Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Nah, id say we've seen it doesnt if you defend well. Not as much as having space exposed by good players anyway.

we've already said regardless of whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 it;s basically a 4-5-1 when out of possession or variation thereof, be it the swansea style with cabaye pushing on and the forwrds dropping deeper as some other form, it's still the some basic format regardless of how we line up when in possession.

Nah, id say we've seen it doesnt if you defend well. Not as much as having space exposed by good players anyway.

we've already said regardless of whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 it;s basically a 4-5-1 when out of possession or variation thereof, be it the swansea style with cabaye pushing on and the forwrds dropping deeper as some other form, it's still the some basic format regardless of how we line up when in possession.

You're probably right bout the 451 when we don't have the ball but you're missing the transition from attack to defense. Pardew thinks (whether he is right or wrong is another issue) that 442 makes us more solid because when we do loose the ball (through playing hoof ball), it's easy to go 451 (all we need is for one striker to drop into midfield). When we play 433, it takes more time to transition into the 451 especially as we usually have more players committed going forward and strong teams can exploit this time lag. This is not to say that Pardew is right or that I like the 442 (I don't), but that reverting to 442 has nothing to do with Ba which some seems to be implying and are using as a basis to say that we're better off without him.

You're probably right bout the 451 when we don't have the ball but you're missing the transition from attack to defense. Pardew thinks (whether he is right or wrong is another issue) that 442 makes us more solid because when we do loose the ball (through playing hoof ball), it's easy to go 451 (all we need is for one striker to drop into midfield). When we play 433, it takes more time to transition into the 451 especially as we usually have more players committed going forward and strong teams can exploit this time lag. This is not to say that Pardew is right or that I like the 442 (I don't), but that reverting to 442 has nothing to do with Ba which some seems to be implying and are using as a basis to say that we're better off without him.

i dont think hoof ball (which i don't think we played nearly as much as some make out) had any effect defensivly. lets face it when a move breaks down we may have 4 up, could be 5 or even 6 so the idea that in a certain formation it takes longer to get back is moot or did we just lump it up and stand back waiting for our gallant front two to fight it out with the opposition 6 ?

defensivle we've tucked into a 451 all season at various depths and with diffring people doing the  'point' work....always think though, ther besdt way to stop therm scoring is if we have the ball and 442 lumping it with our personnel wont help. as it stands we should be a 433 pass, move quick break (WBA away) team, away with a best/shola option at home if need be!!!, then an all over team at home, pressurining and quick on the break.

i dont think hoof ball (which i don't think we played nearly as much as some make out) had any effect defensivly. lets face it when a move breaks down we may have 4 up, could be 5 or even 6 so the idea that in a certain formation it takes longer to get back is moot or did we just lump it up and stand back waiting for our gallant front two to fight it out with the opposition 6 ?

defensivle we've tucked into a 451 all season at various depths and with diffring people doing the  'point' work....always think though, ther besdt way to stop therm scoring is if we have the ball and 442 lumping it with our personnel wont help. as it stands we should be a 433 pass, move quick break (WBA away) team, away with a best/shola option at home if need be!!!, then an all over team at home, pressurining and quick on the break.

Madras, you're still missing the point, I'm with you and yes I don't support 442 or the hoofball tactics for the same reason that you don't. BUT what I am saying is that this what Pardew believes in and that is why he changes to 442 against better teams and that has nothing to do with Ba. Don't argue with me, go convince Pardew.

Ba is an easy target for the media with his escape clause.  Combine that with a dip in form since Cisse arrived and they have a story.

Ok, he might not like that role particularly and too an extent the jury is out on the best formation still. 

I hope he does not go and for me, I don’t think he will.  Looking at the top 4, City would not go for him, nor would manure, if RVP leaves, maybe Arsenal will and if Tottenham conclude the rumoured approaches, they will not either.

Personally, I would get him signed on a better deal with no clause and put an end to it. I say that with some caution as I would not necessarily want this at the expense of a new striker that I think we need to cover the two of them for ACN.

Demba Ba ‏ @dembabafoot

What a great season we had. I'll miss sjp and the atmosphere for few weeks. Cant wait to step back on the pitch and feel the noise again...

I still don't think there are many clubs out there who would take a risk on him to be honest.

To be honest it could be a blessing that his form dropped towards the end of the season, as it will keep the big clubs away from him.

Guest palnese

"Love it here, laugh at transfer rumours, not about the money" etc. - LEAVES.

The usual footballer shite. Don't think he's any different.

"Not about the money"

:lol:

if it was about the money you'd think he'd listen to what we have to offer.

still think he'll move for footballing reasons.

Aye, exactly my point.

If he wants that exit clause to stay it's more likely be because he wants freedom to move should a big club come in for him. Clause removed and us with bargaining power over fee, along with his knee problem will mean there's very little chance of somebody coming in for him. If it was about the money he'd be listening to our offer and seeing what he could get out of us.

That said - it sounds like quoteless shit stirring from that prick Bird anyway.