Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Just checked and it's celsius.

I'm obvously just over estimating the effects of cold on the body.

Does sound freezing like .. I know when I have to ice my ankle in a bucket of ice and water .. i squeel like a little girl. Hate to think what Demba was going through.

Imagine the temperature change if Tiote got in there. It would instantly heat back to normal temperature.

Since the switch to 433 Ba has spent plenty of time as the central striker, against Swansea in particular Cisse done much of the denfensive work on the left. If we stick at it and those two keep swapping duties i've no doubt at all Ba will find his form.

Just checked and it's celsius.

I'm obvously just over estimating the effects of cold on the body.

Does sound freezing like .. I know when I have to ice my ankle in a bucket of ice and water .. i squeel like a little girl. Hate to think what Demba was going through.

Imagine the temperature change if Tiote got in there. It would instantly heat back to normal temperature.

If Colo went in it would get colder.

Guest mimifrench

Can’t believe I’m doing all that just for you but as I promise (POOT it’s for you mainly ;)), here is the transcription and translation of Demba Ba’s interview on French TV (there were some very funny moments also so wanted to share it with you):

-On the Premier League: He was asked about Balotelli and said he talked with him last time a little and seemed a good guy. He’s very talented but with such a behavior on the pitch, you can’t want to work with him. For Ba. Balotelli is a “misunderstood” person… 

Ba said that he thinks Man Utd will be Champion. He really praised Sir Alex Ferguson, he admires him.

-On NUFC: little report on Ba was called “Ba to follow Drogba’s steps?

For the Bolton match, Ba said that he was clearly unhappy to be subbed that’s why he had this behavior. It was 0-0 and they had to win so he wanted to stay on the pitch, they had to win...

They after talked about the 4th fourth place on the league and if NUFC was the favorite.

Showed some videos about his goals and there were a lot of similitude between him and Drogba. Indeed Ba really succeed/became good at 25-26 years old. He had quite the same route as Drogba, played first in France with low division (amateurs) and played like Ben arfa in Montrouge (little town in the limit of Paris which is also MY TOWN too :aww:).

Even Ba said that he can’t believe it. Drogba is a kind of modele for him, well after Thierry Henry. He adores the Premier league, best in the world for him ahead of Germany where he played. Said that it is THE league where to play. He takes a lot of pleasure to play in it.

Chelsea’s coach of the keeper was here too and reckoned similitude with Drogba.

-On Ba position on the pitch: He said that he likes “walking” on the pitch in the meaning of going everywhere. He wants to be part of the game, like going down on the pitch, helping in the middle (sorry here for the translation). Important thing is that he said he’s not the forward who will always stay on the penalty area, he likes moving!!!

Plus they showed that his stats are better than Drogba for his first season in England.

-On the relation with the Frenchies: He really loves Cabaye! Has a very good relation with him on the pitch.

Said literally: “I’m in his home every 2 days and reciprocally!”  :lol: After that French journalist asked him:  “So you are married with him then?” They laughed a lot at that, it was very funny.

Said he adores all the Frenchies with Hatem and Cissé.

Moreover, Ba that he always wanted to play in England.

Said that if he scored it’s good, if not, no problem, he’ll do it next time. He won’t make a big deal for that.

It’s like he’s playing like when he was a kid at school. He’s finding again his sensations. But the difference here according to him is that now when you don’t score, you start worrying and becoming less confident (contrary to when he was a kid and played for fun…).

Demba added that you have sensational public, fans.

-On Papiss’s form and his change of position on the pitch: Now Ba is playing differently because Pardew changed the style of play since Cissé came. Ba plays on the left but it’s not very new for him as he already played there during his career.

French journalist asked him if it was frustrating not scoring and not being THE star since Cissé came. Ba answered: “It’s sure, I want to be in the middle but the coach made his choices. So for the team I do it. We all work for Cissé. I’m happy that he scores. It doesn’t bother me to be on the “wing”…”

“Really happy for Cissé. I don’t score but if another one scores, I’m happy too”.

-On Ba’s little secret: SYRUP!!! It was a very funny moment too.

They showed an extract of an interview he gave to an English journalist. Said he loved syrup (strawberry one lol), he’s been drinking it for around 10 years now. Every day he put it in water, it’s like an addiction he said. His family always brings it to him…

-On PSG: Paris is his favorite team, it’ll be a dream to play there he said (well, here he answered the journalist) as he was supporting that team since he’s a kid. He said “you can’t explain that love for PSG”.

Funny story to conclude: He told he was (again) at Cabaye’s home to watch the PSG-OM game on Sunday, he was happy because PSG won! But has quite a fight (lol) with Cabaye’s wife as she is from the South of France so maybe she was supporting Marseille… :lol:

PS : Just one rectification about what he said on HBA. He said exactly this: “I think that Ben arfa doesn’t like when we see him training/working hard”. He impresses him a lot. For his goal, HBA confessed when he saw there was a possibility to score, he said to himself “Why not then??”…

Hope you’ve enjoyed that translation even if I’m sure it’s full of mistakes, sorry.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think Ba's lack of goals recently is anything to do with his new position or role or the arrival of Cisse but down to lack of confidence and simple fatigue. In short I'm not worried, although his reaction to being subbed was poor mind.

Guest henrique

Good job mimi! :) Nice to hear that wor Demba is happy. Also nice to hear about his good relation with Yohan.

Guest mimifrench

Should rename the ground St. Mimi's Park.

Thanks for that :clap:

Aye why not? :undecided:

:lol: Joking, just rename it St James Park again and it'll be ok for me! :lol:

Guest mimifrench

bonjour, mimi! :thup:

Think you were looking for 'merci', not 'bonjour'. :lol:

:lol:

Maybe he just wanted to say to me 'Good morning'...

Thanks all, it was nothing. My pleasure. :thup: