheap release clause in his contract.

It doesn't take much to work out what is going to happen here, be it now or in the summer.

The saddest thing about football in this country is that you can't build anything, and the reason for this is because of the vast network of non-contributing c***s swarming around the game, making money.

Seconded. Though apparently there were a bajillion agents involved or something, so could be just one of them hopeful of a cut on a potential transfer...in my dreams probably though.

How does one become a football agent? sounds like a sweet job

Wouldn't be surprised if he's being fed info by some West Ham connections.

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.

Good to see Spurs fans also in agreement that what he is doing is disgraceful.

So much speculation. I'm as healthily skeptical as the next guy, but they're not bad business people. They're hard-nosed bastards, in fact :lol: They don't seem the compromising type (cf Carroll's fee, Nolan's contract, Barton's contract etc)

Really struggle to believe they'll have bought Demba with a view for such a marginal return on their investment. If signing-on-fees and agents' fees really do tot up to £5m, as suggested, then we'd get very little out of this. I think they've probably negotiated any release clause off the table (except perhaps a relegation-based one to get him off the wagebook if we sink) in return for a better goal-bonus clause or sommat. Makes more sense to me, and makes me feel better. :)

:thup:

indeed.

Still i don't get how Redknapp is allowed to say these things. I mean fair enough if you have been leaked details of a player's contract but you should not be allowed to then publicly spill them

we need to deter all suitors with a s*** offer they won't want.

SPECIAL OFFER

BUY ANY BA FOR £5 MILLION AND GET THESE DELIGHTFUL SPORTSDIRECT HANGERS FREE

http://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/89802190_l.jpg

Ashley hasn't done anything wrong on this matter.....yet.

indeed.

Still i don't get how Redknapp is allowed to say these things. I mean fair enough if you have been leaked details or a player's contract but you should not be allowed to then publicly spill them

Because Redknapp is the  world's worst at tapping up other clubs' players, that's why.

He does it every summer and every January. There he is for the SSN cameras, leaning out of his Range Rover talking about players who play for other clubs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

we need to deter all suitors with a s*** offer they won't want.

SPECIAL OFFER

BUY ANY BA FOR £5 MILLION AND GET THESE DELIGHTFUL SPORTSDIRECT HANGERS FREE

http://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/89802190_l.jpg

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.ch/1/19/The_Goggles,_they_do_nothing!.gif

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.

Why would any of them know what Ba has been offered? What club signs a player on a free then tells his old club the contract they have offered? West Ham's knowledge of Demba Ba's contract ended with the one they had given him.

i think i just enjoyed a segment of transfer gimp on ssn for the first time ever, even if it was all probably bullshit. But they said a source close to ba says that he is on an appearance based contract but he loves it here and is 100% commited to us.

I don't doubt that at all tbf. I get the feeling the entire thing is being driven by agents trying to upset the apple cart. Typically African players have several less than scrupulous individuals representing/claiming to represent them who go in a massive huff if they don't get their cut (didn't one of Tiote's 'agents' turn up at the Jesmond Dene hotel a few days after he'd signed for us and started kicking off at the staff demanding money? :lol: ). I imagine one of his reps feels short changed and now he's trying to agitate for a move and get another chunk of cash from another club.

Whether such a clause exists is another matter altogether. Him being in Africa probably works in our favour because they'll still want to check out his knee, despite his good form.

If there's no other sources, then I believe Ashley's "get the most money out of any transfer" (don't make a release clause), more than I believe Snoopy.

on the other hand West ham got tricked with the 0£ relegation clause for a x million striker, so who knows.

We'll see I guess.

Number 9 and a 5 year contract is what I think will happen.

Why would any of them know what Ba has been offered? What club signs a player on a free then tells his old club the contract they have offered? West Ham's knowledge of Demba Ba's contract ended with the one they had given him.

That's a bit naive.

Agents talk to football clubs all the time, and not just about business that involves them directly.

I wouldnt put it past those utter fucking shysters Gold, Sullivan and Brady, anyway.

indeed.

Still i don't get how Redknapp is allowed to say these things. I mean fair enough if you have been leaked details of a player's contract but you should not be allowed to then publicly spill them

Do you think as a fan we can report him to the FA for tapping up, just like if you witness an assault you can still have the offender charged even if the victim does not press charges :D

Guest VaVaVoom

So much speculation. I'm as healthily skeptical as the next guy, but they're not bad business people. They're hard-nosed bastards, in fact :lol: They don't seem the compromising type (cf Carroll's fee, Nolan's contract, Barton's contract etc)

Really struggle to believe they'll have bought Demba with a view for such a marginal return on their investment. If signing-on-fees and agents' fees really do tot up to £5m, as suggested, then we'd get very little out of this. I think they've probably negotiated any release clause off the table (except perhaps a relegation-based one to get him off the wagebook if we sink) in return for a better goal-bonus clause or sommat. Makes more sense to me, and makes me feel better. :)

:thup:

Does make sense.

Redknapp needs reporting - it's bang out of line. :angry: With regards to the clause, it's a story that isn't going away and that's a worry. More-than-likely he will be away in the summer, unless we can thrash out a new deal.

If he doesn't go in January then it's going to be a big cloud hanging over the rest of the season and it's just not going to be as fun. Similar to when it was apparent enrique was meant to be off to Liverpool and everyone commenting on his body language/lack of effort etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is it wrong that at moments like this i am glad we have dekka. Doubt he will take any of this crap.

Aye. He's writing angry forum posts like the rest of us.

We make bid for tomkins, wham are pissed as tomkins wants to join, so board release bullshit rumour about our star player, feed it to gobshite and were left distracted by the whole saga to keep going after tomkins.

Also, this started from wham board, a board who didn't even know whether they signed Ba or had him on loan. Contract kings they are.

Ba's quotes from earlier:

Yes, why not. It's possible. I have always supported PSG. Also, it's an attractive club. However, it will be difficult in January. I feel good at Newcastle, the fans like me. Also, the transfer window will be closed when I come back from the ACoN, so I'm not focussing on it. My first aim is the ACoN and to do well there. I will then continue to play well for Newcastle. We undertook something, and I'd like to go on to the end."

The man himself has said he is happy enough here and is only focusing on the ACoN atm. Sure, he's mentioned that he would possibly like to go to PSG some day but as it stands, he's not really thinking about leaving us properly. It does sound like he's still committed to us.

As a result, I'm confident that he's not leaving us this month. (Summer however is a different matter).