Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If this deal has fallen through then I hope he is dropped until he commits to a new contract without a release clause, but also still within our wage structure.

He can play on the wing until he leaves as far as I'm concerned.

Can't see that ending well.

And what exactly would 'end well?'

If this deal has fallen through then I hope he is dropped until he commits to a new contract without a release clause, but also still within our wage structure.

:lol: Nothing

So what difference does it make if we shove him on the wing? We need Cisse to re-discover his goal scoring touch for when Ba fucks off to whoever shows him the money.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Seems like everyone wants him to go now, regardless of his goals. Different story yesterday.  :lol:

HTT hasn't got up yet!

PSG possibly? Although you'd imagine they could buy better strikers than him.

Just wish this was resolved one way or another, has been tedious with all the speculation every window since he joined

They already have a better striker than him and i can't see them playing with 2 strikers tbh, he would sit on the bench.

PSG possibly? Although you'd imagine they could buy better strikers than him.

Just wish this was resolved one way or another, has been tedious with all the speculation every window since he joined

Can't see PSG being interested in him. Unless Ibra feels like playing on the wing.

Seems like everyone wants him to go now, regardless of his goals. Different story yesterday.  :lol:

I don't want him to go, but the bridges are probably burnt now. If the uncertainty was causing problems before, it certainly will be now. If he's going to go, we need it over and done with ASAP.

So what difference does it make if we shove him on the wing? We need Cisse to re-discover his goal scoring touch for when Ba f***s off to whoever shows him the money.

I know, it's tough. But if we stick him out wide is he really going to bother trying all that much? At least through the middle he will play well to try and get a move away, doing well for us in the meantime. May be a case of don't play him. Marv on the left, HBA on the right when fit, if we can afford to do that.

Not sure how a peeved off Ba having not got a move, then stuck out on the left, not able to be main man etc would work for the team as a whole. I can see it being counter productive in the end. Hope not, though.

I don't want him to go, but the bridges are probably burnt now. If the uncertainty was causing problems before, it certainly will be now. If he's going to go, we need it over and done with ASAP.

:thup:

Would love him to stay but he has to sign a new deal without the clause, mind we can't force him out he may stay and leave on a free. If he cannot agree terms with Chelsea no way what we are offering will good enough.

this, plus if he spends january talking to clubs then doesn't leave what position does that put us in for the rest of the season?  can see no way pardew would drop him or change his place therefore progress on the pitch itself will likely be harder to achieve

at the moment we have 1 individual succeeding while the team fails, we need to swap that around fast

So what difference does it make if we shove him on the wing? We need Cisse to re-discover his goal scoring touch for when Ba f***s off to whoever shows him the money.

I know, it's tough. But if we stick him out wide is he really going to bother trying all that much? At least through the middle he will play well to try and get a move away, doing well for us in the meantime. May be a case of don't play him. Marv on the left, HBA on the right when fit, if we can afford to do that.

Not sure how a peeved off Ba having not got a move, then stuck out on the left, not able to be main man etc would work for the team as a whole. I can see it being counter productive in the end. Hope not, though.

Might teach him some humility which finally sees him lower his demands to get a move to another club

He maybe a mercenary cunt, but he has been highly effective here for us, and far for less fees and salary than any other top striker at this club since Shearer.

He should play unless there is another serious offer on the table. We need him to score, Everton will be a tragically tough game and look what Demba salvaged us away at their ground early in the season.

For me very little has changed. He wanted away before this Chelsea news, his agents have been doing all they can before this to make it happen. I want to see Cisse in the middle and we won't replace him till he's gone. All this was applicable yesterday, the difference is minor IMO.

People are now just worried well be stuck with him and changed their stance. Not as easy to be stuck up his arse today (not aimed at you btw - I can't remember your stance tbh) when his greed shows its face without any doubt and to a detrimental effect towards the club. Is always been that way btw.

Might teach him some humility which finally sees him lower his demands to get a move to another club

:yao:

It is very disappointing to think that he wants to leave. After becoming such an icon last season and this season you would think he's made a home for himself, but his agent is clearly in his ear at every opportunity. Demba's got pretty much everything he could want at NUFC, despite the club having a very rough season this time out.

If his agent was telling him that he thinks he should move because he's at a club with little ambition then fair enough, I can understand that, but if it's for the money and Demba agrees with that then that is deeply, deeply disappointing.

And as for this knee theory, I'm not a medical expert but I think the media have blown it so far out of proportion. As Ba said himself, we're all a 'ticking timebomb'. Any players knee could go at any time; one freak tackle or awkward landing and that's their season/career over. Look at Ryan Taylor, I don't remember anyone tipping him for knee trouble. I do appreciate that he's getting on with age but its certainly not something that I'm concerned about.

As much as I detest mercenaries and players using clubs as 'stepping stones' I will be gutted if we lose Demba as he is such a quality player and he'll be a huge miss in a vital period in the clubs season and potentially recent history. Modern football is fucking bollocks.