Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I'd accept £7m plus Michu from Swansea tbh.

Michu for Ba would be ideal. He could play behind Cisse in an intelligent manner.

Messi for Ba would be ideal and equally as realistic.

Equally? :lol:

Yes, as in 0% chance of it happening.

It's highly unlikely but 0 per cent isn't true. They're worth vaguely similar amounts of money for a start. Didn't you used to be an easy going Dutchman btw, what's going on with you? :lol:

Semantics, both won't happen. As for your second comment, I'm just unhappy about this happy go lucky place going to waste due to all the negativity. We finished fifth last season, are in Europe, have a good core of players and finally some stability. We're in a bit of a rut at the moment, but it appears to me many regular posters on here are desperate for things to fall apart so they can say I told you so.

I'd accept £7m plus Michu from Swansea tbh.

Michu for Ba would be ideal. He could play behind Cisse in an intelligent manner.

Messi for Ba would be ideal and equally as realistic.

Equally? :lol:

Yes, as in 0% chance of it happening.

It's highly unlikely but 0 per cent isn't true. They're worth vaguely similar amounts of money for a start. Didn't you used to be an easy going Dutchman btw, what's going on with you? :lol:

Semantics, both won't happen. As for your second comment, I'm just unhappy about this happy go lucky place going to waste due to all the negativity. We finished fifth last season, are in Europe, have a good core of players and finally some stability. We're in a bit of a rut at the moment, but it appears to me many regular posters on here are desperate for things to fall apart so they can say I told you so.

If Swansea decided they really wanted Ba and we said we wanted Michu in return then it could happen.

In fact I'm revising my statement.  I am 95% sure it will happen.  On January 11th.

Also, this place has never been happy-go-lucky. :lol:

In what world is going from 5th to a current 14th place classed as stability?

In what world is going from 5th to a current 14th place classed as stability?

Exactly the kind of short-termist defeatism I'm on about. Didn't you call me delusional a couple of days ago for refusing to say we were realistically in a relegation battle?

Exactly the kind of short-termist defeatism I'm on about. Didn't you call me delusional a couple of days ago for refusing to say we were realistically in a relegation battle?

Short term :lol: when does it become long term?

We are in a relegation battle so probably.

Guest bimpy474

Michu is the kind of signing we're supposed to be geared towards making. The fact Swansea got him for £2m (perfect for our penny pinching owner) makes it even worse.

That was down to Laudrup though, his knowledge of players is far better than Pardew's i would think in Spain. Our manager picked Obertan.....brilliant :(

Michu is the kind of signing we're supposed to be geared towards making. The fact Swansea got him for £2m (perfect for our penny pinching owner) makes it even worse.

That was down to Laudrup though, his knowledge of players is far better than Pardew's i would think in Spain. Our manager picked Obertan.....brilliant :(

Surely our scout picks the players and it hasn't done us too badly given our budget?

Guest bimpy474

Surely our scout picks the players and it hasn't done us too badly given our budget?

I was more taking the mick there about the quailities of Pardew's pick to the qualities of Laudrup's.

We've been looking in France mainly it would seem and have done quite well as you said. Tbf to Pardew it does seem as if we are looking further afield now but are way behind other clubs in that respect.

Howay Jon man you know the score the manager when he's doing well does the transfers, when he's doing bad he is only responsible the shite players and has nothing to do with the others. People said exactly the same about Hughton when Kevin Nolan was manager.

Howay Jon man you know the score the manager when he's doing well does the transfers, when he's doing bad he is only responsible the shite players and has nothing to do with the others. People said exactly the same about Hughton when Kevin Nolan was manager.

:lol: :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Err no. Wrong end of the shitty stick there mate.

Howay Jon man you know the score the manager when he's doing well does the transfers, when he's doing bad he is only responsible the s**** players and has nothing to do with the others. People said exactly the same about Hughton when Kevin Nolan was manager.

And Obertan has heaped praise on manager Pardew for the way in which he has kept his cheaply constructed team challenging in the top flight.  He said: '[Pardew] had been following me for a long time. He thought I'd fit in well with the football the team plays, and he really pushed to get me here, even though the negotiations lasted a while.

'It really made me feel I had the confidence of the club and the manager, so I knew it was the right thing to do.

Howay Jon man you know the score the manager when he's doing well does the transfers, when he's doing bad he is only responsible the s**** players and has nothing to do with the others. People said exactly the same about Hughton when Kevin Nolan was manager.

And Obertan has heaped praise on manager Pardew for the way in which he has kept his cheaply constructed team challenging in the top flight.  He said: '[Pardew] had been following me for a long time. He thought I'd fit in well with the football the team plays, and he really pushed to get me here, even though the negotiations lasted a while.

'It really made me feel I had the confidence of the club and the manager, so I knew it was the right thing to do.

There was talk of Liverpool and Arsenal but Newcastle were the club who made the move for me and I really like Alan Pardew’s strategy and how he told me he wants to play.

I'm sure there is more from others too if I could be arsed too look.

He's no saint but IMO the last thing you bash Pardew on is the players we've actually brought in, it's the ones we haven't that are the problem. Anyway, this isn't the right thread for it.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew getting stick because Swansea have managed to pick up a player from abroad who has done well? This place at the moment :lol:

He wasn't getting stick for that. Might be an idea to actually read the posts....This place indeed  :shifty:

Pardew getting stick because Swansea have managed to pick up a player from abroad who has done well? This place at the moment :lol:

He wasn't getting stick for that. Might be an idea to actually read the posts....This place indeed  :shifty:

Then what the flying fuck was this all about:

There was talk of Liverpool and Arsenal but Newcastle were the club who made the move for me and I really like Alan Pardew’s strategy and how he told me he wants to play.

I'm sure there is more from others too if I could be arsed too look.

He's no saint but IMO the last thing you bash Pardew on is the players we've actually brought in, it's the ones we haven't that are the problem. Anyway, this isn't the right thread for it.

I wasn't bashiing him about anything, I remembered the quote and found it.

Guest bimpy474

Then what the flying fuck was this all about:

Next post to Cajun......was, i was just taking the pee about Laudrup's pick being Michu and Pardew's was Obertan......about their shared ability to spot a good player. And also if you read that post, it says tbf to Pardew he is trying to put a decent scouting network in place.

Also i said that Laudrup's insider knowledge would have secured Michu....whereas Pardew wouldn't have the same knowledge of Spain having not managed there.

So a joke about Pardew picking Obertan to Laudrup's Mchu means he is getting stick about Swansea signing Michu does it.......righto  :idiot2: