Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Looking for his interview that he did with Geoff Shreeves earlier in the season.  :thup:

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Whenever+I+see+the+gaaay-seal+I+always+feel+the+urge+_2b916002d004b76fb690ffd81bef4778.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/328572

NEWCASTLE STAR DEMBA BA OPENS TALKS WITH TURKISH GIANTS GALATASARAY AND FENERBAHCE

Sunday June 24,2012

By Colin Mafham

NEWCASTLE striker Demba Ba has sparked speculation over his future after opening talks with the Turkish giants Galatasaray and Fenerbahce.

Toon manager Alan Pardew is expected to have a crunch meeting tomorrow with the Senegalese star, who has a £7million buyout clause in his contract.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Tend to agree. A few papers have reported this supposed meeting tomorrow though so it'll be interesting to see if anything comes out of that.

Guest BooBoo

Call it a stereotype but a lot of African players always seem to have a whole host of meddling advisors/hangers on who are always agitating for moves so they can cream their share.

He needs to nail his colours to the mast soon because we don't need another Enrique situation.

My gut feeling is we'll lose him and are already lining up a potential replacement. I'd be sad to see him go but I also think he could be easier to replace than the likes of Tiote or Ben Arfa. His potential for injury and his involvement in the ACoN count against him really. I'm sure he's holding out for a better contract and also keeping his options open for a bigger move but the club will be reluctant to throw big money at him given fears over his knee and his ACoN involvement. They might see it as a lot easier to just replace a player who they see as messing them about. I hope he agrees to sign a new deal and commits but if he's intent on leaving just let him go and bring in a versatile forward who complements Cisse and can play during the ACoN.