Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

was a fairly lively outing of the ramadan song today like, seemed a lot more people chanting it and seen literally hundreds get to their feet to join in with the 'pogo-ing' at the end of it, looked class looking down from the back of the corner

He had another good game, he just looks tired to me though. Why Cisse was subbed on a hat-trick and Ba was made to complete another 90 is anyone's guess.

Cisse was on a booking and him and Skrtel were niggling away at each other for five minutes, Cisse kicked him up the arse when the ball was up in the air, he looked like he might get himself sent off. Good decision.

I'd like him to get a goal or two, just as he's deserved it but we all knew they'd dry up at some point, good thing is now we have other options to score goals and takes the pressure off when he's not scoring.

I really hope in the summer he looks at the likes of Nolan, Barton, Carroll and Enrique's moves and thinks to himself why bother when i've got it sweet here. Were about 3 players away from having one of the best XI's in the country, as long as they are utilised right and the club address the gaps and make their moves then there really is very little point moving on to another club only to have to settle again.

I'd like him to get a goal or two, just as he's deserved it but we all knew they'd dry up at some point, good thing is now we have other options to score goals and takes the pressure off when he's not scoring.

I really hope in the summer he looks at the likes of Nolan, Barton, Carroll and Enrique's moves and thinks to himself why bother when i've got it sweet here. Were about 3 players away from having one of the best XI's in the country, as long as they are utilised right and the club address the gaps and make their moves then there really is very little point moving on to another club only to have to settle again.

Agree. If we end up in Europe and not a massive way from 4th I can see all of them staying to be honest, I think PSG could be a draw for Ba with it being home for him but I think for the reasons you've outlined he'll want to stay just as much. I think the progression of the club perfectly matches that of the players for once.

Gutted he couldn't get a decent chance on goal when Enrique was in nets. Badly needs to score again.

Not sure he does tbh, he is still playing very well and this is acknowledged by the fans. He will still end the season with a 1 in 2 record :lol:

Ba isn't scoring the goals because Cisse is taking a position that Ba would have been taking if we didn't have Cisse.

Pretty much this. There's no problem here at all really. The job he's being told to do now he's doing it really well I think

Ba isn't scoring the goals because Cisse is taking a position that Ba would have been taking if we didn't have Cisse.

Aye, Ba's more of a 'midfielder' now playing off the front and so naturally will score less goals.

His role on the left as part of a front 3 has been very important for us (with his technique and all round play, he's done brilliantly there) and is certainly one of the reasons why we've played so well recently. You could also say that he's also been one of the reasons why Cissé has been scoring regularly.

Hope he gets back on the scoresheet soon - he deserves one (would also like to see what he does when he scores his 19th goal!).

I still don't believe he's ideally suited for this 4-3-3, but he can do a good job there. He has a decent all-round game, but when he gets the ball and carries it on the counter attack he could do with a bit more acceleration and pace.

Still, he's been class and must be in the team, and the system's working.