Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Isn't it because he refused to shake hands with the manager because he substituted him?

did he, i saw him drinking from a bottle, don't think pardew offered a hand but gave him a pat. far too much being read into some stuff on here.

Nah he snatch his hand away from Pards like a 5-year old. Dont think its a big deal, but wasnt his best moment.

Not sure where people are getting the spoilt kid thing from.

Everytime a TV camera and microphone has been in his face he's always been honest and said it doesn't matter if he scores or not as long as the he and the team play well. Said it before, but he looks gassed and probably more p*ssed off with himself as he ain't scored in a while. Sounds a little immature but it probably means so much to the guy. If you get taken off you must know either you haven't done well or you just won't last.

As a striker it must be canny s*** to go on a barren run like, especially after you smashed 16 in earlier

Neither can I. I can only guess that people on here are horrendous f***ing drama queens.

don't you remember the reading of enriques body language ?  :frantic:

His body language is sometimes still very readable, I think.

http://i43.tinypic.com/28jk778.jpg

Have confidence that Pardew will be able to calm Ba down and that incident was a storm in a teacup. But if he loves scoring goals and sees himself as a front man in a 442 we might still lose him. If we can't promise him that role regularly then I think there'll be plenty of teams who will. Hope not obviously.

He's still the main reason we are in this position. Happy to give him as much time as he needs to get back to form. Been an emotional season for him.

He really isn't the main reason, like. But a lot of his goals were useful.

Who else was scoring while he was? At one point wasn't the next top scorer Ryan Taylor?

Leon Best was, tbh.

Still, he scored some important goals, but he was never the most important.

Have confidence that Pardew will be able to calm Ba down and that incident was a storm in a teacup. But if he loves scoring goals and sees himself as a front man in a 442 we might still lose him. If we can't promise him that role regularly then I think there'll be plenty of teams who will. Hope not obviously.

I am not being funny but for us to go forward we need to throw 4-4-2 and hoofball to the scrap heap and if Ba wont stay because we wont play 4-4-2 then id seriously consider letting him go ( as stupid as it sounds)

No one player is bigger than the team i dont care who it is we need to be using 4-3-3 and have the whole squad built around 4-3-3 heck id even want the youth teams to play 4-3-3.

It would be stupid to lose any player over such childish acts but if Ba refuses to play in a 4-3-3 then i cant see any other outcome.

4-4-2 can only take us so far and i dont care who it is if one player makes us play that system to suit him and not the rest of the team then he should be moved along.

I obviously hope this isnt the case with Ba and we can get him to adapt to 4-3-3 and take us to the next level.

He's still the main reason we are in this position. Happy to give him as much time as he needs to get back to form. Been an emotional season for him.

Who else was scoring while he was? At one point wasn't the next top scorer Ryan Taylor?

Leon Best was, tbh.

Best has 4 goals man :lol: I know what you're saying but, imo, Ba was scoring goals he had no right to score and singlehandedly won us games.

Leon Best was, tbh.

Best has 4 goals man :lol:

What the hell has that got to do with it?

Its frustration and I guess a little jealousy, he has to look after Cisse and then see him getting all the goals and plaudits where before Cisse came he was the main man.

The 4-3-3 is working for us but not for Demba, however he is an intelligent footballer and I have no doubt he can and will adapt his game to suit the system.

He may be pissed off but still gives 100% on the pitch for the team, I think way to much could be made of the handshake refusal.

Take Best away and we'd be in the same position. Take Ba away and we'd be much further down the league.

Right, and how does this have any relevance? Ba's had a very good season; Best hasn't.

My initial point was that Ba is the main reason we are where we are in the league due to his goals. Not sure why you have brought Best into it.

Demba Ba ‏ @dembabafoot

Dies any one have ever heard about cryo therapie?

I've been locked in a room -110 degres for 3 min. Nearly naked. I never felt so cold. But now i feel refresh and ready for the last 5 games