Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest kingdawson

Wouldn't be surprised if he's being fed info by some West Ham connections.

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.

Why would any of them know what Ba has been offered? What club signs a player on a free then tells his old club the contract they have offered? West Ham's knowledge of Demba Ba's contract ended with the one they had given him.

People talk mate. All it needs is his agent informing Brady and co that they've negiotiated a better deal with Newcastle where you were willing to meet his release clause demands.

I'm not sure there were any demands, they were relegated, he was released  :undecided:

True but football is corrupt period. Really only Demba, his agent and NUFC should know thee inner details of his contract but in reality probably a lot lot more than that do. My bet is that his previous club were made aware of his contract with you lot when leaving. I very much doubt it's as cut and dry as his agent simply telling them he's joining Newcastle and that's it.

Number 9 and a 5 year contract is what I think will happen.

Ba doesn't want #9 and we wouldn't give him a five year contract. :laugh:

You think all our other five year contract were made for them to run out? All about value.

Far too much risk given his knee.

I know that's what your taking about and it would be a chance to take for the club.

But even with that on the form he's on now, he would be much more worth with a long contract. Otherwise other clubs could just see him run this one out, and if there's no problem, there's no problem.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's being fed info by some West Ham connections.

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.

Why would any of them know what Ba has been offered? What club signs a player on a free then tells his old club the contract they have offered? West Ham's knowledge of Demba Ba's contract ended with the one they had given him.

People talk mate. All it needs is his agent informing Brady and co that they've negiotiated a better deal with Newcastle where you were willing to meet his release clause demands.

I'm not sure there were any demands, they were relegated, he was released  :undecided:

True but football is corrupt period. Really only Demba, his agent and NUFC should know thee inner details of his contract but in reality probably a lot lot more than that do. My bet is that his previous club were made aware of his contract with you lot when leaving. I very much doubt it's as cut and dry as his agent simply telling them he's joining Newcastle and that's it.

Agreed, some very naive people on here if they don't think people in football talk to each other.

Best way to keep players like Demba Ba is to invest in the team to put yourselves in a position where you're the place they want to be instead of the stepping stone.

Simply won't happen under this lot and I'd be stunned if he's not away in the summer, along with at least one or two others.

True.

If that was the plan we would have kept Enrique or Carroll or Barton or ...

Guest elbee909

Best way to keep players like Demba Ba is to invest in the team to put yourselves in a position where you're the place they want to be instead of the stepping stone.

Simply won't happen under this lot and I'd be stunned if he's not away in the summer, along with at least one or two others.

True.

Barton doesn't deserve to be in that list.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Astonishing stuff from Redknapp. The very fact he's saying it shows he knows no-one will say anything. Needs to be taken down a peg or 2 but nowt will be done about it.

That's the other side of it. He does this (public talking/admiration/hinting of buying of players that aren't his) EVERY transfer window. Yet, nothing is done about it.

True.

Barton's found his level.

Very simplistic view.

Just of the top of my head Nasri, Clichy, Modric, Torres etc, etc etc.

Guest elbee909

True.

Agreed.

f***ing Redknapp. What a c*** for saying those things in public. No class. Anyway, don't think Ba is leaving in January, but if he keeps banging them in during the remainder of the season staying injury free, clubs will be swarming around him like vultures. Depends on how money grabbing Ba is too, could well be a football whore.

That's why we "are forced" to restart our striker hunt suddenly.  Simple, his agent is trying to engineer a move this January to earn commission and inform all other parties about this clauses, and that the club knows the chance of keeping him is very slim, since we will not give him any wages higher than 60k.

I don't know who should I blame.  In fact, even that cunt didn't tell the world about this, I am pretty sure all the clubs know this already from Ba's agent.

True.

I'm not taking about his level or his character, but he starting talking about the board's lack of ambition, which eventually lead to him going away. He stays on that list.

It's really sad that Redknapp feels the need to spout this sort of stuff to the media. Strikes me as the act of a desperate man, maybe he sees us as a threat which can only be a good thing. Who knows what the ins and outs of the contract are, end of the day if Ba wants to stay, it's his choice. I can't say I'm surprised really at the whole situation.

I just hope Ba doesn't leave in January. Other than that I can't fault the guy really.

The guy joined on an appearance based contract, which I'm sure wouldn't have been his preference. However, the talk about his knee kept going on, so he signs it anyway and comes in and proves himself.

So now either improve his contract or he moves to a club that will. The clause makes it easier for him to do so, and get the money he kinda deserves considering his performances.

Don't think this makes him a disloyal money hungry sort.

Guest elbee909

True.

I'm not taking about his level or his character, but he starting talking about the board's lack of ambition, which eventually lead to him going away. He stays on that list.

I think they were simply fed up with his shit.

Louise Taylor:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/08/newcastle-blackburn-rovers-fa-cup

The club's board could be poised to offer Ba an improved deal as early as this week.

Though that's about as vague and noncommittal as you could possibly get. :laugh:

She says £10 million anyway.

Newcastle's manager has no intention of selling Ba this month despite the presence of a release clause – reportedly triggered by a £10m bid – in his leading scorer's contract.

Regardless of this issue, short of us winning something, I'm not sure I can think of anything as satisfying in football as Redknapp doing time would be.

Won't happen like, slimy cunts like him never get their comeuppance.

Why would he make other clubs aware of it if he knew about it? Surely he would keep quiet and approach Demba Ba's agent without the competition of other interested parties?

Doesn't make sense, as I said earlier in the thread their best striker by far is on loan and unlikely to sign due to massive wages he currently gets. Other than Adebayor their forwards aren't a patch on Ba so why wouldn't twitchy take Ba for £5m, considering he is the 2nd most prolific forward in the league..

Regardless of this issue, short of us winning something, I'm not sure I can think of anything as satisfying in football as Redknapp doing time would be.

Won't happen like, slimy cunts like him never get their comeuppance.

I'm a bitter cunt and hate most people in football but Redknapp is the cherry on the cake for me. Absolutely toss piece of epic proportions.

(Most of it forming my opinion in his So'ton days)

True.

His ambition correlates with Queens Park fkin Rangers. I'm glad his definition of the word is different to that of NUFC.