Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

if Ba does go in the summer (please NO). who should we look at to replace him on the left hand side of our forward 3?

Can we please start talking about that when he's gone? Enjoy the moments we've got instead of worrying about the future just yet. :thup:

i 100% agree, but these are the things that management need to consider. so just trying to double guess them. personally i think he'd have signed a new contract if he was gonna be here beyond the summer.

im more of a half empty than half full kinda guy though.

Let Llambias, Ashley, Carr and Pardew consider it. We're "only" the supporters. We can't plan, we can't influence (transfers). Instead, we can enjoy a great victory with beer before, during and after the game.

very true. ones thing for sure, i have Confidence in them to replace him sensibly if it comes to it.

Just needs a goal. Didn't play very well today but how often does that happen?

Don't see the point in worrying about it, just look forward to him scoring again. It's rare that a player scores so consistently throughout the season anyway, it's only noticeable because Cisse has done so well.

Needs to pick his arse up tbh. Was ropey in the second half against Liverpool and total gash today.

Wouldn't mind sticking Shola in for Stoke. We could do with the extra height anyway.

:spit:

The guy's clearly exhausted, at the very least... he could use a rest in my opinion. We've got a tough end to the season, and any opportunity to recharge our best players, for the run-in, should be taken as far as i'm concerned. Shola's playing well at the moment anyway. It'll be a very physical game against Stoke, and if we're missing all three of Coloccini, Williamson and Tiote - i think we'll have to compensate a bit. That doesn't mean playing into the opposition's hands - it's just covering your backs. We know they're dangerous from set pieces.

So anyway, do you fancy actually having a discussion on this occasion - or are you just going to reply with another smiley? Seems you've got a very inflated opinion of yourself nowadays, Sewelly. You're an asset to the forum because there's no doubting your knowledge of the game (particularly abroad), and i'm happy to read posts from people who know more about a certain subject than i do. But your posting style is pretty tedious since you got bummed at the forum awards. Wish you'd give it a rest.

wait, the forum awards are real? and people care?

Oh, aye. When I won #1 forum poster back in 2009 it set me up for life. THE FUCKING ENDORSEMENTS, MAN. The chicks! Unbelievable.

I think he came off today with Mondays game in mind, I think it might be the other way round on Monday with Cisse coming off earlier.

A lot of people suggested he'd be coming off today. Pards seems to be rotating it through the front three which is fine by me.

Since Cisse's arrival, he's generally had to play deeper and he's looked ponderous. In fact, today he looked like a liability, he was losing the ball so much. Sticking him up front and getting Cisse to drop back made us look a bit less vulnerable, but that's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Since Cisse's arrival, he's generally had to play deeper and he's looked ponderous. In fact, today he looked like a liability, he was losing the ball so much. Sticking him up front and getting Cisse to drop back made us look a bit less vulnerable, but that's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

He was fantastic against Liverpool playing in the same position, just an off day.

Dunno if the penalty miss has knocked him a bit or what. I reckon it's all just a bit too much. The incredible, incredible start to the season, jetting off to ACON, changing formation, having a new strike partner and all that. He'll be absolutely fine. He's already shown what an awesome striker he is (don't forget how fucking good he was during his run) and we'll see it on Monday hopefully.

Chin up.

See no reason for him not to be happy, probably reading too much into it.

Aye this ^ but he didn't look too happy when Cisse scored the second? When it cut to pards he's sitting there arms folded, no reaction?

Needs to pick his arse up tbh. Was ropey in the second half against Liverpool and total gash today.

Wouldn't mind sticking Shola in for Stoke. We could do with the extra height anyway.

:spit:

The guy's clearly exhausted, at the very least... he could use a rest in my opinion. We've got a tough end to the season, and any opportunity to recharge our best players, for the run-in, should be taken as far as i'm concerned. Shola's playing well at the moment anyway. It'll be a very physical game against Stoke, and if we're missing all three of Coloccini, Williamson and Tiote - i think we'll have to compensate a bit. That doesn't mean playing into the opposition's hands - it's just covering your backs. We know they're dangerous from set pieces.

So anyway, do you fancy actually having a discussion on this occasion - or are you just going to reply with another smiley? Seems you've got a very inflated opinion of yourself nowadays, Sewelly. You're an asset to the forum because there's no doubting your knowledge of the game (particularly abroad), and i'm happy to read posts from people who know more about a certain subject than i do. But your posting style is pretty tedious since you got bummed at the forum awards. Wish you'd give it a rest.

Eh? The forum awards are a pisstake man. :lol: I'm actually a bit stunned that at that second bit of your post like.

I'm just laughing at your super-inflated opionion of Shola. It always makes me laugh. Genuinely though I don't think he should be anywhere near the pitch when we've got the team functioning the way we have at the moment. We've won 4 on the bounce, are playing well and up until today Ba was contributing excellently to that.

Stoke are full of cloggers slow in body in mind. No way we should be matching them with somebody like Shola!

Nah, Shola shouldnt be getting a start at all, not only are Ba and Cisse comfortably better than him any day of the week but he's proven what his role is this season.

I didn't say he should.  :serious:

If you're not responding to me directly, I agree.  :lol: