Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Good riddance anyway... he was a moody f***er who celebrated his goals alone, hogged the ball, forced Cisse wide and prevented HIM from scoring the goals and of course he's a greedy b****** too. Oh and his all-round play isn't all that anyway.

:rolleyes:

Never mind eh, he's only the best centre-forward we've had since Shearer and the only player since capable of 20 a season.

Whatever the ins and outs of his contract, the clause, his demands etc. what his departure reveals is what we already know under these c***s, we will never be able to keep hold of our better players or compete with even mid ranking clubs in terms of wages and transfers and thus we will forever be a nothing club going nowhere. Big gates, the odd decent season but overall mid-table nothingness.

Only this time, with the heart and soul of the club traded for plastic signage, stadium renaming farces and fans' loyalty taking for granted.

Good luck to Demba, he arrived here on a free, scored goals and worked his socks off. Without his goals this season we would be up s*** creek and unless we replace him or Cisse takes over the scoring from him, we could be looking at another relegation.

But hey... at least we haven't sold ALL of our purple players, so thanks Mike.

f*** off!

I get the gist of it, but he was never wanting to stay here long term. He engineered a move out of Hoffenheim, came to us with that ludicrous clause (cause he held all the cards and wanted a buying club not to be held to ransom) and now will be getting is one last big pay off. Nobody can begrude a player a chance to secure income for later life but to make out he we could have kept him is false imo.

We'll never know for certain whether Ba could have been convinced to sign a contract without the clause as none of us are privy to information regarding the contract negotiations that went on. What we do know for certain is that Ashley has stopped investing in the club after the first two seasons or so, despite his promise of a yearly investment of 20 million. There are a lot of things to applaud in our approach to finances, but ultimately we are doomed for midtable mediocrity as long as we can't compete for players with the clubs above us.

He forced his way out of Hoffenheim, forced his way out of West Ham and is forcing his way out of Newcastle.

He's an excellent player and I'm gutted he's leaving, by let's not kid ourselves - this was always coming. He's going because of the release clause and we only put it there because he probably wouldn't have come otherwise.

I'll blame NUFC if we fail to get a replacement, i don't blame them for him leaving.

These are my exact thoughts, I don't really blame him for going to Chelsea to be honest, hes approaching the business end of his career and most likely wants to win something before he retires, and lets face it that chances of him doing that here are extremely unlikely.

No animosity from me, we put the clause there in the first place it was inevitable.

At least we won't have to put up with Pardew talking about it every press conference any more. :lol:

Unless he picks another player to pimp out.

The Pardew pimp out poll? :lol:

i would vote the player with the shortest contract after ba is next up.

Ba has never scored 20 a season in his career :lol:

And losing a player to Chelsea that had a 7.5m clause in his contract doesn't prove that we are nothing club either.

As far as i recall we didn't sell any players in the summer despite plenty of interest....

Yes we sold Carroll for 35m and Enrique when he has 12 months to run but this selling club s*** blah blah has got to stop.

We have no control over this situation as Ba has a release clause and if we were a selling club the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote etc etc would have been sold in the summer and we wouldn't have gave long term contracts to likes of Colo and Krul.

But hey keep peddling the same old tired crap to support your agenda.

He forced his way out of Hoffenheim, forced his way out of West Ham and is forcing his way out of Newcastle.

He's an excellent player and I'm gutted he's leaving, by let's not kid ourselves - this was always coming. He's going because of the release clause and we only put it there because he probably wouldn't have come otherwise.

I'll blame NUFC if we fail to get a replacement, i don't blame them for him leaving.

At the end at Hoffenheim he was very disruptive iirc. Refusing to train and so on...Not glad he's gone, but if there are replacements -  looking forward to getting back to football related stuff rather than what Ba thinks this week about world events.

And losing a player to Chelsea that had a 7.5m clause in his contract doesn't prove that we are nothing club either.

As far as i recall we didn't sell any players in the summer despite plenty of interest....

Yes we sold Carroll for 35m and Enrique when he has 12 months to run but this selling club s*** blah blah has got to stop.

We have no control over this situation as Ba has a release clause and if we were a selling club the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote etc etc would have been sold in the summer and we wouldn't have gave long term contracts to likes of Colo and Krul.

We're not a selling club, we're a penny pinching club.

Ba going to Chelsea confirms we can't compete with mid ranking clubs, fantastic logic as usual..

Well, that part was a bit strange in the context of a Demba Ba to Chelsea thread, but not factually incorrect when you consider our transfer spending and wage ceiling compared to Premiership mid ranking clubs.

I'm not going to get into the whole discussion about who we can or can't compete with other than to say its all opinion rather than fact (I mean what is our wage ceiling exactly?).  I'm just pointing out that whether you believe we can compete or not Ba going to Chelsea neither proves or disproves anything of the sort.

