Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Happy with Ba as second striker. Get a 'quality' one in and we're sorted up front. :)

Guest pont-toon

I do think you are doing well on the transfer front and he is going about it the right way, polar opposites to what Shepperd was.

We could do with another ba in the garage !

Is it me or is Ashleys shrewd Business head really starting to pay dividends with the transfers we make?

Well for the price of a Henderson, we have got a:

Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba*, Gosling, Best, Simpson, Williamson.

With around £5m left to stick on black.

Not bad :lol:

*If he does sign.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

As long as we sign another striker, I'm quite happy with this. Somewhat risky with that knee, but it's on a free, so I'm not too worried.

I'd be surprised if we haven't put some kind of clause in there.

Ba looks.................................a canny player.

These aren't too bad. I can think of a lot worse along the lines of Ba Ba...etc, but I don't want to incur flatline-esque ban calls.

As long as we sign another striker, I'm quite happy with this. Somewhat risky with that knee, but it's on a free, so I'm not too worried.

I'd be surprised if we haven't put some kind of clause in there.

Probably right, I hope so, at least.

Guest sicko2ndbest

About £5m spent on significantly upgrading our midfield and striking options with two months to go. Promising.

And we still have 30 million burning a hole

;)

Stoke boss Tony Pulis believes Demba Ba is a ticking timebomb after West Ham agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal for the Senegal striker.

Ba’s £7.1million move to Stoke collapsed when he failed a medical because of a knee injury, and Pulis said he could not have continued in good faith.

‘If he’d been close to being OK we would’ve signed him,’ said Pulis, who has seen Ba, 25, score three goals in four games.

‘But the medical reports we had showed there was a massive risk. Luckily for him and West Ham, nothing’s happened.

'However, we could’ve lost him after a training session and the money Hoffenheim wanted was unreasonable.’

Worrying.