Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I do think he loves to be the main man, money will play the most important part imo (as it does with all footballers) but if a club also offers him the chance to be the target I think that would give him something to think about.

Guest VaVaVoom

People that want shot of Ba need their heads testing.

Can't believe how quickly some are ready to underestimate what he did for us last year. Short memories.

It's because we have Cisse. That's why.

(Not saying I agree with them, btw.)

Correct! And Ben Arfa...and Cabaye, Marveaux and Jonas. We have quality in attacking positions.

I just think if we lost Ba its not big deal, i'd be hopefull of a good fresh striker coming in with our scouting record.

Marveaux is a crock and where the fuck are you getting Cabaye and Jonas in regards to replacing Ba? :lol:

Colo is pretty good as well, quite like the look of that Santon and Krul is a pretty good keeper so we can fuck that Ba right off.

No i said replace Ba with a young striker or better if possible, someone who can play wide left.

The other players were in reference to us having a good amount of quality in "attacking positions". We will get goals. We didnt miss Ba's goals in the run in, we wont miss them now. Why not try and improve?

Just my fuckin point of view like...

If we want to improve we need to improve as a SQUAD, not just replace one (of two) forwards with another who MIGHT perform better in a certain position.

You actually suggested putting Sammy there ahead of Ba which is fucking mental, if you ask me anyway...

Like i have also said...If Ba can accept that role and do well in it then i'd of course want him to stay. I just think this system is the best for us, its modern football stepping away from 442 whilst having that as a backup system. Its just 442 is fading out and our current style fits into the new european brand of football that the EL/CL bring.

If Ba wont accept that role then he can move on. End of the day this is the issue why he may or may not want to leave or at least be open to offers.

Sameobi out on the left would be a gamble but one which could work out. He looks suited to that role and it would be justification of our transfer policy with younger players, having one in our starting 11.

Yes Ideally we could get another versatile striker as well as Ba, but the problem still remains. Do we go back to 442 keeping Ba happy playing centrally or do try to improve our brand of football using players in there best/prefered positions.

I do think he loves to be the main man, money will play the most important part imo (as it does with all footballers) but if a club also offers him the chance to be the target I think that would give him something to think about.

Muslim country also.

Maybe greggs is frowned upon in islam, so he's off.

Guest VaVaVoom

Muslim country also.

Maybe greggs is frowned upon in islam, so he's off.

Still think theres a lot to come in this situation. Turkey would be a sound allround move for him to be honest.

Muslim county, warmer weather, more money and champions league football.

Im desperate for us to keep Ba and add to the squad, but IF he was to leave and we had the possibility to replace him with Remy then our team would improve. We need many players so i hope to god we can keep the one's we've got and add a few.

I don't think Demba cares that much about the Muslim country factor. Watch the interview he did for that Islamic channel and it's clear to see that he's happy here. (from a religious perspective.)

Pardew mentioned last season about us creating a prayer room at the training ground. Perhaps we haven't done it!!!!!!!!11111111111111 ZOMG

Guest VaVaVoom

Im desperate for us to keep Ba and add to the squad, but IF he was to leave and we had the possibility to replace him with Remy then our team would improve. We need many players so i hope to god we can keep the one's we've got and add a few.

Yes or Guidetti amongst others.

It would be for the greater good for the team too.

Meaning we could use Jonas in the wide left position rotating with Barfa. Cisse the main man. Three CM's Cabaye, Tiote and someone else. Thats another solid attacking line-up in this system which doesnt involve Ba.

We really wouldnt miss him too much.

I don't think Demba cares that much about the Muslim country factor. Watch the interview he did for that Islamic channel and it's clear to see that he's happy here. (from a religious perspective.)

Pardew mentioned last season about us creating a prayer room at the training ground. Perhaps we haven't done it!!!!!!!!11111111111111 ZOMG

Really? Where? :lol:

Guest VaVaVoom

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2140137/Alan-Pardew-says-religion-played-big-Newcastles-success.html

Sounds like this Remy would cost at least twice as much as we would get for Ba, that's £7m out of our budget straight away. We aren't going to go mental so unless we are planning on selling someone like Tiote then we are going to struggle to add depth to the squad by selling Ba.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2140137/Alan-Pardew-says-religion-played-big-Newcastles-success.html

Cheers. I missed that.

Nice touch anyway. :thup:

Meaning we could use Jonas in the wide left position rotating with Barfa. Cisse the main man. Three CM's Cabaye, Tiote and someone else. Thats another solid attacking line-up in this system which doesnt involve Ba.

Guidetti amongst others? Guidetti wouldn't. And imo we would miss him cause if we lose Ba we'll have to buy 2 quality strikers and there is'nt many out there we could afford/attract, never mind two.

Sounds like this Remy would cost at least twice as much as we would get for Ba, that's £7m out of our budget straight away. We aren't going to go mental so unless we are planning on selling someone like Tiote then we are going to struggle to add depth to the squad by selling Ba.

True, depends on which level we're aiming at i guess (Carroll)

So it's Cisse, Ba, Shola for the season. We already need a striker and you still say it's no big deal if Ba goes. Remy/Guidetti are not likely to come and would probably need the time to settle in anyway. We have EL and hopefully longer cup runs next season and there's absolutely zero chance we can get through the season with Cisse, Shola and Remy/Guidetti.

Meaning we could use Jonas in the wide left position rotating with Barfa.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

That would also leave us with Cisse and Shola (:anguish:) as our only strikers. :anguish:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/anguish.gif

Meaning we could use Jonas in the wide left position rotating with Barfa.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

That would also leave us with only Cisse and Shola (:anguish:) as our only strikers. :anguish:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/anguish.gif

we've been trying to bring one in, just seems more likely if ba leaves.