Good riddance anyway... he was a moody f***er who celebrated his goals alone, hogged the ball, forced Cisse wide and prevented HIM from scoring the goals and of course he's a greedy b****** too. Oh and his all-round play isn't all that anyway.

Never mind eh, he's only the best centre-forward we've had since Shearer and the only player since capable of 20 a season.

Whatever the ins and outs of his contract, the clause, his demands etc. what his departure reveals is what we already know under these c***s, we will never be able to keep hold of our better players or compete with even mid ranking clubs in terms of wages and transfers and thus we will forever be a nothing club going nowhere. Big gates, the odd decent season but overall mid-table nothingness.

Only this time, with the heart and soul of the club traded for plastic signage, stadium renaming farces and fans' loyalty taking for granted.

Good luck to Demba, he arrived here on a free, scored goals and worked his socks off. Without his goals this season we would be up s*** creek and unless we replace him or Cisse takes over the scoring from him, we could be looking at another relegation.

f*** off!

I get the gist of it, but he was never wanting to stay here long term. He engineered a move out of Hoffenheim, came to us with that ludicrous clause (cause he held all the cards and wanted a buying club not to be held to ransom) and now will be getting is one last big pay off. Nobody can begrude a player a chance to secure income for later life but to make out he we could have kept him is false imo.

We'll never know for certain whether Ba could have been convinced to sign a contract without the clause as none of us are privy to information regarding the contract negotiations that went on. What we do know for certain is that Ashley has stopped investing in the club after the first two seasons or so, despite his promise of a yearly investment of 20 million. There are a lot of things to applaud in our approach to finances, but ultimately we are doomed for midtable mediocrity as long as we can't compete for players with the clubs above us.

We also know that no one else has stumped up the money to buy the club and invest more money. Ashley's the owner, until someone else wants it more, we might as well get used to it.

f*** off!

In this instance it's foohardy to give a player with a dodgy knee a 80k 3 year deal or thereabouts. That's the long and short of it.

He fails his medical MA & DL will toss off alover his face... sign that fker

I actually wouldn't want him to fail his medical or for the transfer to fall through because of anything other then Ba deciding he genuinely wants to stay.  It would only mean this shit hanging over us for another 6 months.

Guest Howaythetoon

f*** off!

I reckon he would have loved to have stayed here long term but we will not and never will pay the going rate in terms of transfer fee or wages so as long as these c***s are in charge . Meaning we will always see our better players leave. These c***s are penny pincher's in the extreme. Great if you are running a f***ing sports retail shop, but a football club where sometimes just sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate?

The sad thing is, we will probably have to spend in excess of £10m to replace Ba plus wages and even then that will not guarantee a player of his calibre nor the goals return he brought. Why not just allocate that kind of money towards Ba's wages?!

Regardless, its a futile thing because we have an owner and an MD who has no clue whatsoever about football and a manager who isn't far behind.

Ba will not be the last top player to leave us.

He'd scored 16 by February last year then got pushed out onto the wing (where we've learned from Cisse you can't possibly score from :iamatwat: ). He'd have had 4 more in 4 months in his favourite position.

He's got 13 by January this season and would definitely have had/will have 7 more in the next 5 and a half months.

And the selling club stuff is true as they've barely paid a transfer fee without it being paid for by someone else.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm glad the club stuck to their guns

3 year deal on 80k a week is a 12 million outlay on someone who is uninsurable!

Oh for arguments sake Remy... 10m transfer fee plus 30K a week over 5 years... you do the maths.

As for uninsurable... how the fuck do you know that?

I reckon he would have loved to have stayed here long term but we will not and never will pay the going rate in terms of transfer fee or wages so as long as these c***s are in charge . Meaning we will always see our better players leave. These c***s are penny pincher's in the extreme. Great if you are running a f***ing sports retail shop, but a football club where sometimes just sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate?

The sad thing is, we will probably have to spend in excess of £10m to replace Ba plus wages and even then that will not guarantee a player of his calibre nor the goals return he brought. Why not just allocate that kind of money towards Ba's wages?!

Regardless, its a futile thing because we have an owner and an MD who has no clue whatsoever about football and a manager who isn't far behind.

Ba will not be the last top player to leave us.

You reckon eh, ok.

He'd scored 16 by February last year then got pushed out onto the wing (where we've learned from Cisse you can't possibly score from :iamatwat: ). He'd have had 4 more in 4 months in his favourite position.

He's got 13 by January this season and would definitely have had/will have 7 more in the next 5 and a half months.

And the selling club stuff is true as they've barely paid a transfer fee without it being paid for by someone else.

On paper it does show that but we've been very clever with our purchases/signings. Would people rather we went out and paid over the odds for a players just to show we aren't a selling club. We tried that before and it nearly finished the club.