Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I beat Mike to the forum's funniest poster ffs! You can't take those serioursly, especially as I won the best overall poster the year before.

I wasn't even nominated for funniest poster so you're spot on, they can take a running fucking jump.

Needs to pick his arse up tbh. Was ropey in the second half against Liverpool and total gash today.

Wouldn't mind sticking Shola in for Stoke. We could do with the extra height anyway.

:spit:

The guy's clearly exhausted, at the very least... he could use a rest in my opinion. We've got a tough end to the season, and any opportunity to recharge our best players, for the run-in, should be taken as far as i'm concerned. Shola's playing well at the moment anyway. It'll be a very physical game against Stoke, and if we're missing all three of Coloccini, Williamson and Tiote - i think we'll have to compensate a bit. That doesn't mean playing into the opposition's hands - it's just covering your backs. We know they're dangerous from set pieces.

So anyway, do you fancy actually having a discussion on this occasion - or are you just going to reply with another smiley? Seems you've got a very inflated opinion of yourself nowadays, Sewelly. You're an asset to the forum because there's no doubting your knowledge of the game (particularly abroad), and i'm happy to read posts from people who know more about a certain subject than i do. But your posting style is pretty tedious since you got bummed at the forum awards. Wish you'd give it a rest.

Eh? The forum awards are a pisstake man. :lol: I'm actually a bit stunned that at that second bit of your post like.

I'm just laughing at your super-inflated opionion of Shola. It always makes me laugh. Genuinely though I don't think he should be anywhere near the pitch when we've got the team functioning the way we have at the moment. We've won 4 on the bounce, are playing well and up until today Ba was contributing excellently to that.

Stoke are full of cloggers slow in body in mind. No way we should be matching them with somebody like Shola!

Fair enough. Personally i think we can beat a shite Stoke team without a totally knackered Demba Ba, and we'd be better off resting him for a run-in that could see us qualify for the Champions League. Agree to disagree.

I like Shola, but i don't think that highly of him. I think he's a great finisher and an absolute ox of a man - which i like in a footballer and i think it can be put to good use against a side like Stoke. I'm not blind to his obvious limitations. I don't want him in the side cos i think he's better than Ba, or anything daft like that.

Have you ever watched South Park btw? Or Peep Show? You'll crack a rib laughing at them if you found my post funny. :pow:

Nah, Shola shouldnt be getting a start at all, not only are Ba and Cisse comfortably better than him any day of the week but he's proven what his role is this season.

I didn't say he should.  :serious:

If you're not responding to me directly, I agree.  :lol:

Nah wasn't responding to you pal.

I beat Mike to the forum's funniest poster ffs! You can't take those serioursly, especially as I won the best overall poster the year before.

The awards are nothing to be sniffed at. Take that from the man who defeated Mike to the Bantersaurus Rex award. :snod:

They're a crock of shit. :okay:

Who says Ba's knackered like? He was everywhere against Liverpool, he just had an off day today.

He was blowing out his arse after about 30 minutes today. Either that or he just wasn't pulling his weight.

Stick Hoilett or Moses or some such into the role that Ba had today, and we'd be looking dreamy.

Would love us to go for Hoilett. Reckon he would be a perfect signing for this squad, not even if he necessarily went straight into the starting line-up. It'd be a great option to have. It's whether he'd come here without the guarantee of a place in the side every week. But he'd have more chance here than he would at the usual suspects.

Stick Hoilett or Moses or some such into the role that Ba had today, and we'd be looking dreamy.

Yes, seems a sensible suggestion, let's replace him with a worse player. FFS.

That said I'd love to have either of those players in our squad though.

Precisely. Don't think Bob's saying they should be a direct replacement. If one of our front three was having an off-day, either of those two (particularly the former) would be great options to have from the bench.

Guest Paxton

Scored some important goals for you this season, a lot of your success is down to him, but I cannot doubt the talent in the rest of your squad too.

It's good that you have found a maybe even better striker in Cisse, as his goals have dried up a bit recently and could be off in the summer.

Precisely. Don't think Bob's saying they should be a direct replacement. If one of our front three was having an off-day, either of those two (particularly the former) would be great options to have from the bench.

I appreciate your support, but I was actually saying that if we're going to stick with this formation and have Cisse up front (where he should be), I'd rather see Hoilett or Moses in that wide left role than Ba.

It's not a matter of who's the 'better player'. Just who would offer the team more in that role.

Scored some important goals for you this season, a lot of your success is down to him, but I cannot doubt the talent in the rest of your squad too.

It's good that you have found a maybe even better striker in Cisse, as his goals have dried up a bit recently and could be off in the summer.

You can do better than that, man. :yao:

:lol: Yeah, Yorkie.

Sorry Cronky but Moses is such an inferior player that I can't take that seriously.  Even if he's a more natural wide player there's not a hope in hell I'd have him on the pitch over Ba, and when Ba starts scoring again that'll look like the daft comment that it is.

I appreciate your support, but I was actually saying that if we're going to stick with this formation and have Cisse up front (where he should be), I'd rather see Hoilett or Moses in that wide left role than Ba.

It's not a matter of who's the 'better player'. Just who would offer the team more in that role.

In that case i disagree. :laugh: I think, given his balance, strength and ball control, Ba suits that role extremely well. Plus it's interchangeable and he doesn't require lightning pace. It's not as if he's slow anyway.

If Cisse doesn't play then Ba will get the goals, Hoilett or Moses wouldn't.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ba dosnt really react to either of Cisses goals. I think he is genuinely jealous that his 'mate' is getting all the attention

I genuinely think, regardless of how well he is playing, that he is p*ssed off about playing on the left

I hope i am wrong, but if he starts being all sulky and thinking about individual glory he will go right down in my estimations.