Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I dunno what planet you are all on where you reckon Ba is a better goalscorer than Remy like. Beats me.

Agree!

Ba was only better at being a bit more physical, and so looked more functional alone upfront in Pardew's horror ball.

Remy is streets ahead in every department IMO.

They both had extremely similar goal scoring records here as far as goals per game (Ba 29 in 54 and Remy 14 in 26).  Only difference is Ba showed it over more games.  Hardly outlandish for some people to think Ba was the better goal scorer like, no more than it would be to say Remy was.

Guest firetotheworks

They both had extremely similar goal scoring records here as far as goals per game (Ba 29 in 54 and Remy 14 in 26).  Only difference is Ba showed it over more games.  Hardly outlandish for some people to think Ba was the better goal scorer like, no more than it would be to say Remy was.

Wey it is because you've just said they're really similar :lol: So why are people saying it? Makes absolutely no sense at all, their records are nigh on the same and both went to Chelsea and have scored exactly the same amount in the same amount of games. :lol: Remy has been pretty much 1 in 2 the entire time he's been in the Premier League, yet somehow Ba is the best goalscorer we've had since Shearer despite his record being the same as Remy's who is a far better all-round player as well? It makes absolutely no sense.

Guest firetotheworks

Remy was much more effective coming in from the wing than as a striker when he was here IIRC

Being effective on the wings under Pardew is one of the highest compliments you can pay a player.

Wey it is because you've just said they're really similar :lol: So why are people saying it? Makes absolutely no sense at all, their records are nigh on the same and both went to Chelsea and have scored exactly the same amount in the same amount of games. :lol: Remy has been pretty much 1 in 2 the entire time he's been in the Premier League, yet somehow Ba is the best goalscorer we've had since Shearer despite his record being the same as Remy's who is a far better all-round player as well? It makes absolutely no sense.

They're very similar as far as their scoring record but I think Ba edged it purely in that department, that's just my opinion, not sure what the issue is with that..  As I said its so close that some will think Ba was the better goal scorer and some will think Remy, and either is fine.  Neither opinion makes you from another planet :lol:  Which was the point of my post.

I liked Ba a lot more, too. I expected him to score against whoever we were playing and most times he did. He scored some spectacular goals here and they'd pop out of nowhere like the one against Spurs. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Remy was good but he was injured a lot and only really scored against poor opposition. Also, he got three braces for us - Stoke(9 men) Cardiff and Hull so his ratio doesn't mean much when you take this into consideration.

I liked Ba a lot more, too. I expected him to score against whoever we were playing and most times he did. He scored some spectacular goals here and they'd pop out of nowhere like the one against Spurs. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Remy was good but he was injured a lot and only really scored against poor opposition. Also, he got three braces for us - Stoke(9 men) Cardiff and Hull so his ratio doesn't mean much when you take this into consideration.

Aye, such a huge lift to know you have a player who can score out of nowt. We always had a chance of winning when Ba was in the team no matter how bad we played.

Totally Agree. Just remembered that kick off earlier this season when he hit the crossbar. He's capable of things like that.

Don't remind me as I had £10 on him to score first! It was vs Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier!

Ba's goal ratio also includes a run of a dozen or so games in the middle where he couldn't hit a barn door.  in that period nobody complained about this apparent lack of 'all round game'.

I've said this before but Ba seemed like a leader in the dressing room. He also lead on the pitch.  It feels like more of his goals counted than Remy's. More openers.  More goals to earn us draws and wins.

I think the same would be true of his time at Chelsea.  Although they had a disappointing season, The Slip and the late winner against PSG would be highlights. 

I reckon The Slip, goal and subsequent 'Praise be to Allah' celebration is a top 10 PL moment. The celebration makes it seem like it Was written that Stevie Gerrard would not win the league title. And Ba had simply manifested God's Will.

I reckon The Slip, goal and subsequent 'Praise be to Allah' celebration is a top 10 PL moment. The celebration makes it seem like it Was written that Stevie Gerrard would not win the league title. And Ba had simply manifested God's Will.

What a weird thing to say

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/demba-ba-papiss-cisse-360.jpg

One of the last times I felt anything for this club.  Felt like the start of something great.

Odd as fuck you lad

Guest firetotheworks

Ba's goal ratio also includes a run of a dozen or so games in the middle where he couldn't hit a barn door.  in that period nobody complained about this apparent lack of 'all round game'.

I've said this before but Ba seemed like a leader in the dressing room. He also lead on the pitch.  It feels like more of his goals counted than Remy's. More openers.  More goals to earn us draws and wins.

I think the same would be true of his time at Chelsea.  Although they had a disappointing season, The Slip and the late winner against PSG would be highlights. 

I don't think people really think about Ba when they think about Gerrard slipping tbf, it's all about Gerrard.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/demba-ba-papiss-cisse-360.jpg

One of the last times I felt anything for this club.  Felt like the start of something great.

What a day that was man, I really thought this club was going to be a force after that day and "that" 6 game run. Really did. What a fanny I was.

What a day that was man, I really thought this club was going to be a force after that day and "that" 6 game run. Really did. What a fanny I was.

:lol: Nice.

Was brilliant for some reason I bet Ba fgs & 2-1 and Cisse last goal and 2-1