Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Pardew will no doubt sit down and talk to him about it. Thing is worse case scenario and he throws all his toys out the pram and doesn't look at it from the team point of view, he'll be moved on and replaced or will push for a move with the same result. I don't think it'll come to that but it'll be worked out either way.

No player is bigger than the club

Pardew will no doubt sit down and talk to him about it. Thing is worse case scenario and he throws all his toys out the pram and doesn't look at it from the team point of view, he'll be moved on and replaced or will push for a move with the same result. I don't think it'll come to that but it'll be worked out either way.

No player is bigger than the club

They need to kiss and make up. Ba will come good again, going through a dip in form right now and now is the time for Pardew to do some +ve man management

Ba was playing really well against WBA and Liverpool. Only the last two games his overall performance has dropped

Indeed, let's not start rewriting history here. He's part of a system that works and he wasn't even that bad today.

:thup:

Some seem desperate for things to go to shit. Pardew needs to manage him correctly and the goals will return.

Ba in terrible mood because he played badly, he'll surely get some perspective on it.

The worry for Pardew is does he keep giving him game time to regain his confidence, or leave him out for sake of the team.

My problem isnt his form or his work rate, its the fact he cant deal with the fact Cisse is scoring the goals is instead of him and pretty much made us play 4-4-2 today so he can be central and get him a goal.

It's not Demba Ba FC its Newcastle United FC, he's being far too selfish if him playing on the left of the front 3 is best for the team then so be it.

Mate you have to stop spouting this like it's fact, it's your opinion, and it's almost certainly wrong.

My problem isnt his form or his work rate, its the fact he cant deal with the fact Cisse is scoring the goals is instead of him and pretty much made us play 4-4-2 today so he can be central and get him a goal.

It's not Demba Ba FC its Newcastle United FC, he's being far too selfish if him playing on the left of the front 3 is best for the team then so be it.

Mate you have to stop spouting this like it's fact, it's your opinion, and it's almost certainly wrong.

Did it seem like that? i didnt mean to i meant it as just giving my opinion to add the discussion......

It's obviously not fact, only Pardew and the backroom staff will know that.

He does seem a bit selfish to me atm tho.

We scored twice after he went off. Now in no way am I saying he was to blame for our dire performance (pre wonder boy scoring), but he must see that the substitution worked, as it did against Swansea.  :dontknow:

Dont feel it made a difference to the game at Swans. But today it did. He is frustrated hasnt scored in a while. Stoke comes next and he loves scoring against them.

Think the Ferguson > Ba sub at Swansea changed the game entirely. Put us back in control.

Didn't like his attitude the whole game today and the minor incident with Pardew is not acceptable behavior. I think a quiet word from Pardew could sort things out though. Plus, and I say this with no knowledge of the team's training schedule during such a long layoff, but I would give Ba a solid 4-5 days off - no football, no running, no lifting. Just syrup and relaxation. Think it would do him a lot of good mentally and physically.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

He has been brilliant up until the last two matches. He was bad vs swansea and worst, imo, today.If he keeps going at this rate I would play Ameobi ahead of him because at least he done something when he came on today.

Was poor today, reminiscent of some of his performances right at the start of the season where he barely looked like a footballer - obviously a big confidence player.

Have to say i would start Shola next game.

This break has arguably come at a good time.  Gives players like Tiote and Guthrie time to get over their knocks, think Cabaye and Perch are carrying niggles as well?  Also gives time for players like Ba to recharge their batteries.

He's looked a bit jaded of late and the whole team looked off the boil.  Could say that we want to keep the run going and not miss a weekend, but we looked sluggish today I thought and the options on the bench were very limited.

Don't read much into his little strop, you see players do that all the while.

Was poor today, reminiscent of some of his performances right at the start of the season where he barely looked like a footballer - obviously a big confidence player.

planning on subbing him after half an hour then are you?

I would play Ameobi ahead of him because at least he done something when he came on today.

Well no, that's exactly the backwards thinking trap not to fall into. Also the best way to see the worst from Shola again.

This break has arguably come at a good time.  Gives players like Tiote and Guthrie time to get over their knocks, think Cabaye and Perch are carrying niggles as well?  Also gives time for players like Ba to recharge their batteries.

He's looked a bit jaded of late and the whole team looked off the boil.  Could say that we want to keep the run going and not miss a weekend, but we looked sluggish today I thought and the options on the bench were very limited.

Don't read much into his little strop, you see players do that all the while.

On the outside it seems like a good thing for the reasons mentioned. However on the downside we have been consistently rubbish after every break, even more so when we have bigged up how we will be better for it. We will also be losing momentum.

Hopefully we can make up for our poor form after previous breaks this year.

I would play Ameobi ahead of him because at least he done something when he came on today.

Well no, that's exactly the backwards thinking trap not to fall into. Also the best way to see the worst from Shola again.

:clap:

Low on confidence and frustrated by it. Desperately needs a mass of crowd love next game IMO, plus some more strawberry syrup obviously.

Not like the crowd were chanting and singing the ramadan song for the first 10 minutes none stop today was it?

He's just out of form and frustrated.  The moment that stood out for me today was when the ball was played through to him in the middle, he took a bad touch and it bounced up off his knee and out of play.  Before the new year he would have controlled that and rifled it into the bottom corner with his left foot.  He'll get it back and the smiles will return but for now i'd rather have a striker who is pissed off and frustrated that he's playing shit than one who plays shit and doesn't give a crap.