Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Newcastle United powerless to keep Demba Ba admits Alan Pardew

NDTVSports.com-22 minutes ago

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew admitted on Thursday that his club are powerless to keep Demba Ba if the Senegal striker wants to quit St James' Park.

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/leagues/epl/news/item/200981-newcastle-united-powerless-to-keep-demba-ba-admits-alan-pardew

Might be better off if we stopped telling the world :lol:

He wants him gone ASAP so he can get on with what he's got and possibly sign a replacement.

Exactly, it wouldn't be worth mentioning else. It's pretty much inviting bids.

Demba Ba tells Newcastle manager transfer talk got lost in translation

• Interview suggested transfer to Arsenal was attractive

• Striker's contract contains a £7m release clause

Louise Taylor

The Guardian, Thursday 20 December 2012 18.12 GMT

The Newcastle manager said there would be no disciplinary process against Demba Ba for his interview. Photo: Ian Horrocks/Newcastle via Getty

Alan Pardew will not be fining Demba Ba after holding private talks about loyalty with theNewcastle United forward. Ba told his manager that an interview he gave to a French broadcaster earlier this week which apparently suggested a January transfer to Arsenal represented an attractive proposition got lost in translation.

The Senegal striker's contract contains a £7m release clause that can be activated in January and Pardew is disappointed that Ba – the scorer of 11 goals this season – has so far declined Newcastle's offer of a new deal. While £7m for Ba would normally appear a bargain, a degenerative knee condition which dictates the player will not pass a standard medical could yet see a 27-year-old seeking to double his current £40,000 a week wages remaining on Tyneside.

"It's unfortunate that the contract he has raises a lot of questions," said Pardew who concedes, that with assorted representatives touting the striker's name not just in England but across the world, the matter is effectively out of his hands.

"It would be disappointing for Demba to leave in this window for this club and for his team-mates here, but the decision will be his, ultimately, because that clause is there," said Newcastle's manager. "But Demba's work-rate and commitment to the team I don't fault. There will be no disciplinary process against him; his interview in France was not translated correctly. I've got no problem with anything he said."

While Pardew also confirmed that the club are looking to sign Loïc Rémy, the Marseilles striker next month, his immediate priority is securing win at home to QPR on Saturday. After a run of five defeats in the last six Premier League games and one win in the past 11 improvement is regarded as imperative. "We haven't won enough games," said Pardew. "We have got to start winning and we have got to start showing that we want to win."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/20/demba-ba-newcastle-alan-pardew

Might be better off if we stopped telling the world :lol:

He wants him gone ASAP so he can get on with what he's got and possibly sign a replacement.

Exactly, it wouldn't be worth mentioning else. It's pretty much inviting bids.

I really don't think clubs do their scouting and what not via The Sun newspaper. As mentioned in the article Skirge posted Ba's representatives will be letting everyone know what is required to get 'their' player.

Guest Slippery Sam

He is a disruptive factor. To let his contract stay like this is a big gamble taken by the club and it has to stop.

The contract and his staying/going is all down to his dodgy knee.  Everyone who might want him would want him on their terms only and will be terrified of getting caught out financially if he broke down completely.  I'm guessing he will go, but get the same terms has he's on here but with extra dough involved (something NUFC wont match).

Never mind we can all take consolation with Ashleys excitment at the prospect of that lovely £7.5M nestling in the back of the bank vault

Yeah, I'm sure he's delighted he can't get his star striker to sign a new contract, and end up losing him for considerably less than it might cost for a replacement.

Guest WashyGeordie

If the interview was translated incorrectly how come the french speakers on here said the same as what's been reported?

'cos it's all a load of bollocks..?

I don't think it was a load of bollocks (one of those translated was Sifu who definitely isn't a stirrer) but we can misinterpret things in our own language, translating from a language that isn't your first could quite conceivably not get it quite right.

Never mind we can all take consolation with Ashleys excitment at the prospect of that lovely £7.5M nestling in the back of the bank vault

Yeah, I'm sure he's delighted he can't get his star striker to sign a new contract, and end up losing him for considerably less than it might cost for a replacement.

If you like Mike Ashley so much why don't you just marry him?

:lol:

:lol: