Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Mercenary or not, you could never once accuse Ba of going through the motions, unlike plenty of others. He was brilliant for us right up to the end, when he got a brace in his last game.

Mercenary or not, you could never once accuse Ba of going through the motions, unlike plenty of others. He was brilliant for us right up to the end, when he got a brace in his last game.

He had a couple of awful patches tbf. Particularly when he first signed and also during Cisse's first 6 months.

Was mostly good, though.

He had a couple of awful patches tbf. Particularly when he first signed and also during Cisse's first 6 months.

Was mostly good, though.

Far from awful in those 6 months. Was fairly effective being played out of position, even if the goals weren't flowing.

Was mostly good, though.

Far from awful in those 6 months. Was fairly effective being played out of position, even if the goals weren't flowing.

Maybe awful is an overstatement but he was the player I had the least faith in producing something in the final third during that time.

He always seemed to play for himself which has never really sat right with me, and as a result I've never really had any attachment to him.

Guest reefatoon

Totally right Joeyt. I do not remember him being awful like. I do remember him getting some undue stick, which i thought was bizarre.

Can't watch that more than once! It's amazing how the body can heal itself with the help of how advanced hospitals are now to be able to run on that leg again.

My favourite memory of him is the goal he got against manure in the 3-0 and he's best striker we have had in the last 12 years. Hope he makes a full recovery!

When he first came wasn't his poor form down to it being Ramadan at the time? Scored two hat-tricks not long after Ramadan had finished iirc

Cajun was proud as punch when he emphatically silenced his naysayers post-Ramadan. :) Fantastic player. Hope he gets better soon.

Find it difficult to have too much sympathy for a player who left us in a relegation struggle to go and sit on Chelsea's bench, like. Hell of a player, obviously. You could put Ba in a Conference side up against Barcelona and he'd find a way to get on the scoresheet. He should've had a better career in truth.

How would they even go about the process of repairing that?

internal and possibly external metalwork- the healing pain after that is absolutely unbearable- like ouyr leg is being crushed in a massive vice.

How would they even go about the process of repairing that?

internal and possibly external metalwork- the healing pain after that is absolutely unbearable- like ouyr leg is being crushed in a massive vice.

Scratch it a couple of times and it'll be fine.

What would it be like short term as in tonight and next day or two? Just unbearable pain or just morphined up to the eyeballs while they decide how to operate?

possibly- may have to wait for some swelling to reduce before they will operate,  doubt they will be letting him feel anything now- but post op when they wean him off the morphine- knack.