Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Good as gone.

Nice and postive then.

As i've said before, IF he goes, lets replace him eh.

7m is alot of money if Cisse is anything to go by.

He's been bollocks since the acon and with another next year while having ramadan and possibly oylimpic games inbetween I really am meh about him leaving. Just a damn shame we couldn't get a full fee: £12m IMO.

Very easily replaced.

Wrong. Demba is a pretty unique, there aren't many strikers who play like him.

He was unplayable before ACON and every bit as impressive as Cisse was towards the end of the season.

You'd be pretty stupid to replace him like for like while our most successful formation doesnt require a player like him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Where would he go, seriouly? I still think we're his level.

Can't see the PSG interest, myself. Surely they'll be looking for bigger and better players.

Personally think technically proficient, powerful, professional and tactically astute forwards with 1 in 2 records in the Premier League might be worth holding onto like.

The blasé attitude to losing a very good player who contributed massively to our best season in nearly a decade is mad if you ask me.

His performance against Stoke away man. For me the best individual performance of the season. His goal against Man United, not many in world football can do that. £7 Million would be an absolute steal for anyone. If we get an equally good replacement for that , we will be very lucky.

Personally think technically proficient, powerful, professional and tactically astute forwards with 1 in 2 records in the Premier League might be worth holding onto like.

The blasé attitude to losing a very good player who contributed massively to our best season in nearly a decade is mad if you ask me.

Absolutely

His performance against Stoke away man. For me the best individual performance of the season. His goal against Man United, not many in world football can do that. £7 Million would be an absolute steal for anyone. If we get an equally good replacement for that , we will be very lucky.

:thup:

People forget how brilliant he was up until February after a poor final 3 months to the season, although even when he wasn't scoring he was still contributing. Definitely don't want to lose Demba, we'd never get a better replacement than £7 million.

Lets not mess about here, if he signs a new deal we will all be delighted.

This, i dont want to see Ba leave in no situation i feel he's a great player and contributed so much to this great season of ours.

I personally was just discussing who i would like to bring in if he were to leave, in no way do i want him to leave though.

Anyone who thinks it will be easy to replace him is not all right in the head tbh, no offense.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah. This whole attitude of "not fussed, get a left winger in". People forget just how good Demba was and will be next year. Fucking brilliant player.

People keep mentioning that Hoilett and Moses would fit our system better.

I disagree. Hoilett in particular while I think he's talented doesn't appear to me to be a particular fit to any system, because he plays the game in his own bubble. Wanders about deserting team shape and position, doesn't offer anything off the ball or going back over defensively and generally just doesn't appear to understand the concepts of a functioning team nevermind a particular system. On MOTD you'll see the stuff he tries coming off but you won't see any of the many times he gives it away through dribbling into an opposition player, playing a poor pass or when he costs the team indirectly simply through not doing the basics off the ball.

Moses is similar but Martinez has got him more well drilled and his work rate off the ball is superior to Hoilett's. I think they're both talented footballers who I'd like to see us bring into the squad if the price was right but I'm not sure why people see them as viable, sure-fire replacements for Ba. Both have lots of faults, are still very raw and are a long way from their peaks as players. Both are also incapable of playing through the middle and don't offer anywhere near the consistent goalthreat that Ba does. Quite simply they're just not as good or as well-rounded a footballer yet as Ba is - not even close, even if on the face of it they might appear to be rounder pegs for the 4-3-3.

I wouldn't want to go into the new season with just Cisse anyway (as an out and out striker). Forget Best and Shola, they can't cover the void that Cisse would leave if he was injured for a long period.

Therefore, should Ba leave we would need another striker regardless of whether we signed a Hoilett or Moses.

Agreed, people seem to think that good players are easy to find.

The setup here is pretty much perfect for Ba imo. Firstly, we have the French contingent (and his fellow countryman with him); secondly, we have the potential to play some really great football with the players we have and finally the fans love him. It really looks like he loves it here too :)

Get him a new contract ASAP!

I stand by this post. Demba's going nowhere and my reasoning is above.

Really don't understand why some people would be content with him leaving. From the posts about him being our best striker since Shearer to what's being said now man! Fickleness ftw eh? Fucking hell.

I don´t even know why you all are discussing this or if there any truths in this. But if it is, well go then Ba. I for one would be very disappointed with his attitude. To be honest I don´t know if he even like it´s here. Pissed offed when subbed and in the last games only playing for scoring, with a very poor overall game. And why should he piss off to another club when we has had a very good season and are building a great team.

I´m not confidence with all the "make Ba feel loved" bit. For me we love all the players that are playing great and is giving there best for the team. Why should everything be about this player? Then it´s better if his gone so we don´t have to build a team around one player that isn´t even our most important player.

Of course I would love him to stay. But not to every cost. For me, most of part, he should be the second chose behind Cisse.

I don´t even know why you all are discussing this or if there any truths in this. But if it is, well go then Ba. I for one would be very disappointed with his attitude. To be honest I don´t know if he even like it´s here. Pissed offed when subbed and in the last games only playing for scoring, with a very poor overall game. And why should he piss off to another club when we has had a very good season and are building a great team.

Don't be so harsh . An attacker lives for goals man.  The man was paired with rubbish the first half of the season and was an attack by himself. That combined with the AC took all his energy. Without him we'd be a mid-table team..